Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That's Saxon.
    Saxon's are Germanic, that doesn't mean that all Germanic people are Saxons.

Besides the original comment was about Anglo-Saxons which is a mix of Germanic people (mostly Angles, Saxons and Jutes) who came to live in Britain sometime after the Romans left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I identify as a Pangolin and use Edarling all the time.
    Noted, Pangolin, your wish is granted...

I identify as your 'lord and savior', in case anyone wishes to reciprocate.

If you are going to identify as anything, why set the bar as low as dolphin or pangolin. Don't you have higher goals? No Space Marines or steam cowboys?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-21 at 02:58 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    They're all mental illnesses, Idon't differ between them.
    Are you sure you know what makes a mental illness? I mean, you can agree or disagree with those things, and either is fine - but that doesn't make them mental ilnesses.

OT: While the outrage by those students is indeed very silly, as making a dating app with Male and Female as choices is perfectly fine, I think it's equally silly to act like this would be some overwhelming majority thing. Those are twenty-six people, that is hardly more than a vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Bunch of spoiled kids...

If i want to create an app with 2 genders, i have this right; if i want to create an app just for men who want to meet other men, i have this right; if i want to make an app just for women to meet other women, i have this right; if i want to make an app only for transex i have this right.
    The issue is that the app-makers in this case wanted to make an app for the student body at Harvard, it didn't cater to the entire student body and after receiving feedback they apologised to those they excluded and said they would do better next year.

It's what you would call a "non-issue" if the easily outraged press hadn't picked up on it and broadcast to the kind of people who get mad about this sort of thing and make threads on MMO-C.

Deleted
    Here is the revised version of the app.
    http://imgur.com/a/10UV4

I identify as a Pangolin and use Edarling all the time.
    *looks at forum-name*

Do you realise you're sending mixed signals here, Zoibert the Bear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Noted, Pangolin, your wish is granted...

I identify as your 'lord and savior', in case anyone wishes to reciprocate.
    Granted. Will you ask of as to erect monolithic temples in which to worship your oh so excellent taste in world creation or will committing suicidal acts of faith against peoples of other religion be a good enough endeavor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    *looks at forum-name*

Do you realise you're sending mixed signals here, Zoibert the Bear?
    I have small di.... Body complex. Like Trump with his hands. I overcompensate through avataristic stimulae.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Here is the revised version of the app.
    http://imgur.com/a/10UV4
    Dendrophiliac is not an option. To the streets!
    #equality

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    All this is, is inserting ourselves into something that doesn't actually concern us moreover doesn't actually matter.

The fact that anyone one thinks or wants this to matter, at all, is laughable to the extreme.
    Are you new to the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Students said that such a setup was insufficient because it implied that the “gender binary” was “normal.” “Calling gender non-conformity or any gender non-binary identity ‘extra’ is sort of tactless nomenclature,” one student told the Harvard Crimson.
    Uh, because it is normal.

Look, if you want to mutilate your body for whatever reason(s) you have, all the more power to you. If you have a mental disorder that causes you to think you're a different sex than you are, well, it is what it is. But for fuck's sake, don't think you're normal. I don't know where this nonsense is coming from, but if you're different from the norm you are -- by definition -- not normal.

For fuck's sake...
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted. Will you ask of as to erect monolithic temples in which to worship your oh so excellent taste in world creation or will committing suicidal acts of faith against peoples of other religion be a good enough endeavor?
    Oh, you misunderstood... I identify as your "lord and savior", that is all. I'm not asking you to do anything different, other than call me "lord and savior" when you address me. I'm just overly concerned what others want to call me, no other change required.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Uh, because it is normal.

Look, if you want to mutilate your body for whatever reason(s) you have, all the more power to you. If you have a mental disorder that causes you to think you're a different sex than you are, well, it is what it is. But for fuck's sake, don't think you're normal. I don't know where this nonsense is coming from, but if you're different from the norm you are -- by definition -- not normal.

For fuck's sake...
    How can you be so racist? Oh my god someone call the police this man/woman/queer-mate/hetero-asexual dolphin is dangerous to society.

