Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ohh so Wardens are Rogues now....

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    And Rexxar, half orc, also, huh, did you just confirm what I just said?
    5 humans and 5 elves vs. 3 orcs.

The last thing we needed was another elf, ANYTHING would have been better. Undead Moroes would have been a great choice.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    How many night elves they gon' add in this game. Weren't Malfurion and the Priest chick enough? I wanna see something else.

Got it, Blizzard doesn't know how to draw a cape. It still doesn't inspire me with confidence that a Rogue goes around wearing big flashy clothes...

(.....)

(Wtf are these people talking about. I never heard of that class. Is that like the new panda monk things...?)

(I thought Paladins were all about the "Light". Seems like completely opposite if you ask me.)

Don't mind me guys, I only played WoW in Cataclysm. I don't know anything outside of that or any other blizzard games.
    That's ironic, since the wardens were IN that expansion, in Hyjal. And no, wardens are older than WoW, they are from Wc3 to be exact. They are basically a secret order of Night Elves, sworn to protect the night elves from various dangers. They stalk their prey in the shadows and use poison and shadow magic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Too many elves but I guess they sell better than orcs, so Maiev > Garona. Funny thing is we have 5 elf chicks now with Maiev (Alleria, Tyrande, Liadrin, Maiev, Valeera) and Malfurion as a guy so that makes 6 elves.

They really could have gone with Velen for priest hero or Dezco for paladin for the sake of diveristy. Never thought blizzard will give into boobs selling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Ohh so Wardens are Rogues now....
    ...?

Wardens were ALWAYS "rogues". They were the secret police and assassins of the Kaldorei empire

Hell, even ingame in WC3 - long before the WoW Rogue class - two of their abilities were Fan Of Knives and Shadowstrike.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post

The last thing we needed was another elf, ANYTHING would have been better. Undead Moroes would have been a great choice.
    orcs are ugly unlike elves who are superior and pretty. you can never have enough elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Too many elves but I guess they sell better than orcs, so Maiev > Garona. Funny thing is we have 5 elf chicks now with Maiev (Alleria, Tyrande, Liadrin, Maiev, Valeera) and Malfurion as a guy so that makes 6 elves.

They really could have gone with Velen for priest hero or Dezco for paladin for the sake of diveristy. Never thought blizzard will give into boobs selling.
    they've been doing it since 2004 with wow....where were you?
    also it's because surprise surprise studies show that sex DOES indeed sell.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    ...?

Wardens were ALWAYS "rogues". They were the secret police and assassins of the Kaldorei empire

Hell, even ingame in WC3 - long before the WoW Rogue class - two of their abilities were Fan Of Knives and Shadowstrike.
    And the third one was Blink, does that mean they were also "Mage"? That's cherry picking and in truth WC abilities mean absolutely nothing, blizzard switched them around countless times.

The problem is that warcraft lore has like what? 50 or 100 "classes" while hearthstone is limited to 9 so they have to funnel it down.

For example when they announced a new Priest hero i was hoping it would be Sen'Jin, could have been the only troll hero and bonus points cause Vol'Jin was already a priest legendary, however Sen'Jin isn't a priest, he's Witch-Doctor, yet it can easily fall in this category for gameplay purposes while keeping the flavor.

It's a simple free cosmetic reward.

If they were going to put in a character who was drastically different than what we have, they would probably rather charge $10 for it.

Also, I'd be willing to bet Maiev is more well known than Moroes, and an undead Moroes would probably just confuse people who haven't played WoW since you know, living Moroes is a card already.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    <- isn't a warcraft lore nerd

I googled the name.

This fat guy is supposed to be a rogue?
    Got it, Blizzard doesn't know how to draw a cape. It still doesn't inspire me with confidence that a Rogue goes around wearing big flashy clothes...
    Claims not to be a warcraft nerd, doesn't realize maiev is a skinny female, but is an expert in what rogues are "supposed" to wear. LOL. Pro trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    And the third one was Blink, does that mean they were also "Mage"? That's cherry picking and in truth WC abilities mean absolutely nothing, blizzard switched them around countless times.

The problem is that warcraft lore has like what? 50 or 100 "classes" while hearthstone is limited to 9 so they have to funnel it down.

