Got Duskwalker's Footpads but not an upgrade yet?

profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...opsie/advanced

Got Duskwalker's Footpads the other day but from simming they're not showing as an upgrade.

I know Footpads + 2 MA relics make it shine, but currently using Dreadlord's Deceit and Insignia. No MA relics, and no CoF Trinket. Using 880 Master Alchemist, 875 Serrated Edge, and 880 Toxic Blades

I'm guessing I should wait until I get the 1 or 2 MA relics or CoF to make the switch?
    Feedback appreciated.

You could run a sim to test it. But imo i think its better then Dreadlords in ST even without the relics and trinket

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you are using AskMrRobot.

I sim'd you with a random 840 cloak and the boots and the boots were a dps boost. I imagine you have a better than 840 cloak which would sim quite a bit higher.

Using simulationcraft latest nightly build.

Current armory gear : 552831 DPS

Leg boots: 559374 DPS w/ 840ilvl Drape of Vile Misfortune to replace your leg cloak.

Vendetta CD reduction is an all or nothing kind of thing from what I understand. I'm in the same boat in a sense. I have 2 MA relics with no CoF or boots and simming with and without causes a decrease with just the 2 relics. I believe it's only beneficial if you're able to sync every vendetta up with KB, or at least have it to a point where you're only delaying KB by 5ish seconds.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Deleted
    Warsty vendetta relics without boots were always bad. Now that they got nerfed they're even worse. Rupture envenom Poison rupture crit relics will all give you more dps

Right, I was confirming why the boots alone would not be an increase because of the same reason that just MA relics wouldn't. When KB didn't get boosted by vendetta then it was so long as you get an extra use of vendetta then it's worth it. Now that it does get boosted, vendetta reduction is only a gain when it lines up every KB with vendetta. To do that I believe you need 4/5 of the following: boots, 3 MA relics, and CoF (post relic nerf). Also the same reasoning why having all 5 of the above would do absolutely nothing as it would push you past that breakpoint and net no extra use/cause you to delay vendetta use for KB
    Last edited by warstry; 2017-02-18 at 01:20 AM.

CoF, 2 MA relics is fine w/o boots. 3rd MA isnt worth it.

It is just that CoF 3 MA and boots is immensely OP.

Still better then leg back for st. Just grab 2 MA relics and enjoy your bis leg.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    CoF, 2 MA relics is fine w/o boots. 3rd MA isnt worth it.
    Is it? Im unable to line up every single vendetta with kb

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Is it? Im unable to line up every single vendetta with kb
    You dont need to line up every single KB with vendetta, especially since the nerf to it.

I don't have boots, use 2 relics and CoF, and if I have to, I delay KB by maybe 5-6 sec, any longer and I use it on CD, you are gaining fuck all DPS waiting any longer.

Lining up KB was nice when it was easier, but Poison Bomb RNG will have more impact on your dps than anything we can control.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    You dont need to line up every single KB with vendetta, especially since the nerf to it.

I don't have boots, use 2 relics and CoF, and if I have to, I delay KB by maybe 5-6 sec, any longer and I use it on CD, you are gaining fuck all DPS waiting any longer.
    yeah i know, i read his post as "with cof+2MA you can line up every single KB and vendetta" nvm then

Quote Originally Posted by warstry View Post
    Vendetta CD reduction is an all or nothing kind of thing from what I understand. I'm in the same boat in a sense. I have 2 MA relics with no CoF or boots and simming with and without causes a decrease with just the 2 relics. I believe it's only beneficial if you're able to sync every vendetta up with KB, or at least have it to a point where you're only delaying KB by 5ish seconds.

Correct me if I'm wrong
    you are wrong, the benefit is in the improved uptime of vendetta, you can have, and actually you probably will have after the 2° vendetta, more uptime even with the same number of vendetta

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    you are wrong, the benefit is in the improved uptime of vendetta, you can have, and actually you probably will have after the 2° vendetta, more uptime even with the same number of vendetta
    Thank you. That's the reason I posted that was to be corrected if I was in the wrong. I tried to make a point to not say that was 100% the case and it was more feelcraft if anything. If only I could get a CoF or boots though.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    I'm guessing you are using AskMrRobot.

I sim'd you with a random 840 cloak and the boots and the boots were a dps boost. I imagine you have a better than 840 cloak which would sim quite a bit higher.

Using simulationcraft latest nightly build.

Current armory gear : 552831 DPS

Leg boots: 559374 DPS w/ 840ilvl Drape of Vile Misfortune to replace your leg cloak.
    Yep, I usually use AskMrRobot for most gearing but doing some testing in SimulCraft nets me a nice increase in DPS replacing cloak with an 885. AMR seems to be off with Boots + CoF (it's putting CoF trinket way below even some 860 ilvl stat sticks). CoF should be way higher assuming its simming a pure ST fight like Ursoc but guess it depends.

Also got a WF CoF over the weekend (lol) right after getting boots so both bring down the cooldown of Vendetta significantly.

@kidstechno - When you looked at the trinket rankings on AMR, were you using default stat weights (which is just 1 setup, not custom to you) or ones you generated from our simulator for a custom setup (the ones that take an hour to run)?

I did a quick comparison based on your character of some of the items you mentioned. CoF is definitely coming out ahead for you. Here's what I see:

Boots + current trinkets: 556,353 DPS
    Boots + CoF: 560,953 DPS
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @kidstechno - When you looked at the trinket rankings on AMR, were you using default stat weights (which is just 1 setup, not custom to you) or ones you generated from our simulator for a custom setup (the ones that take an hour to run)?

I did a quick comparison based on your character of some of the items you mentioned. CoF is definitely coming out ahead for you. Here's what I see:

Boots + current trinkets: 556,353 DPS
    Boots + CoF: 560,953 DPS
    I think I was using default setup. Don't think I've done custom stat weights yet, although I did do some simulations awhile back for maybe the machine learning setup? Honestly I can't remember, but my gear has changed greatly since then. Might need to run it again.

Yeah, default weights are a starting point, just like stat weights from guides. Here's a guide on running a custom setup on AMR, which also sims every item with a proc (like trinkets!) so those can be ranked directly from simulations too. http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg

Hit me up with questions. Once you run that, you'll have custom stat weights, and custom trinket, legendary, relic and set bonus rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Yeah, default weights are a starting point, just like stat weights from guides. Here's a guide on running a custom setup on AMR, which also sims every item with a proc (like trinkets!) so those can be ranked directly from simulations too. http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg

Hit me up with questions. Once you run that, you'll have custom stat weights, and custom trinket, legendary, relic and set bonus rankings.
    Hey Zoop, I ran a custom weighting strategy last night.
    Using the custom weight, it's still telling me to equip an 890 w/ socket Elemental Foci trinket over the 885 CoF even though running in single Simulate the COF comes out way ahead.

Current gear + 890 Foci Trinket w/ Socket (Mastery) + 875 Nightblooming Fond = 596k dps
    Current gear + 885 CoF + 875 Nightblooming Fond = 609k dps

Can you link me to your custom report? I will also run one and see if different settings changes something.

Also, is this for Best in Bags, or a regular ranked gear list. If it's best in bags, can you DM me your text-string that you paste into the site?