Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Tbh I didn't use about half of them in Vanilla.
    No one used half of them in vanilla. It took flasks a few heal/mana and ele resists pots to clear 3/4 of naxx(and everything before it obv) when it was current content. That bs list of mandatory bs things is, well, bs.

30 minute flasks that were lost on death lasted pretty much as long as a full-elite lvl19 fire elemental and summoners entourage in front of deadmines entrance (not very long).

People go to funny length to exaggerate their point, even if it's technically correct

Do people not have herb/alchemists anymore?

I mean 99% of people can probably get by using prolonged power and those are cheap as hell to make. Do 1 heroic dungeon and you probably get 30-50 pots worth from bloods.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-02-20 at 08:26 PM.

There are days where I'd trade having the raid buff each other instead of having to pay so much for pots and runes - or farming for them. WoD spoilt us too much with easy collection of mats for these things, which led to our guild providing most of these items. Now it's every man (or woman) for themself~

Think class/spec buffs are just easier because they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Anyone else getting annoyed by the number of consumables required in raiding and mythic plus? Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food, now it's flasks food potions runes and vantus, costing gold is not the only issue, but whenever the boss doesnt die, you might get blamed for not eating this and that. Please Blizzard make it simple and allow a maximum of 2 buffs and be done with it.
    Define "back then"?

"Back then" sounds like flask + 2 elixirs + rune + food + stat scrolls + mana/health potions +tubers + buff reagents + farming soul shards 1 hour before raid (warlock) / pet food and arrows (hunter) / ankhs (shaman) + getting reps to exalted for certain enchants + farming weapon skills when you got a different weapon + farming weeks for different resistance gear to me. In comparison to that it's way easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    P.S. Shoutout to all the rogues out there who were DKP rolling Huhuran's bow against hunters
    IF your raidleader(s) allowed rogues to DKP roll on that before all hunters had it you had some retarded raidleaders, sorry to say.
    Same with letting hunters roll on Ash'Kandi etc.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-02-21 at 10:27 AM.

I don't mind it so much (apart from needing a JC item for fucking food), but the combination of farming for Artifact Power and herbing... The game is becoming way too grindy for my liking. WoD was pretty much ideal. I could log in once a day, do a few minutes of herbing and gold collecting, and then log for my three raids a week.

Now, it's like a fucking job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't mind it so much (apart from needing a JC item for fucking food), but the combination of farming for Artifact Power and herbing... The game is becoming way too grindy for my liking. WoD was pretty much ideal. I could log in once a day, do a few minutes of herbing and gold collecting, and then log for my three raids a week.

Now, it's like a fucking job.
    Good times for raiders, bad times for the others... I feel you though

Anyone else getting annoyed by the number of consumables required in raiding and mythic plus? Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food, now it's flasks food potions runes and vantus, costing gold is not the only issue, but whenever the boss doesnt die, you might get blamed for not eating this and that. Please Blizzard make it simple and allow a maximum of 2 buffs and be done with it.

Hi. I raid in a top 100 and even we don't use runes all the time. When we're close to the kill, sure. But on a medium pop server;

-Flasks cost approx 450-650g
    -Food can be covered easily since you can fish/herb the mats for hours of raid food in minutes.
    -Vantus runes are a once/week expense, often partially covered by a guild. Get a guildie to make them AT COST, since they're about 1/3 - 1/2 of the AH price.
    -Doing LFR gives enough runes for farm content and/or new boss kill progression. If it does't, then just spend a little bit of gold. Emissary's and Order Hall missions give thousands a week easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Noggenfogger Elixir *40
    The staple diet of any raider! hahahahahah I still use them! Dedication i tell you!
    Last edited by Lithix; 2017-02-21 at 11:12 AM.

Who hasnt leveled there herb/alch by now is the real question to be asked. It takes a whole 2-3 hrs a week to have a bag full of flasks and pots.

This sounds like a guild problem, not a system problem. It's relatively cheap to get the basics (food and flask) and the rest is up to your guild culture. Some guilds require more, but if the guild requires it, I would assume most of the players knew that going in and would use them anyway.

At least you don't have to farm resistance gear like in Vanilla/TBC. It could be a LOT worse and it's all optional. If you're raiding heroic and your guild is requiring potions on every pull, you're in for a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulz OPs back then was probably in MoP.

I much prefer the current system to the old days of chain-chugging pots throughout the fight. Also, it sounds like you're in the wrong guild.

I was gonna make a list off the top of my head of how many crappy consumables arent in the game anymore, but I'm pretty use OP is trolling.

I'm in what I'd call a semi-serious raiding guild. By that, I mean we expect people to show up prepared and to learn from their mistakes, but we only raid twice a week and we try to have fun with it. We clear H and dabble in M; things are going well enough atm that we may even clear M this patch (8/10H and hoping for 10/10 by weeks end). We expect everyone to show up for progression with food, flasks, potions, and runes. The guild provides vantus runes for whichever boss we choose to focus that week. We expect food and flasks to be used for every pull. When the RL decides we are close to a kill, he will announce that runes and pre-pots are now expected. I imagine that our expectations are middle of the bell curve here.

There are so many ways to approach any of this. All that matters is finding a guild whose expectations you are comfortable with and then meeting them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I never waste these in pugs. Especially when others don't use enchants, gems, etc. Not unless it's a good pug but you won't know that for the first few fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    I personally think the majority of people are using consumables incorrectly which is why there are even complaints about it costing too much. It could be the case that most consumables expire on death because they're not designed to be used in situations where death is likely, but rather for 'farm' or easy content, to speed things up a bit. The problem is most people use them instead to try to circumvent a lack of skill.
    wat? Your Potion of Prolonged Power isn't going to hide the fact that you're a scrub.

Clearly you didnt play in vanilla ))

Deleted
    Miscellaneous:

Iron Grenade *20

Field Repair Bot 74A

Soul Shard *28

Noggenfogger Elixir *40

Brilliant Wizard Oil *1 (5 charges)
    LuL what? Noggenfogger Elixir? Am i missing something? xD

"Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food"
    Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food

lol a quick way to prove you never played "back then"

here is a list of consumeables you needed in vanilla to raid as a warlock

Buffs:

Scroll of Stamina IV *20 (depends on supply and AH price)

Scroll of Intellect IV *20 (depends on supply and AH price)

Rumsey Rum Black Label *20

Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops *20

Elixir of Shadow Power *20

Elixir of Greater Intellect *20

Flask of Supreme Power *3

Situational/Cooldown Potions:

Heavy Runecloth Bandage *100

Demonic Rune *20

Major Healing Potion *10

Major Mana Potion *20

Greater Fire Protection Potion (Amount depending on type of encounter, if needed for progression, at least 20)

Greater Nature Protection Potion (Amount depending on type of encounter, if needed for progression, at least 20, usually 30)

Magic Resistance Potion Not needed since twins anymore, for twins: take 10

Miscellaneous:

Iron Grenade *20

Field Repair Bot 74A

Soul Shard *28

Noggenfogger Elixir *40

btw "back in the day" flasks lasted 30 minutes, and were lost on death...

also vantus runes are very cheap, and most guilds dont ask you to use runes, only the hardcore do

btw there was NEVER EVER a time where there wasent potions, so even that is a 100% shit face lie...
    "there was just flasks and food, now there is flasks, food, POTS, runes, and vantus" there has allways been pots
    You forgot about the Smoke Grenades that where used before Raid Markers!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

"Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food"

lol a quick way to prove you never played "back then"

here is a list of consumeables you needed in vanilla to raid as a warlock

Buffs:

Scroll of Stamina IV *20 (depends on supply and AH price)

Scroll of Intellect IV *20 (depends on supply and AH price)

Rumsey Rum Black Label *20

Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops *20

Elixir of Shadow Power *20

Elixir of Greater Intellect *20

Flask of Supreme Power *3

Situational/Cooldown Potions:

Heavy Runecloth Bandage *100

Demonic Rune *20

Major Healing Potion *10

Major Mana Potion *20

Greater Fire Protection Potion (Amount depending on type of encounter, if needed for progression, at least 20)

Greater Nature Protection Potion (Amount depending on type of encounter, if needed for progression, at least 20, usually 30)

Magic Resistance Potion Not needed since twins anymore, for twins: take 10

Miscellaneous:

Iron Grenade *20

Field Repair Bot 74A

Soul Shard *28

Noggenfogger Elixir *40

btw "back in the day" flasks lasted 30 minutes, and were lost on death...

also vantus runes are very cheap, and most guilds dont ask you to use runes, only the hardcore do

btw there was NEVER EVER a time where there wasent potions, so even that is a 100% shit face lie...
    "there was just flasks and food, now there is flasks, food, POTS, runes, and vantus" there has allways been pots
    That list brings back so many memories, hah, tysm for that Good times.