Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    according to the Warcraft guide, demonhunter Illidan is one of the most powerful Sorcerors ever - exact words used in the text

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    according to the Warcraft guide, demonhunter Illidan is one of the most powerful Sorcerors ever - exact words used in the text
    that makes sense. i would also go ahead and place medivh above aegwynn, though i dislike that idea a lot. aegwynn for years has always been this immeasurable badass and i hate that she's weaker than him.

that kinda really makes the players higher than i thought though. if the demon hunter is considered to be almost as powerful as illidan, than we're definitely stronger than khadgar and jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    The Chronicle Volume II clearly describes Medivh wiping floor with Arcanogos. The blue dragon was no match for the Guardian.

Guardian wields multiplicated power of dozen strongest mortal mages. No being on Azeroth can match this power. There is a reason we don't have the Guardian in WoW - he would be too absurdly overpowered to participate in events.

Lorewise, the Guardian could solo all Nighthold bosses, maybe except Gul'dan, cause he had support from Sargeras.
    umm no. The chronicle 2 clearly states that at that point it was Sargeras. The book even uses the name Sargeras when refering to Medivh. The guardians are top tier powerful but not as powerful as you think. Neilas with some prep could fight Aegwynn to a stalemate. I don't doubt that Khadgar can do something like that too.

- - - Updated - - -

that makes sense. i would also go ahead and place medivh above aegwynn, though i dislike that idea a lot. aegwynn for years has always been this immeasurable badass and i hate that she's weaker than him.

that kinda really makes the players higher than i thought though. if the demon hunter is considered to be almost as powerful as illidan, than we're definitely stronger than khadgar and jaina.
    Khadgar is pretty damn powerful.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-02-19 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Powerful can be either in pure power, or purely strategical. Generally strategists win of those relying purely on power.

Just like Sargeras and the Burning legion in general have the most accumulated power in the universe... yet they still can't launch a proper siege on Azeroth. Azshara on the other hand... I think she's probably one of the strongest, but I think her knowledge and cunning personality is going to make or break her more than her pure power levels would. I think that's why Sargeras was into her in the first place, he noticed that behind her pretty facade, she was probably equally as cunning and evil as himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The Chronicle Volume II clearly describes Medivh wiping floor with Arcanogos. The blue dragon was no match for the Guardian.

Guardian wields multiplicated power of dozen strongest mortal mages. No being on Azeroth can match this power. There is a reason we don't have the Guardian in WoW - he would be too absurdly overpowered to participate in events.

Lorewise, the Guardian could solo all Nighthold bosses, maybe except Gul'dan, cause he had support from Sargeras.
    He would probably ask for nerfs on Augur.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    No, The Player Character is the strongest mage...

Lore wise though, it's a range: Azshara, Khadgar, Medivh/aegwynn.

But, no, seriously: we're the most powerful. Trust me, once we defeat sargeras, and get that sick title of Either "Slayer Of The Fallen Titan", Or "Lord Of The Burning Legion", we'll be OP...
    Until the tank loses aggro and he one shots you

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Powerful can be either in pure power, or purely strategical. Generally strategists win of those relying purely on power.

Just like Sargeras and the Burning legion in general have the most accumulated power in the universe... yet they still can't launch a proper siege on Azeroth. Azshara on the other hand... I think she's probably one of the strongest, but I think her knowledge and cunning personality is going to make or break her more than her pure power levels would. I think that's why Sargeras was into her in the first place, he noticed that behind her pretty facade, she was probably equally as cunning and evil as himself.

- - - Updated - - -

He would probably ask for nerfs on Augur.
    What in the world makes you think Sargeras was into her? She was nothing but a tool being used so she could open a gateway for him. If anything Xavius was probably way more favored then she was. Sargeras (or probably archimond) actually brought him back to life and remade him into something greater. She had so little to do with the legion invasion, only being a figure head. The true mastermind was xavious and the highborne, all she did was pout while waiting for whom she assumed would be her husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Until the tank loses aggro and he one shots you
    *Ice blocks*

*Comes back*

*Bursts*

Go on?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    *Ice blocks*

*Comes back*

*Bursts*

Go on?
    tank would still be dead or if we go realisticly Rhonin was an op lovechild of knacck and archimonde almost killed him with a wave of his hand. Sargeras would point at you and make your soul explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    tank would still be dead or if we go realisticly Rhonin was an op lovechild of knacck and archimonde almost killed him with a wave of his hand. Sargeras would point at you and make your soul explode.
    Sargeras wouldn't even need to point. He would be over 5000000000000000000 KM, and kill you without anything....

