Poll: What should become of the demons?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    We have no idea how many of these mindless scourge are still alive after the Fall of the Lich King while the majority is probably in Northrend and Bolvar can currently only control those in Northrend.
    And yes, they do have a hunger for living flesh and would consume anything in their range but how exactly would mindless know where to look for? How would they get to EK/Kalimdor/other?
    Yes they can still be dangerous if mindcontrolled by whatever malevolent being giving them a direction. However the AC/DKs could still decimate their number over the time given. I mean they had about 5x the time of the Northrend campaign.

We were killing high ranked demons and leaders ever since the WotA. Didn’t stop the lesser demons from invading over and over again. Yes, they were probably under some pressure, because if they didn’t invade they would’ve been punished by the management, but that logic is flawed in WoW.
    We killing off stronger enemies however never led to lesser ones surrendering unless they were actual slaves against their will.

Besides that: the only cosmic threat left would be the void lords, which aren’t even existing in our plane yet.

The following below is just my take on things

Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies that had bled together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. Without Light and Void, demons would not (or cannot) exist right? Well, if they wouldn't, I would say that Light and Void energies are integral to (or a part of) the demons' existence and are therefore "worked" into demons. To me, demons serve as conduits or proxies for the Light and/or Void. The majority of demons may not channel the Light or "work for the Light" because the Light is a benevolent force and would not have intentionally "created" the malevolent demons. They're just an evil byproduct of the Light and they feed on life and magic as if they're void-related entities hungry for energy. If anything, most - if not all - demons do the work of the Old Gods because, just like the Old Gods, they transform the places they invade into places of suffering and death, tormenting mortals and feeding upon their life. That is why I believe the majority of demons would just serve the void lords if Sargeras falls. No matter what, there will always be at least some demons who wield Void energies, spreading corruption and doing what the void lords want the Old Gods to do (to an extent). These demons would be the ones that the Burning Legion would seek to stop given Sargeras' silly goal, but who are we kidding? The Burning Legion seeks to destroy all worlds, killing most living beings residing in them and converting the rest into demons tethered to an astral abyss with a fel mockery of the very lands that exist in the physical universe. The Burning Legion seems to be anti-order and, to me, seeks to do something worse than what the void lords have planned for the physical universe. After living things are infused with shadow energies, they would become sick or plagued. When living things are infused with fel energies, they would burn. I'd rather be a sick world infused with a dark energy necessary to existence than a "burning", "dead", demonic, floating piece of earth that some would actually call a world.

I definitely wouldn't want Sargeras dominating my world, especially since he is practically insane for believing in dark spirits that don't exist, not in reality anyways. This titan literally became a "walking contradiction", representing the very thing that the titans stand against (disorder), ultimately because "living worlds" feared that demons would disturb their silly quest to find more "living worlds". This is something I find quite ironic because it seems that the demons of the Burning Legion are now actually going on a quest similar to the one the titans were going on, searching for world-souls. Whereas the demons of the Burning Legion are searching for worlds to burn, the titans were searching for worlds so that they can establish their own sense of order upon them, molesting/touching their nascent/sleeping relatives when they're young. Still, I believe the demons of the Burning Legion and the titans could have been friends, questing and establishing their sense of order upon worlds together. That or the demons would have made great hounds for the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely splinter into various factions until somebody powerful enough comes along to unite them again by force.

Deleted
    Demons follow strength and power, so they will follow the most powerfull being in the legion.
    The legion pretty mutch is a maffia organisation first there will be civil war but after that they unite behind the demon that wins that war.

They'll go back to how they were before the Burning Legion. Don't forget that demons are simply creatures of chaos that are native to the Twisting Nether, and it's not like we are going to destroy the Twisting Nether. There will always be demons.

Before the Burning Legion, they were simply causing chaos throughout the Universe, toppling civilizations 'for fun', just because that's what they do by their very nature. They don't have to be organized to cause trouble. But a bunch of disorganized random demons don't stand a chance against the defenders of Azeroth, they won't be a major threat to our existence once the Burning Legion is defeated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No one, I would think. If the Legion falls entirely the demons will return to their home dimension of the Twisting Nether and return to their M.O. before Sargeras formed the Legion. Some demons might follow the example of Lothraxion and join the Army of the Light and others might embrace the Void Lords and join the forces of the Shadow.
    Why would they do that? I mean, when Sargeras was fighting them, they did everything in their power to corrupt him, now if Sargeras falls, will they just throw down their arms and go?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They'll go back to how they were before the Burning Legion. Don't forget that demons are simply creatures of chaos that are native to the Twisting Nether, and it's not like we are going to destroy the Twisting Nether. There will always be demons.

Before the Burning Legion, they were simply causing chaos throughout the Universe, toppling civilizations 'for fun', just because that's what they do by their very nature. They don't have to be organized to cause trouble. But a bunch of disorganized random demons don't stand a chance against the defenders of Azeroth, they won't be a major threat to our existence once the Burning Legion is defeated.
    Why so? In the end, wasn't that the argument for the Scourge? That without a leader, they'd rampage and kill everyone? Unlike the Scourge, demons are in the trillions of trillions. Without leadership they would probably consume all the lesser worlds. Maybe Azeroth would be spared, but the rest?
    Also, some smarter demon might direct hoards of demons toward here just to get rid of them. Eventually some would break through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why so? In the end, wasn't that the argument for the Scourge? That without a leader, they'd rampage and kill everyone? Unlike the Scourge, demons are in the trillions of trillions. Without leadership they would probably consume all the lesser worlds. Maybe Azeroth would be spared, but the rest?
    Most demons are not part of the Legion. The Legion only consists of the group of demons Sargeras recruited or created. Demons in the Nether are infinite in number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why would they do that? I mean, when Sargeras was fighting them, they did everything in their power to corrupt him, now if Sargeras falls, will they just throw down their arms and go?
    The Legion is only acting in concert because of Sargeras' control and/or leadership - without him to enforce unity among the demons I believe they would go back to their previous MO. As creatures of chaos they would seek to pursue their own agendas, much as they did before Sargeras impressed them into his armies.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If Kil'jaedin is still alive, he'll do it again, just like he did when Sargeras and all the other demons were still dead in the canon 2 expansions ago.

but since shit is moving forward, the VoidLords/OldGods will take over the Legion. They need some hosts for their dark army.

