Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How can the devs be so out of touch with MW

Another update on class tuning, and they want to direct us away from spamming EF.

While nobody is sure how that might turn out, how are they unable to see that our spells cost too much mana, and that we clearly lack some form of utility.

Utility, mentioned and gave as feedback numerous times, yet every other class can do the same but offer more.

So for what reason are we excluded? And why has it not been addressed?

Maybe they will change the mana cost. We simply don't know yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how it turns out, it can be a good change. If they put EF on like a 10s CD and then increase the healing/efficiency of Viv/ReM/Effuse to compensate, would be nice.

Also, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK MAKE SHEILUN'S GIFT INSTA CAST or at least .5s cast if you don't want us casting it on the move. I'd say 80% of the time I use it is overheal because of how slow it is to cast.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Also, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK MAKE SHEILUN'S GIFT INSTA CAST or at least .5s cast if you don't want us casting it on the move. I'd say 80% of the time I use it is overheal because of how slow it is to cast.

For the love of god blizzard please do something about this.

Deleted
    im not sure theyre out of touch per se, theyre just reluctant to make big changes in general and have maneuvered MW into a spot where it needs some big changes

also they suck at communicating in general tbh

Deleted
    The thing is shuffling the way we heal around to stop us piling the mana into EF isn't really going to change anything about us, we'll still push HPS, that's it!

We'll just do it with different spells.

Oh great, I can't wait to start casting effuse in raids. That will end well.

Deleted
    if they make it worth casting. if they don't you just won't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Buff effuse and mastery? hmhm one button effuse memeweaver

- - - Updated - - -

TLDR: (Blizz hates mw.)

Putting a cooldown on EF is actually probably a good idea. The main issue with mana right now for a mistweaver in raids is because its all being dumped into EF. Like imagine if EF was placed on a 10s cooldown but it's hot duration was increased and it's mana cost was lowered a bit. Take the first boss of NH. The vast majority of healing done is by sitting there spamming essence font because it's a mistweavers only effective aoe heal when everyone is taking damage leading to a boring gameplay experience.

They need to do something with effuse. Right now it's useless. To long cast time. To little healing. It needs to be redesigned from the ground up.
    Abilities like vivafy and chi burst have no interaction with our mastery and they make up a huge amount of healing. Either mastery needs to be redesigned or make other targets benefit from a % of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart210 View Post
    For the love of god blizzard please do something about this.
    I had to comment on this as well. This shit takes forever to accumulate, takes forever to cast, and most of the time it is an overheal because some pally topped my target off with flash of light or a druid swiftmended. This artifact ability seriously needs to be reworked so it isn't so useless.

Not saying there is nothing wrong with MW, but it's hard to seriously listen to people crying about spaming EF is the only way to pump hps in 7.1.5. You're already nerfing yourselves by doing so.

I want Sheilun's Gift to come down like the moon in Majora's Mask.

It takes 3 days to cast and when it does it's worth billions in overhealing.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're also taking away mistwalk, wtf.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    ... and every other class in PvP cheers.

Mistwalk is seriously OP. Waaay too much mobility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yeah it stupid and the reason lore gave was even more stupid, it was to good in rbgs???? Since when did they give 2 shits about bgs and why the fuck are they replacing it with another shit talent no one will take? This will also just remove MWs from PvP.

Deleted
    Source for the class tuning changes?

Sorry I don't play MW, but when you guys say "spam essence font", you couldn't possibly mean literally just pressing it over and over right? There's more to playing one than that surely? I have been curious about it, but I get so much conflicting info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten View Post
    Sorry I don't play MW, but when you guys say "spam essence font", you couldn't possibly mean literally just pressing it over and over right? There's more to playing one than that surely? I have been curious about it, but I get so much conflicting info about it.
    It's a little bit of a "meme"(that's what all the cool kids in the discordsz) (lol am i cool yet guisze can i join yet) say

but what it really means is press essence font cast a few renewing mists on people with your essence font hot on them for double mastery hot on them, wait till your hot ticks off cast essence font again keep doing this til the fight is over if you need to move, cast effuse on the nearest tank and move, if there is a lot of damage, use mana tea and caste essence font and add vivify instead of renewing mist that is mistweaver, then go into discord and cry as troll as well cause you're so bored with the spec
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    It's a little bit of a "meme"(that's what all the cool kids in the discordsz) (lol am i cool yet guisze can i join yet) say

but what it really means is press essence font cast a few renewing mists on people with your essence font hot on them for double mastery hot on them, wait till your hot ticks off cast essence font again keep doing this til the fight is over if you need to move, cast effuse on the nearest tank and move, if there is a lot of damage, use mana tea and caste essence font and add vivify instead of renewing mist that is mistweaver, then go into discord and cry as troll as well cause you're so bored with the spec
    Be Blizzard,

Nerf Mastery to the point where Essence Font and UT Vivify's are the only MW spells with any throughput.
    Wonder why MWs spam Essence Font like they're TBC Resto Shamans but without the mana tide.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.