Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Best Nighthold HC Raid Size?

I would love to know your opinions on this for hc nighthold, if you where to start your own hc full clear run, would you either go:

1) 2/3/9
    2) 2/4/12
    3) 2/4/14
    4) 2/5/16

I been lately seeing alot of 2/5/16 comps here and there, what one do you guys think is the best/reliable one?
    Last edited by mmoc627d35faa6; 2017-02-21 at 12:23 AM.

5 healers for 23 people when even 30 man is 3 healable...

I don't know why people get some hampered on raid sizes. Outside of extreme situations which make certain fights harder on really small or really big groups it doesn't matter. Take the best options you have and pew pew.

Best is 30 players. or 2/5-6/22-23. More players = more loot.

20 is good cos its mythic size but more is better since a lot of the fights just harder with small grps due to them getting same amount of mechanics

2/2/26, or 2/3/25 if you have bad healers.

Deleted
    ideally 0/0/30

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    No, the DPS checks are not even close to that tight in heroic, get out of your own ass.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    No, the DPS checks are not even close to that tight in heroic, get out of your own ass.
    Who said they were? If you want to be a scrub and stack healers for no reason and get less loot with worrying about stupid breakpoints then that's your own problem.

30 people, 2 healers, get loot, get out fast, gg.

It's not a complicated thing.
    Last edited by GutsAP; 2017-02-21 at 02:47 AM.

it's more if you have the roster to 30man, you most likely also have the gear to simply not care about the mechanics either.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

If you're able to get 30 people then 30. You get more loot out of it and a lot of mechanics are trivialized because of the large group.

I've found the first 9/10 seem pretty easypeasy to do 2/4/14-24. Guldan still feels like it needs an extra healer though.

14-24 people is a pretty big swing, I usually start with 24 dps and 2 tanks 4 healers, and cut dps who don't do mechanics or numbers or both. That usually wittles down to around 24-25 people by the time we get to guldan, and then I pull in an extra healer. Raid seems pretty balanced and flexible though, I haven't felt like there are any major breakpoints that you must have this number of people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you're able to get 30 people then 30. You get more loot out of it and a lot of mechanics are trivialized because of the large group.
    will do then since alot say 30man better , what about pugs, same case?

Deleted
    neither are the HPS checks

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    will do then since alot say 30man better , what about pugs, same case?
    Depends on the fight. Tichondrius and Guldan and Star Auger for instance gets pretty messy with 30m. Krosus gets easier though, because while there are more soaks, there are also more people to deal with the adds and you really only need a few people hard swapping. 30m definitely gives you more leeway in terms of some shitter fucking up a mechanic though.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it's clearly 27 dps, 1 moonkin with resto affinity and 2 ferals with guardian affinity.

Seriously though suggesting to someone who wants to start a PuG/new group to 2 heal 30 man HC nighthold is some next level stupidity.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-21 at 03:36 PM.

People are still obsessed with mechanic breakpoints, which no longer exist at all.

That said, I like raids with full groups (2/3/10, 2/4/14, 2/5/18) the most (for not having extra loot lottery, rather safe 3/4/5 pieces of loot)

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    People are still obsessed with mechanic breakpoints, which no longer exist at all.
    i really hope this is the case, but i kinda need some proof to throw at my raid leader, otherwise the obsession over mechanic breakpoints will continue.
    <insert witty signature here>

There are certain fights which are a bit easier with different raid sizes, nothing significant though. I thought HC referred to the hard not heroic difficulty which now is mythic, guess not.

20 people with 4 healers, 1-2 of which with a dps OS who can switch then take the same group into mythics.
    Demo is fine... play better.

I'd be curious to see many logs of people doing 2/2/26 on Heroic from a group with a reasonable item level for heroic (not some team deep into mythics doing a quick farm for tier or something)

2 healers for 30, maybe if they're 905+ ilvl or something.