Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Video games themed tattoo art

Interesting. What dou you think about this type of art? Do you have any tattoos?

Too fleeting for my taste.

Maybe if it had an embellishment deep enough for it to look awesome even to people who don't know the video game.

Like that picture of a yellow astronaut eating all the yellow anti-anxiety tablets he can while cowering in fear of four ghost astronauts nearby, of colors corresponding to Pac-Man's ghosts.

Then even people who don't get the game reference will dig it, but anyone who's ever played or seen just a little bit of Pac-Man will instantly recognize the theme and go "Woah! I never thought of it that way!"

Those are quite the marvels.

If it's abstract enough to stand on it's own, it's okay.

But something like Sonic or Pikachu will just have you explaining your tattoos all the time. "Who's that, dad?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I figure they'd be okay, but it really depends on what exactly the tattoo is of.

I don't have any video game themed tats yet but a priority on that list is getting this bad boy on my right leg somewhere.

I think about having someepic sword of "dragon" shaped tattoo. Examples anyone?

I like seeing people with bad tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by dagg405 View Post
    Interesting. What dou you think about this type of art? Do you have any tattoos?
    I think buying a Tshirt would be better, it's not permanent, and you can easily switch it out.

Deleted
    Tattoos in general are a nog-go for me. I own a business and have frequent contact with partners and high value customers.

It's also not something I ever see in my social circle either tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Other people's tattoos isn't my business, but I do judge silly looking ones, or if they are in a spot that's unprofessional (imo) - face, neck, etc.

I have a tramp stamp of a pink bow. Yes, I regret it... I actually hate it.
    You can get it removed now!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not very well. I've read that it can be extremely challenge on people with very fair-skin, which I have as a redhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, looking this up now, says it works better on fair skin. Maybe I was thinking of laser hair removal. I may consider this now, actually. Though, I was stupid and got it quite big. It will likely be quite costly to remove.
    Which is fair. Perhaps consider having it redone or something. People can do some creative stuff when it comes to fixing up old tats. Like that Pikachu some guy redid. Which I can't link here for some reason because I suck at Interneting.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've gotten older, I just don't like the look of tattoos on women. I'd consider having it removed, but I don't want it redone or anything.
    Hey totally fair!

Just figured I'd throw it out there. Especially if the price to redo a tattoo ends up being cheaper than to get it removed. But it's definitely nice that there are options now though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I'll definitely look into the price for having it removed. Thanks!
    Of course!! Good luck with it!!!

I have tattoos. I like most of mine. There's only one I really don't like and am in the process of covering it up with another. People are free to get whatever they want tattooed to their bodies. Just as they're free to pierce whatever they want. Some people take it to a really extreme level and that kind of throws me off but it's whatevs. As long as it makes them happy.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Horribly cringey in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's not a single thing, let alone something from video games, in this world that I would want to be permanently inked on my skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Depends on how well it's done and where it is on the body. If it's some monolithic thing in a very visible place, I always find that tacky regardless of what it is of. If it's drawn well and simple (ie not absolutely bleeding with color everywhere), in an inconspicuous place it's fine.

That said, it's your body...do what you want but live with the consequences and don't blame others for looking, staring and asking questions you don't want to answer.

Tattoos in general run that risk of becoming out of date. You get a tattoo of that girl's name and divorce her 10 years later, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

@Winter Blossom maybe look into this if it comes to market: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ood-cells.html

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Tattoos in general run that risk of becoming out of date. You get a tattoo of that girl's name and divorce her 10 years later, etc.
    I knew a guy from WoW who got his girlfriend's name tattooed on his neck after dating her for a month, she got one too lol. No joke, they broke up less than a month later.

I asked him about it and he goes, "well, at least it's a good story with some good memories" haha.