Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Are those both still true? China's not exactly a lightweight. And there's a train from China to UK. Which is fucking incredible.
    Those are both still true... also China may be catching up but they sure as fuck are light years away when we look at PER capita.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So what's Donald Trump going to do about it? Cry about how Britain is mean on Twitter?
    What? I'm just saying I don't like Trump I don't like he got elected; however, he is our president, he does represent the USA and this level of disrespect from our oldest ally would just be fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, I'm not a fan of trump and think he makes a mockery of my conservative beliefs.
    You mean perfectly embodies conservative beliefs.

Say what you want about the inbred turnip but there is no denying that he was the best candidate to represent right-wingers / Republicans.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I wish we could have one day where the media doesn't shit on trump. I'm not a fan of him either but give him a chance, bitching about him everyday gets annoying fast
    Give him a chance? He blew his chance on the first day when he told multiple lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The question is... are they bitching on him because they dislike him, or do they have to bitch on him, because he's proving to be a new kind of imbecile every single day?
    Personally I don't think it adds much value at all to spend every day writing some new outrage piece. really at this point, we can just do a weekly summary of everything he did. I personally think the media is gong to burn people out and that seems to already be the case. George Takei got a sample of this when he did a twitter poll and it turned out 49% agree that the news was the biggest harm to America (and shamefully he deleted it when things didn't started going down hill.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What? I'm just saying I don't like Trump I don't like he got elected; however, he is our president, he does represent the USA and this level of disrespect from our oldest ally would just be fucking stupid.
    Again, I'd say most people can clearly see they're disrespecting Trump, not the United States.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Again, I'd say most people can clearly see they're disrespecting Trump, not the United States.
    They may view it that way and perhaps many others do, but I view it as disrespect to us as a nation, which more disrespect weighted towards trump.

Fresh off of Trump's twitter. He decided not to visit. Kellyanne Conway will be making the rounds to make sure everyone knows he posted BEFORE Parliament made up their mind.

They may view it that way and perhaps many others do, but I view it as disrespect to us as a nation, which more disrespect weighted towards trump.
    Fake outrage. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Good. he needs some rejection from major powers.
    Lol UK and major power in the same sentence the only "major power" left in the world is the USA a country can't be a major power if it could be conquered in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Fresh off of Trump's twitter. He decided not to visit. Kellyanne Conway will be making the rounds to make sure everyone knows he posted BEFORE Parliament made up their mind.

Fake outrage. Sad.
    Fake outrage on which side?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So not a formal vote but voice vote? British Parliament is strange
    Sensational news is "strange", not British Parliament.

Poms are stupid sometimes

Bring back Enoch Powell

Is that Pewdiepie or Prince Harry ?

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-02-21 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure almost ANY other US politician would be met with open arms in Britain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mohangz View Post
    the only "major power" left in the world is the USA
    Don't you worry, Trump is working awfully hard to turn Russia back into a major power!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Stupid.

Nothing like rejecting your largest ally. Silly Brits.
    Concur, i would be embarrassed if we done this.

I don't really get what the protests are about in the UK.

They seem to be generic "he's going to lead to a facist leadership in the US" arguments - which are nonsense... and doesn't effect us in the UK.

And "He's a misogynist because he's Pro-life" which is a FAR FAR more complicated issue than labelling anyone a misogynist.. and also doesn't effect us in the UK.

Granted, he's a creep and an idiot, and maybe we should be holding protests for what leaders are doing in other countries... but if that's the case there's a MASSIVE list of other countries we should be protesting about long before we get to the US.

Protesting in the UK about perceived changes to womens rights in the US.. whilst NOT protesting the treatment of Women in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan is just bullshit. Russia even changed the law that outlawed domestic abuse... where were all the protests for that?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Politicians virtue signalling at the expense of the national interest, shocker right there

Trump is a total wanker, but no less of a wanker than Xi Jinping and many others who've enjoyed a State invitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    BBC Parliament is a thing but it's mostly dull as ditch water. PMs questions usually comes across a a drunken argument amongst 12 year olds in a shitpoints scoring contest. It's not to say that there isn't some worthy debate held in that House, but the tendancy toward cheering, booing and heckling gives a pantomime feel to proceedings.
    But there's life in it, man! I've always been awed by how you run it and yet get stuff done. Our Parliament just consists of long boring statements and counterstatements, read from paper in a deadpan voice. Most of our MPs don't even bother to show up unless there's a vote. I don't think I ever saw the Commons less than half full.

Deleted
    But if someone from Saudi Arabia would come and visit it would no doubt be ok?

The hell is going on in the Western world these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm actually pro-pussy hat. It seems like the rowdy public instigated the vote. Now, there is a right I wish we had in the US. Then again, we would probably just end up with National Beer Day, and The Freedom of Driving Around in the Army Tanks Act.
    It makes sense when you consider that Britain is a monarchy. Since power nominally comes from the Top Man, most milestones of British parliamentarism were technically petitions that the sovereign graciously granted ("or else" need not be specified since they chopped off the head of the king who was too thick to get it). So of course they keep the institution alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The hell is going on in the Western world these days...
    If you haven't been keeping track - the US elected a narcissistic fascist demagogue to office, who is highly suspected of being a traitor and a criminal and who frequently acts like a 2 year old school kid in public.

Hope that helps.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't really get what the protests are about in the UK.

They seem to be generic "he's going to lead to a facist leadership in the US" arguments - which are nonsense... and doesn't effect us in the UK.
    Quite a few of the comments I saw ran along the lines of "he's a clown not worthy of meeting the Queen and addressing Parliament". I understand those are privileges, not rights.