Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would agree if posting an action was somehow a rush thing where you need to put an item and the price in within seconds and click ok or it wouldn't work. As it is now, you have all the time in the world to review what you are posting and what price you put in, before you click ok. What would an extra 30 seconds do? If you didn't check what you put in at posting, why would you check after posting?

I'm sorry you lost your auction to a sniper (which, as everyone else has said, is not a bot), but that's life. You could try to contact them and kindly ask the item back or offer to split the difference. Most snipers don't pray on people who make an honest mistake, but on people who simply don't know or don't care about the real value of an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I've made a lot of gold from manually doing this back with the cross-fraction AHs.
    I had a toon parked over there for awhile. Ass load of "free" mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    All you have to do is pay a little attention. Why is there a need to solve to solve the attention span of people that people should just learn to grow.

This should have been learned when you were a toddler. If you cant handle this in a video game good luck coping in real life.

And as said, the buying of items is not automated the user still needs to click the button. And if that proofs to be falls the buy button needs to be protected from automation/scripting.

And as I mentioned jokingly, how about buying an overpriced item by not paying attention. You want to block that as well? Why not try learning from mistakes instead of keep making them. Shouldn't be hard for any human, noob/casual or hardcore veteran.
    Just like every human, there are times where our attention falls off. There are times when humans make mistakes, even ones in hardcore guilds. YOU are not different from us. YOU make mistakes. If a mistake like missing one 0 and it getting fucking bought in less than a milli second could cost a shit ton of gold and some heart aches, then I believe there should be a 10-30 second grace period. It doesn't affect you at all. Literally. Not unless you except your items to sell in 30 seconds. Only reason I can really figure out why you're against is that you have made money from people's fuck ups by sniping.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"

Get rich or die trying.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

I dont snipe myself as its not worth my time on my low pop realm, but DONT BLAME OTHERS/ADDONS IF ITS YOUR FAULT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    Just like every human, there are times where our attention falls off. There are times when humans make mistakes, even ones in hardcore guilds. YOU are not different from us. YOU make mistakes. If a mistake like missing one 0 and it getting fucking bought in less than a milli second could cost a shit ton of gold and some heart aches, then I believe there should be a 10-30 second grace period. It doesn't affect you at all. Literally. Not unless you except your items to sell in 30 seconds. Only reason I can really figure out why you're against is that you have made money from people's fuck ups by sniping.
    if you fail you pay the price. I've lost a few millions over the year because of sniping but it doesnt bother me, it was my fault, shit happens

Yes it happened to me at least once selling and buying something overpriced cause I failed to notice the price per item correctly.

My fault. Not blizzard, not the "sniper" only mine.

Difference is, I learned from this.

Why are you so against learning from YOUR mistake and take responsibility for your own mistakes and keep want unneeded failsaves.. It will only make you more likely to make bigger mistakes because you expect te be held by the hands..

Also if you can't notice it before posting who sais you will during the 30 sec grace period....

And why do you ignore the repliws about people saying sniping still needs the user to click the buy button? Is that or is that not true in your opinion?

If it's true people buying your auction in a second are mostly lucky they just finished a scan..
    Last edited by Amorac; 2017-02-21 at 03:10 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Back in ICC there was a raid warning addon which changed the game's environment to provide illustrations for boss encounters. The addon was said to have been manipulating the game environment and banned. I've known about AH sniping for a while, but the reality hadn't set in until recently when I had seen it in play. The point of this post is simple: AH sniping should not be allowed.

Sniping means someone will leave their game open and have computer software search through the AH for items listed below a certain threshold. If any items match the search criteria, they are bought.

The Problem: The software is buying the items for the player, making it impossible for any human who had posted the item to react in time. Just with the addon in ICC, the software should not be playing the game for the player, but instead helping them to play the game. This software is performing actions on the player's behalf.

My suggestion: just the same as how Gmail gives 30 seconds before an email is really sent, auction house posting should be given 30 seconds before the item is really "live." You should be able to see it in your auctions tab and click cancel if you notice something is off. This will allow players the opportunity to review their choices and if they REALLY believe what they are doing, then the AH goes live. If not, or they don't care enough to check, then they must live with their decision. Just like how we have checks before trading items to other players now, there should be a check here as well.

This is a good suggestion as its impact on the game is minimal to none. It only benefits those who have realized they made a mistake within an acceptable timeframe.

Sniping is dirty. It mainly targets new players to take advantage of their inexperience and destroys veterans who have simply made a humane mistake. There is no secret or skill to what is being done, it is simply crushing other players who make common mistakes. While I personally don't agree that any part of it can be justified as playing the game and it's probably one of the few ways you could really attribute "no life" to a WoW player, giving someone 30 seconds of review before an item is posted could alleviate a lot of this problem.

e: Well you all have proven something is definitely broken here. I ask for 30 seconds of revival before an item goes live, nothing else changes, and you won't even consider it. Try to remember we're all people here before you decide to be so ruthless. Mercy will be shown to you, but you can't show it yourself.
    I really wanted to sympathise with your "loss" but everyone here is right. Learn from your mistakes, move on. If you can't take a simple lesson and let go, then...

