Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile New pet family: Feathermanes

I have not seen this posted yet soo in 7.2 after you finish the mount quest you can buy the book from the stablemaster in our class hall.
    Currently it requires:
    -10k resources
    -Maxed Titanstrike artifact
    MM and SV full artifact can unlock a new color of the mount for purchase of 10k resources respectively.

Unknown if it has an ability due to it being NYI and artifact gated.
    List of possible skins:
    http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=feathermane
    Includes:
    Gryphons
    Hippogryphs
    Wyverns
    Wolfhawks
    Owlcats

What special ability does it have? Is it exotic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    Both of those are uknown since ppl havent been able to get the book yet. They are most likely not exotic tho and I personally expect them to have an ability with all the stuff you need to have to get them.

SO we're taking Druids now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    SO we're taking Druids now?
    we could already take druid

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to tame boomkins. :P Seriously...

Even though i always welcome the idea of new Pet Families, i would love for BM to not be "normalized" with only 2-3 specific pet abilities like we have today...
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Owlcats? Really? You can't skin worgen anymore, but you can tame feral druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    not all owlcats are feral druids wtf

Homophobia is so gay.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    I doubt it, since the wolfraptor is a hybrid beast itself, and is available to all hunter specs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You've been able to tame every other kind of big cat Druids can turn into forever, not to mention bears and birds too.
    Why would this be weird?

If they don't have bloodlust, combat res and/or water walk I won't use them anyway.

Netheray, Crane and Water Strider provide all my possible pet needs.

Deleted
    Sadly yes. And at the risk of lighting the fires I wish I would have a pet transmog. So many pets, and yet I'm stuck with the same ones. I scoff at seeing people with cats or mechanicals because it's going around with a skin and it has no utility.

inb4 mechanical 2.0 and they're garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I doubt it, since the wolfraptor is a hybrid beast itself, and is available to all hunter specs.
    That's only the mount, though, yes? Rylak mounts are available to all players, yet are an exotic pet, for example- as are the Core Hound mounts. The hunter pet version of wolfhawks tied to the Feathermane family is only able to be unlocked upon filling out every trait in the Beast Mastery artifact- this implies to me that they're likely to be exotic, since they're heavily tied to a dedicated focus on your Beast Mastery spec. MM and Surv mains will not get these unless they dedicate a ton of AP into their BM weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Sadly yes. And at the risk of lighting the fires I wish I would have a pet transmog. So many pets, and yet I'm stuck with the same ones. I scoff at seeing people with cats or mechanicals because it's going around with a skin and it has no utility.
    lol

/10char

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    That utility being so critically important outside raids and mythic+, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You've been able to tame every other kind of big cat Druids can turn into forever, not to mention bears and birds too.
    Why would this be weird?
    Moreso that it's the exact model, not just a similar model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    not all owlcats are feral druids wtf
    >.> No shit, but again, it's weird that hunters will be able to tame, what looks like a feral druid. And for some reason we can't skin worgens. Blasphemy.

So only BM Hunter can tame these new family?

Latest PTR patch including this gem;

Class Pets
    Updraft - Your rylak pet beats its powerful wings, slowing the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 sec.

So they changed this from a rylak only pet ability, meaning its now used by feathermanes also. RIP, another useless pet family.

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=260586/7...raits-new-emis