Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    You keep that strawman to yourself mate.

Oh really? Then what defines "being swedish"? My great, great grandad migrated from the UK. Am I not Swedish?
    Swedish ethnicity is what makes you swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    So you're gonna say that somali and swedish is same ethnicities?
    As long as they have a swedish passport/citizenship, they are juristically swedish. Swedish is not an ethnicity either, and using breed as an argument is probably the worst way to get your point across.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the system, left wing liberals, have created this problem, mainly due to not making demands of immigrants/asylum seekers the last 50 years or so. Having citizens that have lived in a country for 10 + years, that can't speak/write the language, and are allowed to just cash welfare checks w/o actually having to do anything is the root of the problem of failed integration.

Deleted
    Well that was a wonderfully uneducated answer, thank you for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    All hail our blue eyes and blond hair /s
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So basically there's no Swedes then?
    No one in the royal family who's supposedly the most Swedish thing we have are 100% Swedish, the kings mother is from Wales and the queen is from Germany.
    Edit: and prior to that the family tree is even more diluted

You can look on the ancestry of pretty much anyone and find that there's mixed nationalities.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2017-02-21 at 08:50 AM.

Sigh... No.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but the article you linked doesn't at all say he tore down anti SD posters. Nor did he jail him, he was detained for a few minutes and then let go, it says so right there in your own link.

One of the articles is the opinion of a cop who hasnt been a cop for 5 years, it's an opinion, just as valid as Springares. The last article from svd says nothing to actually refute Springare, only that it is wrong to declare immigration at large as the problem.

I think you should retract your statememt and apologize, since you can't even get your facts straight.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-02-21 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    As long as they have a swedish passport/citizenship, they are juristically swedish. Swedish is not an ethnicity either, and using breed as an argument is probably the worst way to get your point across.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the system, left wing liberals, have created this problem, mainly due to not making demands of immigrants/asylum seekers the last 50 years or so. Having citizens that have lived in a country for 10 + years, that can't speak/write the language, and are allowed to just cash welfare checks w/o actually having to do anything is the root of the problem of failed integration.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedes

Linking to wikipedia, are we? What would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So yesterday Trump alluded to incidents involving the hundreds of thousands of migrants taken in by Sweden, and today the media has come out with dozens of stories saying that there's nothing to see here.

So is Sweden doing as badly as people are claiming? Is the Swedish government really cracking down on anyone who talks about what is going on? Is everything fine in Sweden and this is all a massive hoax in regards to stories of migrant problems?

Now that Trump has talked about it, I hope we can get to the bottom of what is really going on.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15Y0QH
    How many of his listener do you think knows anything about Sweden, or even bother to check up about it? Few enough to make his mention of Sweden worth speaking about.

Nothing happened in Sweden.

Stop listening to this crazy man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Sigh... No.
    It's interesting how people think that being of the specific ethnicity somehow makes them not that. Would you question if people who are ethnically japanese are japanese as well? Or is it specific to white people?

I'm interested in knowing what creates this mindset. I've seen people on this forum claim that white people become thai by moving to thailand. They're farang, that's what they are. No matter what.

I'm fairly certain that Sweden makes a difference socially between their own and people who are not swedish, just like everyone else. Just like the japanese gaijin. Just like the thai farang.

Even in USA it's done. I'm either asian, asian-american or thai-american, almost never just american. In europe I'm considered asian or thai, they never take the fact that I was born in america into account.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-02-21 at 09:06 AM.

Swedistan is going to shit, no doubt about it. Even our pro-immigration politicians have acknowledged this and make empty promises that the same problems won't arise in Finland (never explaining how exactly this will be achieved).

Trump is usually full of shit, but occasionally he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Sigh... No.
    I move to China. I gain citizenship. I'm American-born, speak English, green eyed and brown haired. Next to me is Huang, a Chinese native and a street vendor. He looks the part, sells pork buns and speaks flawless Mandarin. His family's lived there for the last 500 years.

Are you really saying Huang and me are both Chinese? That you're unable to make the distinction between what is actually a Chinese person and someone who is simply a citizen of the People's Republic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Swedistan is going to shit, no doubt about it. Even our pro-immigration politicians have acknowledged this and make empty promises that the same problems won't arise in Finland (never explaining how exactly this will be achieved).

Trump is usually full of shit, but occasionally he isn't.
    Sky is falling says the kid brother country.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I move to China. I gain citizenship. I'm American-born, speak English, green eyed and brown haired. Next to me is Huang, a Chinese native and a street vendor. He looks the part, sells pork buns and speaks flawless Mandarin. His family's lived there for the last 500 years.