PWND NUB!

hey dont price your shit wrong

I just can't deal with you guys anymore. People will still make mistakes. It's the same thing like spilling milk on the table. If a person had 30 seconds to change that mistake, they would. You can't just learn how to not spill milk on the table by mistake. It just happens out of your control because you're human. Humans make mistakes. Obviously, it isn't that hard not to put the right price for you auctions, but that doesn't mean it won't happen now or in the future. I honestely haven't been a victim to sniping, but I've heard of people who've had extremely rare mounts sell for a very low price in less than a second, and it almost made them want to quit.

Again, let me make this clear. THE 30 SECOND GRACE PERIOD. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. AFFECT. YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

It is for those who need it. If you don't need it, then of fucking well. Your life will still go on, and this change will save people thousands to millions of gold mostly. If you can give me a con to this change, please tell me. Otherwise, gtfo this thread.

This game is constantly evolving around addons each patch, and I think this is a well-needed feature that should've been added.
    Last edited by keedorin; 2017-02-21 at 11:36 PM.
    then

I just can't deal with you guys anymore. People will still make mistakes. It's the same thing like spilling milk on the table. If a person had 30 seconds to change that mistake, they would. You can't just learn how to not spill milk on the table by mistake. It just happens out of your control because you're human. Humans make mistakes. Obviously, it isn't that hard not to put the right price for you auctions, but that doesn't mean it won't happen now or in the future. I honestely haven't been a victim to sniping, but I've heard of people who've had extremely rare mounts sell for a very low price in less than a second, and it almost made them want to quit.

Again, let me make this clear. THE 30 SECOND GRACE PERIOD. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. AFFECT. YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

It is for those who need it. If you don't need it, then of fucking well. Your life will still go on, and this change will save people thousands to millions of gold mostly. If you can give me a con to this change, please tell me. Otherwise, gtfo this thread.

This game is constantly evolving around addons each patch, and I think this is a well-needed feature that should've been added.
    If you can't be responsible enough to verify your auction pricing prior to posting, you likely don't deserve the pittance you receive from me when I snipe said auction. Asking Blizzard to devote any amount of time to safeguard you from yourself is ridiculous. If you make a mistake when listing an item on eBay and it sells before you catch it, you've sold your item. It's the same way in-game. You hit the post button, your auction is available for purchase.

The butthurt in this thread is almost as enjoyable as earning enough gold daily to buy another wow token. Welcome to capitalism.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If they sniped you manually, then it's legit. If it's a bot, then they'll get banned. Unfortunately, you usually won't get it back in that case. Nor will you be informed about them being banned.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by jungleluv View Post
    If you can't be responsible enough to verify your auction pricing prior to posting, you likely don't deserve the pittance you receive from me when I snipe said auction. Asking Blizzard to devote any amount of time to safeguard you from yourself is ridiculous. If you make a mistake when listing an item on eBay and it sells before you catch it, you've sold your item. It's the same way in-game. You hit the post button, your auction is available for purchase.

The butthurt in this thread is almost as enjoyable as earning enough gold daily to buy another wow token. Welcome to capitalism.
    Thanks for telling me that you have never made a single mistake in your life. Your life must be perfect. Can you give me some advice maybe to be like jungleluv?

Again, can you come up with a reason this suggested feature affects you? Unless you are a douchebag who has no heart for those who get sniped, then I just can't see why this change would affect you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If they sniped you manually, then it's legit. If it's a bot, then they'll get banned. Unfortunately, you usually won't get it back in that case. Nor will you be informed about them being banned.
    The thing is, there is an addon to help them snipe items. If someone can have a epic mount sell for 100g in under second without having enough time to cancel the auction, then there is a problem.
    Last edited by keedorin; 2017-02-22 at 12:35 AM.
    then

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The thing is, there is an addon to help them snipe items. If someone can have a epic mount sell for 100g in under second without having enough time to cancel the auction, then there is a problem.
    That's still considered botting, which is bannable. They lose the item and get suspended. Worse if they are repeat offenders. That's it. It's flawed, but it's the best we have at the moment. Unfortunately, there's no determination for returning an item as a standard, that depends on the GM that reads your report.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    i wish the game would just support buy orders the same way steam does

Thanks for telling me that you have never made a single mistake in your life. Your life must be perfect. Can you give me some advice maybe to be like jungleluv?

Again, can you come up with a reason this suggested feature affects you? Unless you are a douchebag who has no heart for those who get sniped, then I just can't see why this change would affect you.

