Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Skardyn's Grace - viable?(Delusions + CoF ?)

The questions are short. Did someone already test it, is it worth farming, is 845 version making big difference over 830? My Simc shows about 15k DPS decrase after swapping my 895 Nightblooming Frond for it. The other trinket is BTI 880. I also happened to get 890 CoF and Delusions. I'd love to know some opinions on this setup. Sims worse than NF+BTI as well.

I'm also curious how many of you find the spreadsheet made by Kib a good source of information. I can't link it cause I'm new but I've seen some people talk about it here so looks like most of you knows what I'm talking about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haheisenberg View Post
    The questions are short. Did someone already test it, is it worth farming, is 845 version making big difference over 830? My Simc shows about 15k DPS decrase after swapping my 895 Nightblooming Frond for it. The other trinket is BTI 880. I also happened to get 890 CoF and Delusions. I'd love to know some opinions on this setup. Sims worse than NF+BTI as well.
    This is because you didn't sim it correctly. By default, trinket uses happen after CB cast, and simC still snapshots CB, so you need to delete all trinket conditionals and move the trinket use above CB in your cooldown block.

I farmed the trinket and got 845 by chance. I was using 885 Memento and 895 Foci together, simmed Grace and Foci my dps decreased 5k or so according to SIMC. But i've tried it on dummy several times. With Grace and foci i managed to maintain my dps on 750k-800k after my second chaos blades finishes. With memento and foci it spikes between 650k-750k. I have no shoulders, got ring and belt. I think it definitely worth farming.

Yes it's viable. No, it's not worth farming. History has shown that Blizzard doesn't like things like this, it's gonna be nerfed within a week and then you'd cry about it being nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yes it's viable. No, it's not worth farming. History has shown that Blizzard doesn't like things like this, it's gonna be nerfed within a week and then you'd cry about it being nerfed.
    So from what you're saying there's nothing wrong with overbudgeted shit as Arcanocrystal, but there's something wrong with Skadryn's? Does blizzard like things like NH trinkets being under dungeon/Emerald Nightmare ones?

they nerfed the tank trinkets from time walking so most likely they will do the same thing here
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    they nerfed the tank trinkets from time walking so most likely they will do the same thing here
    Tanking trinkets are still one of the best ones out there for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    things like what, mastery on use that syncs up with CDs for once? what can they possibly do to nerf the trinket without destroying its fair budget? make it 10s/60s CD? its not really our fault other trinkets suck ass and have close to no synergy with DH CDs

Deleted
    Yes It's very viable, I do trust kib's simc to a certain degree as well, I simmed my own character with the trinket to make sure though. It really doesn't matter wether CB snapshots on simc or not because It's dynamic now. All in all, the trinket is good, very good infact. I got lucky to get it on my first try, then sold it, then figured it was good so restored it. (dropped 5 ilvls but worth it :v can log even easier for my ilvl :P) would I farm it? I know for myself that I would do it. (I was even attempting to farm HoV+15 for horn of valor trink lol) but would I recommend farming it? No. Blizzard tends to not like these things, I dunno how they'd nerf or if they even will considering that It's pretty annoying to get but..meh. Pretty risky to spend 6-8 hours farming, then it gets nerfed next reset lol.

As for delusions+CoF, I don't have CoF and even if I did it sims lower than my 830 trink atm, besides I have 2 meta relics from gul'dan and bot'anist sooo when my 2 min cd's are up I generally am only 10-15 seconds off. Keep in mind that the shoulder legendary continues to work so even far less. If we bloodlust at pull I can get it up at exactly 2 minutes. Is it worth waiting 10 seconds? Hell yeah, specially with the trinket >

Deleted
    I got it at 845, sold it, restored it a and look forward to have a good time with it

Deleted
    Can TW Gear Titanforge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakka2k View Post
    Can TW Gear Titanforge?
    Up to 845, no more, no less.

