Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So how many Muslim inspired terrorists have come out of Chicago so far?
    4 to date out of the association I mentioned that we know of. Outside of that quite a few people from chicago tried to join isis or did. Chicago is a hotbed of activity.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/10/31/us...rror-plot.html
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-02-20 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    ah yes because of consequences but you said free speech cant factually be hindered in any way.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politi...ervice-tweets/
    It can't be hindered in any way. That is 100% true. The mistake you are making, is equating ALL speech as protected speech. You should have learned this before you got to junior high.

The National Parks Department is not a citizen. The people who made those tweets, are welcome to continue doing so on their own private twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It can't be hindered in any way. That is 100% true. The mistake you are making, is equating ALL speech as protected speech. You should have learned this before you got to junior high.
    But i dont equate ALL speech as protected speech as with anything their are consequences. You just did not clarify your definition of free speech in your post.

But i dont equate ALL speech as protected speech as with anything their are consequences. You just did not clarify your definition of free speech in your post.
    I use same definition as The Constitution, and the SCOTUS decisions addressing it. This is the exact same standard that all humans use, when discussing free speech in the US. I see little requirement to go in to a lengthy definition of a common phrase, in it's most common usage. /shrug

The bottom line is, you are wrong, and you should feel silly.

I use same definition as The Constitution, and the SCOTUS decisions addressing it. This is the exact same standard that all humans use, when discussing free speech in the US. I see little requirement to go in to a lengthy definition of a common phrase, in it's most common usage. /shrug

The bottom line is, you are wrong, and you should feel silly.
    Ok you had me confused when you said this
    I continue to be amazed how many of you guys think Trump is trampling on the free speech of the press by exercising his own free speech. We all get free speech, not just the press.
    So Trump has free speech to libel and slander without facts to back it up but your defintion of free speech and everyone elses say that libel and slander are not protected speech but you just equated it with free speech so you see my confusion and why i asked you for a definition.

Ok you had me confused when you said this

So Trump has free speech to libel and slander without facts to back it up but your defintion of free speech and everyone elses say that libel and slander are not protected speech but you just equated it with free speech so you see my confusion and why i asked you for a definition.
    Again, you seem to completely NOT UNDERSTAND how free speech works. Libel is not protected speech. Seriously dude, pick up a book, or go back to school. You are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Again, you seem to completely NOT UNDERSTAND how free speech works. Libel is not protected speech. Seriously dude, pick up a book, or go back to school. You are embarrassing yourself at this point.
    So Trump did not exercise his free speech like you said because he did libel and slander so you were wrong from the beginning thanks for proving my point.

Totally free protected speech right

He wont get in any trouble over it though.

Not to mention when the National Parks twitter account tweeted about inauguration numbers then the white house had them delete it thats totally not hindering free speech.
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2017-02-20 at 08:49 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    McCain should retire. He is has outlived his usefulness as a Senator in my opinion. At this point, I would put him in the same category as Harry Reid. In no way is Trump suggesting the media should be silent. He is wanting them to be more responsible in their reporting. The same thing Thomas Jefferson and Lincoln wanted. :P
    I can't believe you actually said this. Trump is NOT doing what you are claiming. He once actually said that if a poll doesn't favor him, it's fake. McCain is dead on correct - this is precisely how dictators get started. Know how we know? History.

So Trump did not exercise his free speech like you said because he did libel and slander so you were wrong from the beginning thanks for proving my point.

Totally free protected speech right

He wont get in any trouble over it though.

Not to mention when the National Parks twitter account tweeted about inauguration numbers then the white house had them delete it thats totally not hindering free speech.
    Deleting the National Parks tweets was hindering official speech, not personal free speech. No offense but, you are really struggling to get over your hate of Cheeto Jesus long enough to entertain even the most basic understanding of how free speech works. It's not a very interesting discussion though. So, you win or whatever.

Deleting the National Parks tweets was hindering official speech, not personal free speech. No offense but, you are really struggling to get over your hate of Cheeto Jesus long enough to entertain even the most basic understanding of how free speech works. It's not a very interesting discussion though. So, you win or whatever.
    So how is the National Parks official speech but The President of the USA Donald Trump twitter account is not official speech but free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The president represents the government. The government doesn't get the same rights as the people. You should know this.
    You are factually incorrect. You should know this. There is no forfeiture of free speech, in any circumstance.
    You can keep moving the goal posts to you win an argument as i could be wrong but on the original topic i was right and yes i win thanks for admission.

The national park service tweeting the crowd size goes against their rules so it was never free speech in the first place. As far as what the exact crowd size was falls under the thought process of who cares. I'd tell trump the same thing.

Trump is insulted by the media anti-campaign against him at the time of the elections, and now that he's in power, he's making his problems national

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Trump is insulted by the media anti-campaign against him at the time of the elections, and now that he's in power, he's making his problems national
    No it's more of a ratings thing. CNN has a base that hates trump so printing negative press makes them more money than them printing the same news without the vitriol. Jeff Zucker even went on record stating that it's helping his news organization make more money. Trump knows this and says "My ratings are great on tv at press conferences." Meaning it's all BS. If the audience is ok with this arrangement that they are being played while cnn makes more money than having a different tone. That is their prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The national park service tweeting the crowd size goes against their rules so it was never free speech in the first place. As far as what the exact crowd size was falls under the thought process of who cares. I'd tell trump the same thing.
    What rules would that be? You cant tweet negatively about the administration even if you weren't lying?

So how is the National Parks official speech but The President of the USA Donald Trump twitter account is not official speech but free speech?

You can keep moving the goal posts to you win an argument as i could be wrong but on the original topic i was right and yes i win thanks for admission.
    I'm perfectly fine with you thinking you won. You win, or whatever. I just thought you might like to know that your understanding of free speech is laughable for anyone above grade 3. You don't have to agree with it, if you don't want.

I'm perfectly fine with you thinking you won. You win, or whatever. I just thought you might like to know that your understanding of free speech is laughable for anyone above grade 3. You don't have to agree with it, if you don't want.
    I know i won because your quotes show i do. I know what free speech is and i also know its not free its like a bad oxymoron.

I know i won because your quotes show i do. I know what free speech is and i also know its not free its like a bad oxymoron.
    If you say so. Now, move along.

He doesn't get it. I would move on if I were you.

What rules would that be? You cant tweet negatively about the administration even if you weren't lying?
    That they don't announce attendance numbers at all. They got sued at one point for doing that and made a policy not to since.

Because it's his personal twitter account. It's not an account listed to represent a public entity. If the person that worked at the National Parks who posted the tweet, instead posted it on their personal twitter, it would be personal, not official. If Trump posts it on a Twitter with the official handle "POTUS", then he'd be speaking in official capacity, not personal.