10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Is it just me or does the cloth on the samurai look more 'flowy' than it is in-game right now?
    Well, with increased system requirements, I'd expect some improvements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Besides, the ability bloat comes from all the cool down abilities and the necessary cross-class abilities. Remove those from the equation (for the purpose of discussing if there are too many abilities in a combo chain) for say Monk and including the situational aoe part of the combo you're looking at just 7 skills total...and somehow some people think that's too many, geez.
    Go try that on a Dragoon.

I think my main beef is that I am not comfortable with that many hotkeys. I can reach 1-5, E, Q and I have 5 additional buttons on my mouse. I'd rather not start using control + number stuff. Tried that in WoW many years ago and could not get used to it.

Imho 12 buttons should be enough to cover all the rotational stuff w/o having to resort to clicking. Clicking 2m cooldowns is okay, given the games generous GCD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    So combo 1 is AAA, combo 2 is AAB, combo 3 is ABA. With 2 combo buttons, there's room for 8 3-button combos, with 3 combo buttons there's room for 27.
    I think this is basically how AION did it back in the day. When I got a crit with my cleric that enabled a combo move, the button changed and I could use the combo attack by pressing the same button again (obviously only combo enabled actions did that).

Going to such a system would eliminate my main beef with the combos.
    I realize that it is unreasonable to expect a major class overhaul, and judging by WoW, I'm not sure I'd want that anyway. Similar to another poster, I too am pretty comfortable with how the game is set up right now. It's fun and it works. Revamping the combo system would make room for new abilities though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I know it's just an anecdote, but my static has cleared all content, and I think our DRG and SCH play on PS4, and our WHM/AST plays on PC with a controller.

Not quite half our raid team, but close.
    That's pretty neat, and a hallmark to good game design, IMO, where 2 completely different input devices can be utilized to "beat the game". Given my prejudice in years past that a MMO being "limited" or "dumbed down" to where it could be played via controller goes to show how close-minded I was about the idea at one point.

It wouldn't come as a shock to me if it was indeed close to a 50/50 split across the board in terms of people who've cleared savage Alexander via KB/M vs. controller.

Regarding some questions of where the housing is, I'd say this interview (translation on reddit) makes it clear it's in Hingashi and we won't see Doma.

Just to make one thing clear when we talk about Doma and Hingashi they are two different countries. Hingashi being on an island and Doma being on the continent more to the east. So you can think of it as maybe having more Chinese and Mongolian type of taste in that design. It's something that's going to be decidedly different than what you see in Hingashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If 1 and 2 are meaningless in both effects and damage done and only 3 is relevant, then I question why have 1 and 2 at all.
    It makes some sense with the monk dance if 1 is to be done from behind and 2 from the flank, but with DRG or the tanks aggro combo it is completely useless.

It's just buttons for the sake of buttons, and imho that is lame design.
    Don't get me wrong: I don't want a TBC destro lock either and I felt that lv 50 BLM was already way too much of a snooze fest, but some of the actions are so lame and meaningless that close to no one should ever miss them if SE streamlines some of the bloat.

Also: I want more differences between the classes. If Pally uses combos: okay, why not. Why do DRK and WAR have to have the same 3 step combo systems?
    removing 2/3 of the combos would drastically lower the skill cap in this game. like anyone who thinks it wouldn't must not play at a very high level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    removing 2/3 of the combos would drastically lower the skill cap in this game. like anyone who thinks it wouldn't must not play at a very high level.
    Yeah, I get that the "I didn't finis my combo due to boss movement" and the "do I initiate chain X or will debuff Y fall off before that" do make things more difficult for DPS. Much less of an impact for tanks. Esp on DKR, who spams mostly one chain to get as many DA SE's in as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Go try that on a Dragoon.
    It's about 9 total (2 only usable with a certain buff up and it's chance which one you use) if I recall correctly.

anyone can tell me what they said about the battle system change ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    "more info to be released in may"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They said the skill cap got too high in HW and they want to keep it competitive for high level play but "bring the lower skilled players up"

Which to me just screams cooldowns becoming passives.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They said the skill cap got too high in HW and they want to keep it competitive for high level play but "bring the lower skilled players up"

they already used an example for feather foot, some CDs are not really internactive though. I can see leylines staying for BLM but MNK has some 30% crit buff thing and it's unnecessary in the long run

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    On a dragoon, it honestly wouldn't.
    You have (nearly) no room for fuckups or resets anyway, if you can't use the/a GCD, you start with the 1-2-3 of chaos thrust again and that's it.

They could easily remove the 1 part of both combos. Wouldn't change a damn thing for example. No one times combos with add spawns anyway, because the DPS loss of wasting GCDs is so much higher than the little extra burst you gain from saving heavy thrust for a mob that doesn't even have the debuff up.
    You use Jump/Spineshatter etc. for burst anyway, so.. *shrug*.

the 2nd 1-2-3 combo is completely useless anyway (as in: the benefit doesn't show enough), it doesn't add much DPS, it doesn't have any debuffs or procs, it's basically a build up for a bigger chain hit thats in fact not much stronger anyway. A waste of 3 hotkeys imho.

It'll honestly end up somewhere in a 2% dmg increase if you use the 2nd combo instead of not bothering with it at all. And in Dungeons, it's arguably even less because if you, for some reason, decide not to AoE, Chaos thrusting every mob (2+) will end up with you dealing *much* better DPS. So actually a DPS loss as long as your healer can still do DEEPS without focusing down something first.

They should also adress DoT clipping btw. It'd make certain rotational mistakes less impactful, yet still noticeable.
    Though, honestly, I don't know if they did that already?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-21 at 12:05 AM.

Cooldowns and/or redundant abilities. BLM Thunder spells stand as a possible culprit, to name one example. You get the base Thunder spell, but then T2 and T2 simply become passive upgrades to it (without the longer cast time and higher MP cost).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    they already used an example for feather foot, some CDs are not really internactive though. I can see leylines staying for BLM but MNK has some 30% crit buff thing and it's unnecessary in the long run
    Leave my super duper internal release alone (Ok, that sounds dirty...). It's fun to see basically nothing but crits for 15 seconds.

BRD is the one job that could use some CD clean up. Raging Strikes, Blood for Blood, Internal Release, and Hawk's Eye...should be interesting to see how that gets cleaned up.

10+ Year Old Account

Which will really kill an aspect of Warrior I've really grown to appreciate, I really enjoy the different combinations of Cooldowns based on the current situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Which will really kill an aspect of Warrior I've really grown to appreciate, I really enjoy the different combinations of Cooldowns based on the current situation.
    WAR is fine but have you seen how many cooldowns a DRK can have including cross class at 60? its bananas.

Uh ? Which class is considered too "high skill" ?

The difficulty seemed okay to me (maybe it changed since i've last played).

Thanks for the answer btw.

the RDM looks fun but I can already see those poor souls die to some random aoe with their built in dash-in, dash-out combo x)

Homophobia is so gay.

Oh yeah both new dps having a dragoon/ninja style animation lock is gonna lead to some players used to things like black mage and bard eating shit hard a few times.

the RDM looks fun but I can already see those poor souls die to some random aoe with their built in dash-in, dash-out combo x)
    theyre mostly talking about the added mechanics from heavensward. blood of the dragon, enochian, dreadwyrm, bard casting, etc. very unforgiving if you don't know a fight.

bard casting
    should have never even been put in or even considered.

10+ Year Old Account

Not so much high skill but too high a gap between skilled and unskilled dps