Alodi is probably not the most powerful mage. Guardian power was never his, and he never took it for himself like Aegwyn. If i had to guess I'd say either Medivh counting Sargeras or Aszara, who was pretty damn strong 10k years in the past without any entity empowering him. Now she is boosted by Nzoth

Chronicles 2 specifically said it was Sargeras, and that "Medivh"(Who was basically sargeras) powered by fel magic not Arcane which mages use and blues are a master of.

also chronicles 2 says arcanagos was just a dragon, not a wyrm.
    Last edited by xso111; 2017-02-21 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xso111 View Post
    Chronicles 2 specifically said it was Sargeras, and that "Medivh"(Who was basically sargeras) was using FEL not Arcane which mages use and blues are a master of.
    Sargeras was controlling Medivh's mind, but the powers were entirely Medivh's.

Also, claiming that they were Sargeras' powers is actually nerfing Medivh in that encounter, not buffing him, as Avatar of Sargeras proved to be weaker than the Guardian.
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Also, claiming that they were Sargeras' powers is actually nerfing Medivh in that encounter, not buffing him, as Avatar of Sargeras proved to be weaker than the Guardian.
    There's a difference in the mastery of magic between a titan and a guardian. The power is just like a sword. The power of guardian may be a really big sword but the person who wields it matters. It was Sargeras here who were limited by Medivh's power.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-02-21 at 03:07 PM.

its clearly stated that there's fel energy inside of Medivh.

the chronicles just proved my point about aspects wrecking guardians in terms of arcane. it's clearly said that Aegwynn's mastery & experience of magic triumphs over a guardian's raw power. the spellweaver created the magic spells and incantations that mortals use. you won't get anyone with more mastery of arcane other than the aspect of blue(except Norgannon)

Quote Originally Posted by xso111 View Post
    its clearly stated that there's fel energy inside of Medivh.

the chronicles just proved my point about aspects wrecking guardians in terms of arcane. it's clearly said that Aegwynn's mastery & experience of magic triumphs over a guardian's raw power. the spellweaver created the magic spells and incantations that mortals use. you won't get anyone with more mastery of arcane other than the aspect of blue(except Norgannon)
    Nobody talked about aspects vs guardians. We were talking about blue dragons vs guardians. It is obvious that Aspect of Magic is more powerful than any single mage. Meanwhile, the normal blue dragons...

Show me the blue dragon doing anything comparable to Medivh opening the Dark Portal.
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    azshara and aegwynn were stronger.

i think azshara >= aegwynn > alodi >= medivh > moonguard illidan > khadgar >= player archmage > jaina
    Where does Xavius mold into this? He was an extremely powerful sorcerer as well before turning Satyr.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is the sexiest of the mages lore wise i don't care how people feel of her she's my kinda lady.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Nobody talked about aspects vs guardians. We were talking about blue dragons vs guardians. It is obvious that Aspect of Magic is more powerful than any single mage. Meanwhile, the normal blue dragons...

Show me the blue dragon doing anything comparable to Medivh opening the Dark Portal.
    There aren't really an examples in lore aside from Malygos channeling all of Azeroth's ley lines into the Great Dark Beyond, and like you said that's was an aspect. And there probably won't be, due to all dragons being much weaker than pre-Deathwang death dragons.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    if medivh still lives, then medivh.
    Medivh does indeed still live. We meet him at the end of the Return to Karazhan mythic dungeon and he and Khadgar have a bro-fist moment. Then he leaves after saying Khadgar does deserve the title of Guardian or something, I can't remember. Medivh goes off to some other demon world to battle them, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Balecgos' Bane was an artifact created by the blue dragon Balecgos that was designed to soak up Azeroth's ambient mana to keep it safe from undisciplined mortal spellcasters It did its job a bit too well, and ended up destroying its own creator by draining the entirety of his magic and leaving him a lifeless husk. A pretty impressive use of magic, and comparable to the creation of the Dark Portal in my estimation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead