Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because it melted their servers.
    At first, yeah, but now that really isn't an excuse. I think it's because it directed people to private property to track. That's why they made it pokestop oriented now, less likely to be somewhere you shouldn't go.

It seems we might get 2nd gen ahead of a schedule...

http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/25/po...new-creatures/

Still shitty distance between me and the closest pokestop\gym, so it's a shame, since 2nd gen is my fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    It seems we might get 2nd gen ahead of a schedule...

http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/25/po...new-creatures/
    Still no way to play on rooted device until i want to wipe it. And no, i don't use cheats but i use my phone for other stuff. No amount of pokemon added can change this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Pokemon Go Plus arrived. 2 days later; Out of battery.

Deleted
    they added new pokemon it seems. 'baby pokemon' that you can only get from eggs. gen 2 should come soon as well though I don't think i'll play again until gen 3 because torchic is best

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So I started playing again after quitting very shortly after they took away the original form of tracking. I seem to be finding a slightly greater variation of pokémon than I used to, which is cool, but it seems like they're all harder to catch and break out of balls of any type much more often, even at low CPs. Is this a thing or am I just imagining it?
    It's definitely more difficult to catch pokemon and they deflect balls more often. Right now, until the 8th, starters (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander) and their evolutions are appearing with much more frequency. I've gained about 120 candies for each, it's been insane. Best to take advantage of it now.

Deleted
    Don't know if anyone on this forum still plays, but they recently added 80 new pokemon from the 2nd generation as well as a bit more customization for your character. Not sure if anything else has been added, haven't really bothered to look into it too much

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Don't know if anyone on this forum still plays, but they recently added 80 new pokemon from the 2nd generation as well as a bit more customization for your character. Not sure if anything else has been added, haven't really bothered to look into it too much
    I usually leave it running on my phone in the office which is basically right on top of a Pokestop. I've caught a couple of the new ones, but haven't gone out of my way to really seek them out beyond that.

Combat has been entirely rebalanced, and some movesets have become legacy. The most frustrating part is that the best movesets are no longer the best, so those who invested a lot into "perfect" pokemon are now sitting on a lot of wasted resources. TMs couldn't come soon enough.

Phone is still rooted, and i don't want to reset it just to be able to play the game. Also since now all pokemons are spawning near pokestops and there's next to zero of them near me, i see even less reasons to play again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Phone is still rooted, and i don't want to reset it just to be able to play the game. Also since now all pokemons are spawning near pokestops and there's next to zero of them near me, i see even less reasons to play again.
    it doesn't seem they all spawn near pokestops. I played it on my way to work today and found plenty even though there are no stops on the route (only a gym). The tracker just works based on stops but it's not like they only spawn there

- - - Updated - - -

you also seem to get a ton more exp now. at least the 'daily catch' thing adds up pretty nice

and holy fuck there's a mass transfer option now

it doesn't seem they all spawn near pokestops. I played it on my way to work today and found plenty even though there are no stops on the route (only a gym). The tracker just works based on stops but it's not like they only spawn there

- - - Updated - - -

you also seem to get a ton more exp now. at least the 'daily catch' thing adds up pretty nice

and holy fuck there's a mass transfer option now
    Still not staring on rooted phone. No way to play it for me.

They added also new ways how pokemon you try to catch can dodge your ball (and a berry to counter that). Also not 100% sure but it seems the starters got nerfed a bit as well. While I'm fairly sure the evaluation my Charmander was "simply amazes me" pre-patch, now it's just "strong pokemon". Whether it's just a bug or not dunno, but it sucks if it is not.

On a side not, bloody Snorlax still eludes me while everyone and his granny seems to have one.

Deleted
    I'm late to the game. But will soon start spring exercise, and then I thought pokemon go would be a great idea =)
    Things seems to have calmed down a bit though, the city was like crazy last summer when everyone tried to catch them all! (and a lot of lazy people on the bus:P)

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is not flavor of the month anymore but local groups still exist and are thriving. I suggest if anyone needs somewhere to plug into look around Facebook locally. That said the game is thriving and still pulls in millions each day via micro transactions. Someone has to be buying all those lures and incubators. The new stuff is nice and the valentines event would have been nice had I not been sick the whole time. Missed getting some rares that I now 'need' for gen 2 evos. Mostly semi casual player myself catch 2-5 a day and about once a week hunt for 30mins to an hour with the wife and fill our bags up when we're low. Kids still dig watching/helping too.

They also added a berry that increases the amount of candy you get for catching the pokemon you use it on.

I am stockpiling those and going starter hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They also added a berry that increases the amount of candy you get for catching the pokemon you use it on.

I am stockpiling those and going starter hunting.
    2nd and 3rd stage evo catches now give more candy as well. 2=5 and 3= 7 to 10?, not sure as I haven't got one myself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    2nd and 3rd stage evo catches now give more candy as well. 2=5 and 3= 7 to 10?, not sure as I haven't got one myself yet.
    A VERY comprehensive list of changes is available here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa...ralized_facts/

Candies

You can now get 5 candies and 300 stardust when catching a stage 1 evolution. 10 candies for a stage 2 evolution. Babies don't count as stages, so catching a Jynx qill give 3 candies only.

Hitmon candies have been unified into Tyorgue candies.
    And this is very interesting...
    Umbreon / Espeon

Naming a Eevee Sakura will give an Espeon on evolution. Tamao will give Umbreon. This time we know better than at the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro time, so use your 1-use name wisely on a high IV pokemon.

Nobody has managed to get an Umbreon/Espeon through the normal evolution process yet (no nickname). Might have some hidden condition (or a bug).

edit: Research is going on, and it seems almost certain now that you need to buddy an Eevee for 10km and then he'll evolve either into Umbreon (night) or Espeon (day) depending on your local daytime. You need to still have the Eevee as a buddy when evolving.

Deleted
    so niantic is still super vague and leaves it to the players to discover the changes they made