- - - Updated - - -

The Legion is only acting in concert because of Sargeras' control and/or leadership - without him to enforce unity among the demons I believe they would go back to their previous MO. As creatures of chaos they would seek to pursue their own agendas, much as they did before Sargeras impressed them into his armies.
    The Legion is very structured for a bunch of creatures of chaos. And we've already seen a Legion without sargeras, back in Sunwell Kil'jaedin confirms he's the leader of the Legion now.(which is then retconned later on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The Legion is very structured for a bunch of creatures of chaos. And we've already seen a Legion without sargeras, back in Sunwell Kil'jaedin confirms he's the leader of the Legion now.(which is then retconned later on)
    This is true, but I've always seen the Legion as largely a creation of Sargeras - a remnant of his Titan penchant for order, if you like. Sargeras' might and fear of his power keeps the lower demons (including the Eredar) in check and in line, and Sargeras through his Eredar lieutenants Kil'jaeden and Archimonde enforces a brutal hierarchy that ties the rank and file of the Legion to his command. Without Sargeras at the helm the Legion will falter in the long term. The Artifact histories demonstrate that even with Sargeras present the demons within the Legion still cozen and plot among themselves - such as Netrezaar and his mad plot to kill Kil'jaeden or Satiel and her desire to use Ulthalesh to take command of the Legion itself (spurred on by the namesake Nathrezim spirit within the scythe). The demons are by their nature fractious and chaotic and without Sargeras' command that nature would eventually assert itself and the Legion would crumble.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

This is true, but I've always seen the Legion as largely a creation of Sargeras - a remnant of his Titan penchant for order, if you like. Sargeras' might and fear of his power keeps the lower demons (including the Eredar) in check and in line, and Sargeras through his Eredar lieutenants Kil'jaeden and Archimonde enforces a brutal hierarchy that ties the rank and file of the Legion to his command. Without Sargeras at the helm the Legion will falter in the long term. The Artifact histories demonstrate that even with Sargeras present the demons within the Legion still cozen and plot among themselves - such as Netrezaar and his mad plot to kill Kil'jaeden or Satiel and her desire to use Ulthalesh to take command of the Legion itself (spurred on by the namesake Nathrezim spirit within the scythe). The demons are by their nature fractious and chaotic and without Sargeras' command that nature would eventually assert itself and the Legion would crumble.
    Satiel is more proof of how incompetent of a villain Sargeras is, ontop of losing his titan body and getting skewered while in Medihv, but i do agree that his presence is what caused a lot of loyalty and order. When we first saw Mal'ganis in WotLK, I was hoping that we were starting to see demons breaking away from the Legion and seeing factions pop up, kinda like they did in they extended Star Wars stuff after Sidius' death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Satiel is more proof of how incompetent of a villain Sargeras is, ontop of losing his titan body and getting skewered while in Medihv, but i do agree that his presence is what caused a lot of loyalty and order. When we first saw Mal'ganis in WotLK, I was hoping that we were starting to see demons breaking away from the Legion and seeing factions pop up, kinda like they did in they extended Star Wars stuff after Sidius' death.
    Something along those lines is pretty much exactly what I would see happening without Sargeras' influence. Even Archimonde had his own plans when it came to draining the World Tree - a mad scramble for power that he thought would set him above Sargeras. Sargeras' hold over the demons is tenuous at best, and they act in concert only when his proverbial eye is upon them.

My random wild guess is that they either join Illidan, or somehow be infused with Light and become good and join us in fighting the Void.

Ofc, there will be a bunch that actually joins the Void Lord (Mainly the Dreadlords), but demons vs void = fun!

Something along those lines is pretty much exactly what I would see happening without Sargeras' influence. Even Archimonde had his own plans when it came to draining the World Tree - a mad scramble for power that he thought would set him above Sargeras. Sargeras' hold over the demons is tenuous at best, and they act in concert only when his proverbial eye is upon them.
    I would love to see what the retcon for that is now, after reading about how sargeras was pissed at Satiel for draining the power at Deadwind Pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would love to see what the retcon for that is now, after reading about how sargeras was pissed at Satiel for draining the power at Deadwind Pass
    I believe Sargeras was essentially stuffed in the cooler following his "death" with Medivh at Karazhan, which might explain why both Archimonde (in WC3) and Kil'jaeden (in SWP during TBC) were both pursuing their own power agendas until WotLK and the events of the Battle for the Undercity. Sargeras himself might still be in the proverbial freezer for all we know, the events in the Nightwell and the Tomb of Sargeras seem to be all about getting him into some form from which he can re-assume command of the Legion. I think in WotLK Sargeras finally gathered enough of himself to start making the substance of his command known once more, and now in Legion we're seeing the endgame of its attempts to reassert himself. I guess 7.3 will answer the question for sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    No one. That's the whole point... Burning Legion is done after Legion.
    Just like the scourge amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.