10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    so niantic is still super vague and leaves it to the players to discover the changes they made
    Mostly yes but with reddit/silph rd everything is known within hours of a new APK being up

Deleted
    To be honest i would love to play this again...
    but it seems pointless, as i live in a rural area and only go to the city to work.

There's litterally no pokestop within 20km of my house... and pokemon are very scarce as well.

What i can take away from the game:
    It encourages players to go on walks in cities and discourages us from actually going into nature and actually do something healthy for ourselves.
    I mean... i understand why they do it (probably they have some affiliate programmes shops can pay to have a pokestop), but noone in their right mind would choose to take a walk in the city if they can take one in actual nature (which by logic should be where more pokemon would live).

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    i understand why they do it (probably they have some affiliate programmes shops can pay to have a pokestop)
    Affiliate programs came only after the game became a hit. Real reason why Pokestops are in cities is that the game's data for them is based on Ingress, and in Ingress vast majority of the hotspots had been suggested by people who played the game.

And guess where those people live?

Cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Affiliate programs came only after the game became a hit. Real reason why Pokestops are in cities is that the game's data for them is based on Ingress, and in Ingress vast majority of the hotspots had been suggested by people who played the game.

And guess where those people live?

Cities.
    Oh, i completely understand what you are saying. I also followed the game for most of it's

but that doesn't mean they are not supposed to do anything about it.
    Especially seeing how the majority (if not all) of their commercials feature "trainers" looking for pokemon in the wild.

I'm still bummed about them denying me to play the game via emulator.

it doesn't seem they all spawn near pokestops. I played it on my way to work today and found plenty even though there are no stops on the route (only a gym). The tracker just works based on stops but it's not like they only spawn there
    They added spawns to walking paths in some areas, too. There are WAY more spawns than at launch, not just at pokestops, but everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They also added a berry that increases the amount of candy you get for catching the pokemon you use it on.

I am stockpiling those and going starter hunting.
    IMO the best thing added besides gen2 itself.

To be honest i would love to play this again...
    but it seems pointless, as i live in a rural area and only go to the city to work.

There's litterally no pokestop within 20km of my house... and pokemon are very scarce as well.
    They will eventually open submissions for new stops, make sure you get in the game then to make your own submissions. I don't know how it will work, but they're starting it in Ingress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    They will eventually open submissions for new stops, make sure you get in the game then to make your own submissions. I don't know how it will work, but they're starting it in Ingress.
    Sounds like too much work, really...
    I think i'll just wait till someone gets it working on an emulator again.

Deleted
    I think another reason why there are more pokemon in crowded areas instead of out in the wild is for safety. I doubt they want to send kids out into the woods

Sounds like too much work, really...
    I think i'll just wait till someone gets it working on an emulator again.
    What exactly is your complain again then? I thought you disliked that there were no pokestops in your vicinity. When you can do something about that (at some point anyway) you just says it's too much work. That's really not gonna fix that situation now is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    What exactly is your complain again then? I thought you disliked that there were no pokestops in your vicinity. When you can do something about that (at some point anyway) you just says it's too much work. That's really not gonna fix that situation now is it?
    No pokestops and almost no pokemon either.
    My point is that it's simply too little, too late.

And yes:
    - having to fill out a form and then
    - pray for them to not decline the application
    to make the game playable for us is what i call little.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fucking sweet news for me, thank you.

Edited: Is there a source for that btw?

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, found it!

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/17/ni...-into-ingress/
    That's the one. Hopefully since they released gen2, people will be pretty content for awhile, and they can focus on other tasks. The newest APK shows that it's mostly performance changes, which is great for a lot of people. Here's hoping quality of life for rural players is next on the agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes:
    - having to fill out a form and then
    - pray for them to not decline the application
    to make the game playable for us is what i call little.
    If they're doing it the right way, and I hope they do, the priority for stops will depend on how few exist in a specific radius from the proposed stop. Honestly, though, it sounds like a lot of fun to go around, find landmarks, take pictures, and submit them with your own flavor text. When they get added, you have the satisfactions of knowing you put it there.

@ rural problem

Why don't they just make it so pokemon spawn from you walking in addition to them existing out in the world? I mean, in the real pokemon, walking back and forth in your backyard made pokemon attack you sooo...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    There's a little event going on where any pikachu found in the wild will have a party hat. You can only get them during the event and it lasts until the 6th I think

Too bad those fuckers dont spawn anywhere near me :v

There's a little event going on where any pikachu found in the wild will have a party hat. You can only get them during the event and it lasts until the 6th I think

Too bad those fuckers dont spawn anywhere near me :v
    I caught another one, finally. I caught one on the first day, but it didn't have good IVs so muscle memory transferred it.

Deleted
    Got myself a Snorlax with 97% IVs, headbutt & hyper beam... around 1400 CP, shall I invest my candys on this lil guy?
    well it's got the best moveset. I doubt you'll ever find another one with 100% iv's.

Considering I have yet to find one in the wild, not to mention get one, I would consider yourself lucky and would defo lvl it up to max.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there was a nest migration yesterday for a case someone doesn't know about that. https://thesilphroad.com/atlas is your friend.

Got myself a Snorlax with 97% IVs, headbutt & hyper beam... around 1400 CP, shall I invest my candys on this lil guy?
    Yes. I prefer Body Slam because it's harder to dodge, but Hyper Beam is better against people who don't really dodge anyway. Either way, any Snorlax with 90+ IVs and Zen Headbutt is always worth powering up if you have the candies.

It's second place from Blissey, even though that gap is huuuuge.

To max him up, I need to be at least 30, right?
    To absolutely max him, you need to be level 38 (that's when you can't power them up anymore). But power ups at level 30 and up cost a LOT more resources and give half as much CP each. In any case, that's ridiculously high that very few players can expect to see.

Every time you level up, the cap for power ups raise, so you can still max him out relative to your level, and you should.

Not even sure if it's the cap for wild ones, think just for eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Not even sure if it's the cap for wild ones, think just for eggs.
    Eggs cap at 20, sadly. The (major) upside to eggs are that they tend to have better IVs (each stat will be 10-15 rather than the usual 1-15). Wild Pokemon cap at level 30. When a pokemon spawns, it will be the same for every person who is the same level. A level 25 person may find a 2200 Snorlax, a 26 person may find it to be only 100. However, the max they will find it to be is based on their level, so higher levels generally find better stuff. People 30-40 will all see the same CP.