- - - Updated - - -
    You're reading me wrong, friend. I'm imperfect, and I make mistakes both buying and selling. I OWN those mistakes instead of blaming momentary ineptitude on the system. Take responsibility. As for not having a heart, I've only been pm'd once after purchasing an auction. Oddly, the auction was about to expire. The seller stated they were just posting the item to be flashy and didn't think it would sell. I sold it back at the original price. Had the original seller come at me complaining about the system or my behavior, I would have learned the item in front of them. Maybe I am the d-bag you're looking for.

Your suggested feature change would cost man-hours of programming which could be spent on something that would improve the game, like maybe fixing the mobile auction house. That is how your safety net idea would negatively impact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    That's still considered botting, which is bannable. They lose the item and get suspended. Worse if they are repeat offenders. That's it. It's flawed, but it's the best we have at the moment. Unfortunately, there's no determination for returning an item as a standard, that depends on the GM that reads your report.
    The add-on being discussed is likely TSM, which is not a bot. TSM can be configured to scan the last page of the auction house, and alert you when an auction is posted matching the criteria you've set. If an alert comes through, you quickly decide whether or not to buy, select the item, select "buyout", then confirm the purchase. Macros can be made and bound to make the process more efficient, and that is a huge help for one who is sniping. One could buy an auction in less than one second from the posted time if they were actively sniping. While being good at sniping is not botting, it is apparently pretty unpopular with those who take no responsibility for their own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jungleluv View Post
    You're reading me wrong, friend. I'm imperfect, and I make mistakes both buying and selling. I OWN those mistakes instead of blaming momentary ineptitude on the system. Take responsibility. As for not having a heart, I've only been pm'd once after purchasing an auction. Oddly, the auction was about to expire. The seller stated they were just posting the item to be flashy and didn't think it would sell. I sold it back at the original price. Had the original seller come at me complaining about the system or my behavior, I would have learned the item in front of them. Maybe I am the d-bag you're looking for.

Your suggested feature change would cost man-hours of programming which could be spent on something that would improve the game, like maybe fixing the mobile auction house. That is how your safety net idea would negatively impact me.
    You're not thinking logically. What I'm saying is that Blizzard should put in a 30-second grace period to prevent these mistakes. Again, Blizzard is already focusing the game around addons such as making fights harder, implementing features that resemble popular addons, and even changing their games so that most addons don't work. Without this addon, sniping will not be as popular as it is. Unfortunately, there is no addon to prevent you from getting sniped. It is completely dependent on the brain, and we all know that everyone is not so bright and their brain falls down a little bit. We are not blaming the system but we are asking for a back up to make sure we aren't throwing gold away. It's kind of like insurance. You don't know when it's going to happen, but it's a life saver when it does happen.
    then

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Or you could pay more attention to what you post and at which price you post it.
    This. When I post something worth a lot of gold I double check the price. Like if it's 90k. I'll do 90, then count the 3 zeros 123. Then double check it. Never made a mistake, never sold something less than what it should be.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Many years ago, I got sniped for a 100k item for like 1g (or something like that) and when I realized what I did, I told the person who sniped me "enjoy it, I totally F'd up"

Gotta be careful with what you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Many years ago, I got sniped for a 100k item for like 1g (or something like that) and when I realized what I did, I told the person who sniped me "enjoy it, I totally F'd up"

Gotta be careful with what you post.
    But what if there was a 30-second grace period at the time that you F'd up. You would be aound 90k-100k gold(cuz of the tax?) richer. Are you seriously ok with losing 100k due to some addon that is programmed to help you snipe an item going for an insanely low price? I don't know what to tell you, but I definitely wouldn't be. If I had an option to get a 30-second grace period, I would take it.
    then

You're not thinking logically. What I'm saying is that Blizzard should put in a 30-second grace period to prevent these mistakes.
    Maybe we should install a device/app/whatever in everybody's house that makes you sure you check your house and that every windows/stove/door/lock/tap/whatever is closed when you leave.

Afterall, everybody can make the mistake of not checking and can get robbed, have the house burn down or water leak all over the place..

Offcourse we will still blame the burglar, the housebuilder, plumber instead just saying... darn I fucked up once or twice.. Perhaps I should reflect on this and learn something... Or just make people dumber and less responsible I suppose.. for a better saver world, make sure nobody can ever ever make a mistake ever again.

Make a mistake once, learn from it.
    Same mistake twice, get better at learning it.
    Most people should have learned by now, same mistake three times, better get help and/or train yourself or so..

There are no safe nets like these in real life. If you can't handle currency in a game world how on earth are you going to handle it in real life. You are so against learning you want to prevent learning from the get go.

That said, your solution won't even solve this. People will still just post and not check after posting and continue to screw up... Perhaps they learn to check it after they have had it happen to them, but then why not learn to check before posting, not after.

Also, you havent answered if you believe it's true that "snipers" need to press the buy button themselves or not. Because if it's true, the whole snipe argument is a myth. If it's not, the better option is to have blizzard make that button not script able.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2017-02-22 at 06:15 AM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~