Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MMO-Champ.... tsk tsk..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even 100 trackers? Too easy.

Maybe this thread belongs in the Feedback forum? Or some part of the forum where the OP actually feels the urge to give some context to their post.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    Feedback forum? But I am very sure nothing can be done about that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting as bad as Wowhead. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not even 100 trackers? Too easy.
    I get 135 on the front page, which is why this place is totally ad blocked from every side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Getting as bad as Wowhead. lol.
    Main Wowhead page : 14 ... around 10% of what main MMO-C page has.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Main Wowhead page : 14 ... around 10% of what main MMO-C page has.
    More in terms of performance. Wowhead has been complete and total garbage since Legion launched, several threads on the WoW subreddit about it and many excuses from the wowhead staff.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    More in terms of performance. Wowhead has been complete and total garbage since Legion launched, several threads on the WoW subreddit about it and many excuses from the wowhead staff.
    Because I block everything on both sites due to extensive invasive and infected advertising - I don't see any performance issues.

Here is a list of domains MMO-C front page links to:

2mdn.net
    adtechus.com
    ajax.googleapis.com
    akamaized.net
    criteo.net
    crwdcntrl.net
    curse.com
    cursecdn.com
    cloudfront.net
    doubleclick.net
    facebook.com
    facebook.net
    google.com
    googletagmanager.com
    googletagservices.com
    gstatic.com
    imasdk.googleapis.com
    jquery.com
    jtvnw.net
    mixpanel.com
    pingdom.net
    scorecardresearch.com
    springserve.com
    ttvnw.net
    twitch.tv
    twitter.com
    yahooapis.com
    youtube.com
    ytimg.com

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

yeah . reduce that to 0 and i will disable adblock
    i dunno: jquery.com but this might be false positive

Yeah, I've gotten a shitton blocked from just the front page...

And then there is this mess: 425 things / requests blocked from the front page.

Pastebin Link for the logger.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    yeah . reduce that to 0 and i will disable adblock
    i dunno: jquery.com but this might be false positive
    I have a simple requirement - if I can use the site with advertising - I will use it with advertising.

For me that means - no active, video, audio or animated advertising, no oddball tracking (can live with google, curse, twitter etc) and advertising under 20% of the space on my browser.

How do you test these ? I do run Adblocked but am little bit noobish to stats OP showed.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    How do you test these ? I do run Adblocked but am little bit noobish to stats OP showed.
    Get rid of adblock or adblock pro - install uBlock Origin Once you do that, then click on the icon for it in the top right hand corner (in Chrome) to see all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I have a simple requirement - if I can use the site with advertising - I will use it with advertising.

For me that means - no active, video, audio or animated advertising, no oddball tracking (can live with google, curse, twitter etc) and advertising under 20% of the space on my browser.
    inb4 a certain individual says "These do not exist on our site because Curse Pro blocks them."
    =\

Pretty sure that is how the last thread of this got stopped.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    It's even worse on a phone. I keep getting a sound notification I can't get rid of whenever the halo add loads

143 on front page for me. lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Easy to avoid that shit though.

Try again Mmo Champ

Ez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I really hate running a ad-block in terms of denying a site a chance to get advertisements in, but I just started having some many oddities on this site that I finally broke down and loaded them up. I was surprised at how much better, cleaner and more responsive the site became. I had performance so bad, that at one point I could type in a response to a post and there was a 5-10 sec delay. Once I loaded ad-block\Ublock all of it went away.

I don't think one can keep the wowhead page open for more than 5-10 mins until it crashes without a blocker, which is really sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    Tsk tsk to you for not posting in the right section?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I really hate running a ad-block in terms of denying a site a chance to get advertisements in, but I just started having some many oddities on this site that I finally broke down and loaded them up.
    Mhm, MMO Champion is sadly the site that pushed me to start using an ad blocker as well. It's a pretty good example of why people do this. I wish more sites would look into alternate methods of monetisation rather than pouring gas on the fire.