Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You are assuming that those rooms would be empty, were it not for the security detail. I have no idea what you are on about.
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Room Rented By Secret Service on Taxpayer Dime = Trump makes money off Taxpayer
    Room Rented by Somebody Else = Trump makes Money off Somebody Else.
    Room Empty = Trump makes no money

Only one of those things is relevant to the discussion at hand. The occupancy status of the rooms otherwise is irrelevant.
    The Trump Tower security detail would remain regardless if she or he were there. Do you even security, bro? Do you think nobody was watching Obama's house when he was gone?
    Do you think Obama charged them rent when they watched his house? I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Well... to start with Obama lived in the White House, but yes it is standard practice to charge the secret service rent. The difference with Trump is the scale and the cost.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Only one of those things is relevant to the discussion at hand. The occupancy status of the rooms otherwise is irrelevant.

And this is the major point. He's asking the U.S. to pay him to use his facilities. Trumpers aren't going to see the problem, but if Obama had done it . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well... to start with Obama lived in the White House, but yes it is standard practice to charge the secret service rent. The difference with Trump is the scale and the cost.
    And that he's making money off it. Please don't forget the main point . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Looks like you have a problem.
    welp guess you are added to the list of people who have nothing to say.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Your notion only works if you start with patent ignorance of how real estate works. You are assuming that those rooms would be empty, were it not for the security detail. I have no idea what you are on about. Heck, Joe Biden charged the secret service rent for the use of a cottage on his property. I don't recall a bunch of outrage over that.

The Trump Tower security detail would remain regardless if she or he were there. Do you even security, bro? Do you think nobody was watching Obama's house when he was gone?
    lets be fair though, the relative small amount of what Biden did was nothing compared to what Trump is doing now. Also more importantly, I may not be a expert in local and federal US laws (nobody really is though, people understand it but they don't know it) their may have been tax reasons for not given away the space for free.

I can imagine that in regarding to the value of a property would be effected if renting it away below what's a common market price would bring problems of it's own and just asking for rent is easier in the long term. A businesses for example that gets products or resources from a subsidiary can't just ask any price they want, they need to ask a common market price like if the product was sold to any other. So that subsidiary can't just give away their product for free or ask double the market price, it's complicated but that's the jest of it.

But then about Trump

If President Trump put his assets in a blind trust (actual blind trust) then allot of the cost he would be making now wouldn't directly go into his own pocket and the cost the US tax payer is making to protect his family would also be much lower probably.

But since Trump has no plan to divest and he is literally staying at his own Hotels every weekend and the US government his paying for that it's a bit questionable in terms of ethics. At least if he needed a break every week he could go to a different hotel instead his own or even to camp david.

Well, Joe Biden factually did so....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    It took 30 seconds and one google search to disprove this one.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/3...erm-96-million

Hell he spent over 35 million on Christmas vacations alone

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-taxpayers-3/
    Is this Alternative Maths?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    lets be fair though, the relative small amount of what Biden did was nothing compared to what Trump is doing now. Also more importantly, I may not be a expert in local and federal US laws (nobody really is though, people understand it but they don't know it) their may have been tax reasons for not given away the space for free.

I can imagine that in regarding to the value of a property would be effected if renting it away below what's a common market price would bring problems of it's own and just asking for rent is easier in the long term. A businesses for example that gets products or resources from a subsidiary can't just ask any price they want, they need to ask a common market price like if the product was sold to any other. So that subsidiary can't just give away their product for free or ask double the market price, it's complicated but that's the jest of it.

But then about Trump

If President Trump put his assets in a blind trust (actual blind trust) then allot of the cost he would be making now wouldn't directly go into his own pocket and the cost the US tax payer is making to protect his family would also be much lower probably.

But since Trump has no plan to divest and he is literally staying at his own Hotels every weekend and the US government his paying for that it's a bit questionable in terms of ethics. At least if he needed a break every week he could go to a different hotel instead his own or even to camp david.
    I'm not defending Trump over taking vacations every weekend. There is a clear issue there, were this pace to hold up for 4 years. There is also a clear issue with him taking them at at public place, even if the club is private. That clearly drives the cost up, as well as the risk.

It's the security of his kids complaint that I take issue with. It's not a fair argument, in any way, to compare the costs of providing security to two adults and two children who live in the White House, with the costs of providing security to 6 adults, and their spouses, only one of which lives in the White House. Of course it costs more. In other news, buying additional tacos also costs more.

I just fail to recall any complaints about the costs of jet setting Bill Clinton around, or the costs of protecting any former presidents or their families. It's a national security issue, plain and simple. So, I think the notion that somehow the Trumps are profiting from this, or engaged in moral wrong doing, is just flat ridiculous. Even though there is no blind trust, he has pledged to donate all profits from official stays at his properties to the government. If he doesn't actually do that, then it would be a pretty big scandal.

I would love to see you try to flesh out this argument that somehow a blind trust would increase security or lower the costs of it. I have no idea what you are on about there.

I agree that Camp David is a much more appropriate weekend get away, both in security and security costs. It's the kid security complaints I find silly.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-02-20 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    welp guess you are added to the list of people who have nothing to say.

thank you.
    Waiting for supporting sources to be able to say something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Unacceptable. How in the world are people still in favour of this guy after he didn't even drain the swamp.

Only gonna go downhill from here once the taxes kick in.
    Mostly anything Trump does negatively is not reported on in the venues a trump voter frequents. If you go to Fox News right now the stories are wildly different than whats on MSN (and absolutely no mention of this spending). They did the same with Obama, except left leaning news were ever so slightly less brazen with their partisanship.

Waiting for supporting sources to be able to say something.
    If you can't confirm some simple facts down to needing proof he traveled and owns the property...then it's not even worth the time

They have already been provided in this thread as well as expenses and how they were calculated.

This is great, he is such a hard worker, he is determined to be a good president, and not let down his supporters.

Looks like you have a problem.
    That looks like you use the wrong pronoun in there. Try "I".

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think I'm okay with him spending tax money on shit like this if it prevents him from signing a few executive orders.
    Wait, now you have to pay your President to not be an idiot? Is that like paying the street musician to stop playing, because he's irritating everyone? Bloody hell, that's probably one of the worst subtle comments on here...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    that's what happens when you have the crazy left hurling threats at him and wishing him dead/shot on a daily basis lol.

behave yourselves maybe.
    fuck off, like his kids need to fear "lefties" when opening golf courses in fucking Dubai. on our dime no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    If you can't confirm some simple facts down to needing proof he traveled and owns the property...then it's not even worth the time

They have already been provided in this thread as well as expenses and how they were calculated.
    Then you will have no problem providing proof that all our tax money is going to him traveling to his own property.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That looks like you use the wrong pronoun in there. Try "I".
    Nope, it was correct.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe so many people got trolled so easily by the British equivalent to the National Enquirer. Gullible minds want to know! And Elvis is still alive and well, saw him last week riding a moped. Swear it was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Then you will have no problem providing proof that all our tax money is going to him traveling to his own property.
    You're asking for proof he's making money off of his travels to his properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're asking for proof he's making money off of his travels to his properties?
    It's pretty clear what was being asked.

It's pretty clear what was being asked.
    It wasn't, so please clarify what it is specifically you're looking for.