Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    "B-but it's their culture!"

I do enjoy how we get told to respect their culture, yet if we tell them to respect the culture of the Country they are living in we are somehow the bigots.

God I can't wait for this idiocy to die out.
    There are elements of other cultures I respect. Stuff like this I don't respect, and I will flat out tell people they are idiots. Whether they're christians or muslims or whatever.

Now that said, it appears this article is from a tabloid. It's probably fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    enough that its worth mentioning, along with attacking patients, clinics and its other workers.
    Worth mentioning in a completely unrelated thread? Go on, tell me how many times it has happened this year, or last year, or the year before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It doesn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't heard of too many Christian parents threating to blow up teachers cars.
    have you heard of the Irish Republican Army?

This is the site you linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Growing pains, in 10 years we'll all look back and laugh
    You are absolutely correct. In 10 years we all look back, praise Allah, and laugh.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only idocy here is people getting riled up by a steaming heap of bullshit from the DAILY MAIL.
    the fact It happens enough in my own Country that it doesn't even make me doubt it happening elsewhere says as much as anything.

Had 3 Females friends kicked out of a Taxi in the middle of nowhere because the Driver didn't like the fact they had "revealing" (which really wasn't, just normal dresses and high heels/Makeup) outfits on and weren't accompanied by Male companions at the time or at any point in the night.

So yeah, I'm used to their bullshit and idiocy.

Its a religion of peace people!!! Stop being so xenophobic, we just need to import more of these people so we can learn to be good muslims with them, but we're still our own people!!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-21 at 02:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Video at the bottom of the linked article was worth the watch:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-3614838427001

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Worth mentioning in a completely unrelated thread? Go on, tell me how many times it has happened this year, or last year, or the year before that.
    It is less common, certainly, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

(If we're talking murders, the last incident was in November of 2015, btw, at least as far as I know. Lots of vandalism, arson, and the like, but no deaths I'm aware of in the past year or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    have you heard of the Irish Republican Army?
    Is that in the U.S.?

Additionally, because someone else did it before means we should be accepting of someone else doing it now?

How can Muslims oppress someone when they're an oppressed minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How can Muslims oppress someone when they're an oppressed minority?
    Because we let them for some reason.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Hahaha, I gotta laugh at all the people who've been umbrellas for these people and this shit.
    "They won't try to change our culture" - yeah... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Its worth mentioning giving the context of the thread and the person I orginally responded to. But since 93 there has been 11 murders and 23 attempted, that doesn't account the arson, anthrax letters, and general assault charges of course
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2017-02-21 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    It is less common, certainly, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

(If we're talking murders, the last incident was in November of 2015, btw, at least as far as I know. Lots of vandalism, arson, and the like, but no deaths I'm aware of in the past year or so.)
    I'm sure, but as I said earlier, it's stupid how people jump at any criticism of Islamic terrorists with "CHRISTIANS ARE BAD TOO!" Not only is that a horrible argument, but it's not even close to the same level at this point. Also, what they originally said was wrong or they couldn't provide an actual example of it happening as it apparently did here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Its worth mentioning giving the context of the thread and the person I orginally responded to. But 93 there has been 11 murders and 23 attempted, that doesn't account the arson, anthrax letters, and general assault charges of course
    93 doctor car bombings by Christians?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Is that in the U.S.?

Additionally, because someone else did it before means we should be accepting of someone else doing it now?
    its not "accepting" when you point out that "x sub group of y did something bad so all of y are equivalent" which always comes from this types of discusions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    You are absolutely correct. In 10 years we all look back, praise Allah, and laugh.
    i thought we're all going to hide behind trumps wall for safety from the invasion?

Is that in the U.S.?

Not at all.

The point, or at least the point I would make with such comments, is that there there is a disturbing tendency to see the following:

*Muslim does something horrible*
    --Conservative response: "A Muslim did something bad in the name of their faith, Islam is evil!"
    *Christian does something horrible"
    --Conservative response: "Yes, that Christian said they did that bad thing in the name of their faith, but we all know Christianity isn't evil so they're just a bad Christian. You can't judge the rest of us by the extremists that aren't real Christians!"

I have no problem condemning both equally, if that's the goal here. I also have no problem accepting that both have extremists that need to be dealt with, but who do not represent the majority of practitioners of those faiths. What I will not do, however, is pretend that Christianity is pure good and pass off all the horrible things that have been done in the name of Christianity as misguided mistakes, while condemning Islam for its mistakes.

Which is what it always comes across as when people start talking about how evil Islam is. There's a lot more going on than just one faith, and a rather large amount of it can be traced in the recent past to the actions of the US in the Middle East, and in the slightly more distant past (WWI era) to Britain's actions in the Middle East.

None of that makes refugees coming into countries and trying to dictate how things must be done something that's acceptable, but neither does it mean that the many Muslims I've known and worked with over the years are all of a sudden horrible people because others of their faith are doing terrible things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    the fact It happens enough in my own Country that it doesn't even make me doubt it happening elsewhere says as much as anything.

Had 3 Females friends kicked out of a Taxi in the middle of nowhere because the Driver didn't like the fact they had "revealing" (which really wasn't, just normal dresses and high heels/Makeup) outfits on and weren't accompanied by Male companions at the time or at any point in the night.

So yeah, I'm used to their bullshit and idiocy.
    Lets all sing the anecdotal song!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to progressive Britian, where unless you do exactly what the narrow minded migrants say, your intolerent!
    #boycottchina