For example when they announced a new Priest hero i was hoping it would be Sen'Jin, could have been the only troll hero and bonus points cause Vol'Jin was already a priest legendary, however Sen'Jin isn't a priest, he's Witch-Doctor, yet it can easily fall in this category for gameplay purposes while keeping the flavor.
    Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that as an Agility-based WC3 hero, with iconic Rogue abilities, that were thematically the shadow operatives of the Night Elves... Wardens obviously fall under the Rogue category
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that as an Agility-based WC3 hero, with iconic Rogue abilities, that were thematically the shadow operatives of the Night Elves... Wardens obviously fall under the Rogue category
    Also doesn't touch upon the fact that rogues do have a way of teleporting with shadowstep anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's a simple free cosmetic reward.

If they were going to put in a character who was drastically different than what we have, they would probably rather charge $10 for it.

Also, I'd be willing to bet Maiev is more well known than Moroes, and an undead Moroes would probably just confuse people who haven't played WoW since you know, living Moroes is a card already.
    This thread is already full of "who?" from non-WoW players regarding Maiev, and we've already got Evil Medivh as a hero and Good Medivh as a card.

This thread is already full of "who?" from non-WoW players regarding Maiev, and we've already got Evil Medivh as a hero and Good Medivh as a card.
    That doesn't mean though that they would know anymore who Moroes and what happened to him, whereas Medivh is a mage either way for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That doesn't mean though that they would know anymore who Moroes and what happened to him, whereas Medivh is a mage either way for both.
    What it means is that explaining the lore to people who know nothing about WoW isn't relevant to who gets picked.

What it means is that explaining the lore to people who know nothing about WoW isn't relevant to who gets picked.
    Not really, it just shows there are people who won't understand either way, while the people who do know WoW would probably enjoy more prominent characters.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

4 orcs rexxar gul'dan thrall garrosh also one dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Claims not to be a warcraft nerd, doesn't realize maiev is a skinny female, but is an expert in what rogues are "supposed" to wear. LOL. Pro trolling.
    Oh my god you're right. I didn't read the last book that came out that's considered Warcraft canon so I can't claim to know ANYTHING about the universe. How am I supposed to know that Rogues are supposed to be low profile and stealthy without being up to date on every sentence Blizzard has ever announced?

Or next is there going to be a mage in plate armor with a 500 pound sword, and you'd tell me "wow you thought mages only wore bath robes? How can you claim to know what Mages are supposed to wear"

That shit was confusing. More confusing than Dragon ball having Vegeta the King, Prince, and Planet. "Do you mean Medivh the Hero you play as, Medivh the 7/7 card, or Medivh the guy throwing a party in the adventure, or the Medivh you play as in the adventure (twice)?" Cause they all look/act differently.

You ever see that girl who sees her uncle that's her dad's twin?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    they've been doing it since 2004 with wow....where were you?
    also it's because surprise surprise studies show that sex DOES indeed sell.
    Umm what? Blizzard games have very mildly sexualized female characters when put in online gaming perspective. Go compare female chars in Heroes of the Storm versus female chars in League of legends and tell me with straight face that Blizzard cashes in on boobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Umm what? Blizzard games have very mildly sexualized female characters when put in online gaming perspective. Go compare female chars in Heroes of the Storm versus female chars in League of legends and tell me with straight face that Blizzard cashes in on boobs.
    so all those bikini plate sets all those reskinned bikini plate and bikini mail/leather sets, the cataclysmic gladiators set which actually enlarges the female characters breast size when you equip it....yep none of that exists nope. also go look at the new tyrande valentines day skin you can clearly see parts of her breasts. not to mention sonya basic skin which has her dressed in a bikini style warrior armor. also ysera and alexstrasza's female forms with their g-string thongs. the list goes on and on and on. sylvanas armor in wow pre wod. jenna jameson as a npc in stormwind....yeah hmm hmm blizzard sure doesn't market sexuality...nope. not to mention all the times thrall has his shirt off....or how most of the modern orc designs are all muscle bound beefcakes. or how hearthstone releases the occasional sensual looking female card from time to time. night elf archer....the night elf healer 6 mana card. pretty much any night elf/blood elf card they release. secretkeeper. just because they don't do it to the degree lol does doesn't make it any less valid. tyrande's blood elf skin,kerrigan's succubus skin. the way succubus in wow look in general. also valeera....i rest my case.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-02-20 at 07:59 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I suggest you go and try some other games than Blizzard if you think all this stuff you mentioned is oversexualized, not to mention the volume of occasional bikini plate (seriously what is the ratio of that kind of armor versus armor that fully covers the body? 1:500 ???). If chars like Sylvanas look like boobs selling to you then I suggest you have a look outside your safety zone, because Blizzard games are reallly freaking polite.