Are you really saying Huang and me are both Chinese? That you're unable to make the distinction between what is actually a Chinese person and someone who is simply a citizen of the People's Republic?
    It's certainly an interesting mindset that creates this type of ideas. Ideas that have very little support among the general populace in any country but strong support among advocates for multiculturalism, as if their ideas can force people to view other people as one of them.

"Hi, im totally swedish guy. Even though i dont know english nor am i living by the rules of the country, im still swedish. Me and 10 of my cousins gona have a nice time with your daughter soon, it's out swedish tradition, ya'know"
    Last edited by Ryusei; 2017-02-21 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    It's certainly an interesting mindset that creates this type of ideas. Ideas that have very little support among the general populace in any country but strong support among advocates for multiculturalism, as if their ideas can force people to view other people as one of them.
    Does this mean I am free to move to Ireland or Austria since my ancestors were from there? I have a feeling the answer would be no, not without doing all the proper paperwork and being approved as I'm an American.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Does this mean I am free to move to Ireland or Austria since my ancestors were from there? I have a feeling the answer would be no, not without doing all the proper paperwork and being approved as I'm an American.

This is entirely unrelated to what I was talking about, as you're talking about laws and I was talking about social inclusion or exclusion based on ethnicity. Thai people remain thai people no matter where they are born. I don't suddenly become not thai just because I was born in USA instead of Thailand. Some greek dude born in thailand doesn't suddenly become not greek just because he was born there, nor does being born there make him thai. Same with koreans born in japan, they do not become not korean just because they were born in another place than korea.

Legally, I'm american in USA. Yet people call me asian, thai-american, thai or asian-american, never just simply... American, in a social context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post

"Hi, im totally swedish guy. Even though i dont know english nor am i living by the rules of the country, im still swedish. Me and 10 of my cousins gona have a nice time with your daughter soon, it's out swedish tradition, ya'know"
    That's an arab by the looks of him.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-02-21 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, foreigner doesn't cut it. Utlänning = Foreigner, it's not considered a bad word to call someone unless you use it in the context of an insult. Blatte is more akin to calling a black man "coon" or such.

He has things to say that ring true, but he's still devoted to hyperbole for views. The problems with our police force, healthcare and especially the mental care institutions has been a problem for MANY years... in SOME COUNTIES. Taking those problems in those counties and applying them to the entirety of Sweden as a fact is forceful, but doesn't hold much value in terms of spreading actual facts. When my sister had a very bad spell, she was sent to a different county to get immediate help as all spots were taken for that particular treatment at that time. She could've been told to wait for 5 days and get the care in her home city, but they made the decision to get her treatment asap. She's entirely cured today thanks to our healthcare system and is a productive member of society once more. I shudder to think what'd happened had she been born in the US.

We don't have war zones, we don't have a lawless nation, plenty of counties have a healthcare that isn't out of wack. For example, my own county has a 2-month wait to se a psychologist, but if you need emergency help you will be allowed in instantly. The problems we're seeing in some counties are issues that arose years and years ago, they didn't magically appear with the refugee crisis and they won't be magically solved despite the halt to immigration in our nation.

Our politicians have been horribly inept and naive. Doesn't mean the PEOPLE of Sweden is naive or has accepted "the PC culture" as a "religion"... we still remain mostly atheist, and public opinion is clear evidence that no, we're NOT accepting the issues our politicians have created.

Sadly for your Youtuber there, the circles saying that we've adopted a "PC culture" in Sweden the most, are of the far right persuation. They wouldn't want his Youtuber ass in the country either.
    I can relate. The British NHS has been struggling recently and for certain things, our public healthcare has had to pay for me to be treated with private hospital equipment, because public hospitals couldn't afford the fancy shit.

But, all of Sweden's problems with housing, social services and healthcare are not going to be made any better by suddenly taking in the equivalent of 1.4% of your population. Many of whom do not speak the language, will take several months or years to start contributing to tax revenue (if ever, since many will be to old to work) and are likely to increase the population size more rapidly than the people who are already there because of higher birthrates.

Then, there's all the crime statistics (and authorities attempting to cover them up and speak in half-truths).

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So yesterday Trump alluded to incidents involving the hundreds of thousands of migrants taken in by Sweden, and today the media has come out with dozens of stories saying that there's nothing to see here.

So is Sweden doing as badly as people are claiming? Is the Swedish government really cracking down on anyone who talks about what is going on? Is everything fine in Sweden and this is all a massive hoax in regards to stories of migrant problems?

Now that Trump has talked about it, I hope we can get to the bottom of what is really going on.

frankly its old news but ignorant idiots have their head in the sand. Theres only 50 no-go zones because the muslims are such a threat cops cant enter. Woman are being raped at a catastrophic rate.