Thanks for your help ppl, I'm still curious what do you think about Delusions + CoF combo. I've just aquired it and I'd like to get some opinions from ones who tested it already as well as other legendaries. Can shoulders be BiS legendary this way aside from ring ofc?

It took blizzard the remainder of 7.1 to get rid of snapshotting. I don't think they're going to nerf Skardyn's unless it becomes pervasive.

I wonder...

You take Skardyn. You take Majordomo + Nightbane chest with mastery food (as the proc is always the same as your food), you then take Jacin's set, ring + belt... man I must test it xD problem is, I can't use delusions with that

Is there any more efficient way to farm this then to just keep doing all the TW dungeons you get hoping to get grim batol?

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    Yes It's very viable, I do trust kib's simc to a certain degree as well, I simmed my own character with the trinket to make sure though. It really doesn't matter wether CB snapshots on simc or not because It's dynamic now. All in all, the trinket is good, very good infact. I got lucky to get it on my first try, then sold it, then figured it was good so restored it. (dropped 5 ilvls but worth it :v can log even easier for my ilvl :P) would I farm it? I know for myself that I would do it. (I was even attempting to farm HoV+15 for horn of valor trink lol) but would I recommend farming it? No. Blizzard tends to not like these things, I dunno how they'd nerf or if they even will considering that It's pretty annoying to get but..meh. Pretty risky to spend 6-8 hours farming, then it gets nerfed next reset lol.

As for delusions+CoF, I don't have CoF and even if I did it sims lower than my 830 trink atm, besides I have 2 meta relics from gul'dan and bot'anist sooo when my 2 min cd's are up I generally am only 10-15 seconds off. Keep in mind that the shoulder legendary continues to work so even far less. If we bloodlust at pull I can get it up at exactly 2 minutes. Is it worth waiting 10 seconds? Hell yeah, specially with the trinket >
    CB DOES SNAPSHOT in simc tho, even tho it doesn't in-game.

CB DOES SNAPSHOT in simc tho, even tho it doesn't in-game.
    It doesn't anymore since the last Simcraft build.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...kets&boss=1842

Well DH are certainly using it and it appears to be viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    *link*

Well DH are certainly using it and it appears to be viable.
    It's hilarious how bad nh trinkets are for us atm, an 830 timewalking trinket outperforms everything we have at our disposal. Check the heroic 75th percentile graph for Krosus for 1 day, it's ahead over the 2nd (memento) by 81k dps. On all bosses it's 107.9 points vs 99.0 on the 2nd. Wtf? That's the same difference as between the 2nd trinket and the 12th, lol.

I farmed for it the last couple of days, just thinking of timewalking makes me want to vomit now but it was worth it. Now let's wait for the hotfix while bs like DoS on warriors is untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Is there any more efficient way to farm this then to just keep doing all the TW dungeons you get hoping to get grim batol?
    Sadly, no.

Edit: just got 910 DoS. 830 skardyn's still sims higher by 1k on short fights, 7k+ on longer fights (i sim dos properly). Ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmocb5ed661022; 2017-02-21 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kunnk View Post
    It's hilarious how bad nh trinkets are for us atm, an 830 timewalking trinket outperforms everything we have at our disposal. Check the heroic 75th percentile graph for Krosus for 1 day, it's ahead over the 2nd (memento) by 81k dps. On all bosses it's 107.9 points vs 99.0 on the 2nd. Wtf? That's the same difference as between the 2nd trinket and the 12th, lol.

I farmed for it the last couple of days, just thinking of timewalking makes me want to vomit now but it was worth it. Now let's wait for the hotfix while bs like DoS on warriors is untouched.

Sadly, no.

Edit: just got 910 DoS. 830 skardyn's still sims higher by 1k (i sim dos properly). Ridiculous
    You sure you're using latest nightly? I'd understand that 845 Skardyn's might outnumber 910 DoS but 830? MAke sure DoS is in second trinket slot if i read the current APL correctly.