Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Not at all.

The point, or at least the point I would make with such comments, is that there there is a disturbing tendency to see the following:

*Muslim does something horrible*
    --Conservative response: "A Muslim did something bad in the name of their faith, Islam is evil!"
    *Christian does something horrible"
    --Conservative response: "Yes, that Christian said they did that bad thing in the name of their faith, but we all know Christianity isn't evil so they're just a bad Christian. You can't judge the rest of us by the extremists that aren't real Christians!"

I have no problem condemning both equally, if that's the goal here. I also have no problem accepting that both have extremists that need to be dealt with, but who do not represent the majority of practitioners of those faiths. What I will not do, however, is pretend that Christianity is pure good and pass off all the horrible things that have been done in the name of Christianity as misguided mistakes, while condemning Islam for its mistakes.

Which is what it always comes across as when people start talking about how evil Islam is. There's a lot more going on than just one faith, and a rather large amount of it can be traced in the recent past to the actions of the US in the Middle East, and in the slightly more distant past (WWI era) to Britain's actions in the Middle East.

None of that makes refugees coming into countries and trying to dictate how things must be done something that's acceptable, but neither does it mean that the many Muslims I've known and worked with over the years are all of a sudden horrible people because others of their faith are doing terrible things.
    I'm not a fan of religious fanaticism, regardless of where it's coming from. I guess the reason im a bit more critical of islam in cases like these is because they are imported as refugees, or seeking asylum, but then act like Asshats and demand changes that will make their adoptive home look like what they are fleeing from.

If you are a guest, or a refugee because of persecution in your home land, be thankful that you were admitted to your new country, and quit trying to make it look like the shithole you left. Stop trying to force your cultural and religious views on the natives who have had their own homogenous cultural for a thousand years.

In short, stfu and if you don't like how our people dress or act, theres the damn door.

Not all Muslims are threatening her.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Lets all sing the anecdotal song!
    Regardless of it being anecdotal.

It still happened.
    It was still because of his shitty culture.
    and it has still happened enough that It's not surprising anymore when it does.

Ugh, can't these people just assimilate?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    No silly, we are meant to assimilate with THEM not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No silly, we are meant to assimilate with THEM not the other way round.
    Sorry, i forgot we are filthy kuffar

Is Australia meanwhile, Muslim school boys are being allowed to refuse to shake the hands of women:

"The practice reportedly comes from the Islamic hadith teaching that states: “It is better to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle than to touch the hand of a woman who is not permissible to you.”

What I find interesting here is that feminists have made no complaint or even comment about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Is Australia meanwhile, Muslim school boys are being allowed to refuse to shake the hands of women:

"The practice reportedly comes from the Islamic hadith teaching that states: “It is better to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle than to touch the hand of a woman who is not permissible to you.”

What I find interesting here is that feminists have made no complaint or even comment about this issue.
    Because bathrooms are more important.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    "Trish O'Donnell, head of Clarksfield Primary School in Oldham, has endured 'harassment and intimidation' in the form of 'aggressive verbal abuse' and 'threats to blow up her car' from parents pushing conservative Muslim ideals."
    Yet they don't like the stereotype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Nope! They gotta bring their theocracy and force it on the masses of where they move to, because if not, INTOLERANCE!

- - - Updated - - -

So you mean this hard push for forcing islam across the free world actually DOESN'T create tolerable conditions for the people already living there, almost like.. an invading force?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-21 at 02:51 AM.
    #boycottchina

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the school board deems the clothing acceptable, then she doesn't have to change. Religious differences would suggest that the one's being the prudes are the complainers.

Deleted
    My response as a proper leftie, liberal, sjw and a feminist would be to do everything as muslims tell us to do, as they can do no wrong. And also hate on white men while we are at it.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-21 at 02:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not all Muslims are threatening her.
    exactly.

Even if 99,9% of the muslim world population would threaten that teacher it would still have nothing to do with islam, because there is 0,1% left that actually isn't threatening her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If the school board deems the clothing acceptable, then she doesn't have to change. Religious differences would suggest that the one's being the prudes are the complainers.
    oh no their not being prudes. They just want to push sharia law into schools most likely.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So you mean this hard push for forcing islam across the free world actually DOESN'T create tolerable conditions for the people already living there, almost like.. an invading force?
    It's worrying to see so many clashes of conflicting cultures between Islam and everyone else in our country. We have practically zero issues with Buddhists or Jews for example, it always seems to be one particular religion that refuses to assimilate or at least tolerate established values. Despite our reputation, Australians are a very fair and tolerant lot. But we get confused when immigrants that flee here desperately try to turn our country into what they ran away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I dunno Japan and Germany don't seem to bad 70 years later.
    Germany and Japan had tons of sanctions done on them. Should we do the same to every country in the ME and also build bases there? I mean if you're saying we should follow suit from WWII

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they can pull their kids out of the school. People of different cultures don't get to tell each other how to live.

Religion stays out of school, regardless of what the parents want.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-02-21 at 02:47 AM.

pick them up send them off to whatever shithole they came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worrying to see so many clashes of conflicting cultures between Islam and everyone else in our country. We have practically zero issues with Buddhists or Jews for example, it always seems to be one particular religion that refuses to assimilate or at least tolerate established values. Despite our reputation, Australians are a very fair and tolerant lot. But we get confused when immigrants that flee here desperately try to turn our country into what they ran away from.
    I've thought of this too. Here's the question, why is it we don't see a mass immigration of westerners moving to the middle east? Places like Saudi Arabia or Iran? Maybe it's because their countries are so opposed to how people live in the west, that trying to assimilate there would go against what we're raised on in the west, so we don't move there, including all the sjws and feminists who think they are making the world a better place, while ignoring the issues from those countries.

But of course, you get people like the Swedish government, who thinks all these immigrants will just assimilate into their culture, but it's not happening. These people don't care about the culture of the country they immigrate to, they just want to bring their shit with them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is being closed because almost nobody is discussing the topic, which was admittedly clickbait from a tabloid (also not a plus), but using this as a venue to bash Islam and Muslims.

If you're looking for a place to bash religious groups and their views, that place is not these forums. We don't allow hate speech of that sort here, and it's specifically forbidden under the site rules.