Oh, you misunderstood... I identify as your "lord and savior", that is all. I'm not asking you to do anything different, other than call me "lord and savior" when you address me. I'm just overly concerned what others want to call me, no other change required.
    That much I can do Felya. I mean "lord and savior". Whatever, you're cool. Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I attack you? i'm attacking the idea of identity politics being something relevant, then asking for some introspection to think about why it seems relevant.
    And I read it that way but then I started second guessing myself. Figured I'd ask.

And people attack me on here all the time because I disagree with their views and am known as more Conservative than anything. So I'm quite used to being attacked randomly on here.

I don't see that from you ever so I figured I'd ask before I jump to conclusions.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    There are three genders.

Male

Female

Mutated

The mutated gender is when an individual is born without XX or XY chromosomes. This isn't intended, but happens when something in the process of creating the embryo goes wrong. Somtimes you end up with XXY chromosomes, sometimes something else. I don't know the specifics but it's something I vaguely learned when I was younger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm pretty liberal and I see three questions:

Hardware (bits) : Male [_] Female [_] <-- only question needed for public knowledge, used to determine which loo to use
    Software (brain) : Male [_] Female [_] <-- only needed for psychological and personal knowledge
    Targets (preference) : Male [_] Female [_] <--- noone else needs to know.

That's it ... there isn't any more options ... PS - all options above are checkboxes.
    Will your software pair up these couples?

101010 -> 111111
    101010 -> 100110
    101001 -> 110110

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Oh no worries, it is very easy. I can help out.

So, what about the obvious differences between nongender, agender, non-binary and neither don't you understand? Or gender fluid and pangender?
    Those all make no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And I read it that way but then I started second guessing myself. Figured I'd ask.

And people attack me on here all the time because I disagree with their views and am known as more Conservative than anything. So I'm quite used to being attacked randomly on here.

I don't see that from you ever so I figured I'd ask before I jump to conclusions.
    I try to "attack" ideas, not the people who have them. I don't blame people for falling for scams that have cost this much effort to pull off. My current issue is with attacks and calls to limit the free press. With identity politics being used as the reason, which is even being accepted by those that defend the free press.

As a result, when threads like this pop up. I enjoy questioning the difference between what media does and confirmation bias. After all, in this day and age. Media is so fractured, with limitless sources and opinions. If you want to believe the earth is flat, there are plenty of articles explaining just that. If you want identity politics to dominate the media, you are clicks away from finding articles like this.

Realizing you guys might not be sports fans.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-21 at 03:20 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those spoiled kids need to accept that not being normal, does not mean unacceptable or repugnant.

If you are a man, who loves other men, but see yourself as a woman and likes to dress as a woman, don't think you are normal, because you aren't.
    Normal means the usual, the typical, the expected and, well, i don't see this behavior as a expected, standard thing no where in this world.

According to biology, normal is the gender binary. Why ? Because that's the expected, otherwise, evolution would be killing itself.
    Those guys are just as science deniers as those who don't accept the climate changes caused by mankind.

But hey, this does not mean that, just because you aren't normal, you should not have your rights granted or should not be treated with the respect all humans beings, a priori, deserve.

Just don't try to change the world to adapt to your worldview, where the atypical is the normal and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Will your software pair up these couples?
    Pairing up isn't my problem, providing medical and other utilities and psychiatric care for those unsure or having difficulty is.

Love isn't a right... just the freedom to do so.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Those spoiled kids need to accept that not being normal, does not mean unacceptable or repugnant.

If you are a man, who loves other men, but see yourself as a woman and likes to dress as a woman, don't think you are normal, because you aren't.
    Normal means the usual, the typical, the expected and, well, i don't see this behavior as a expected, standard thing no where in this world.

According to biology, normal is the gender binary. Why ? Because that's the expected, otherwise, evolution would be killing itself.
    Those guys are just as science deniers as those who don't accept the climate changes caused by mankind.

But hey, this does not mean that, just because you aren't normal, you should not have your rights granted or should not be treated with the respect all humans beings, a priori, deserve.

Just don't try to change the world to adapt to your worldview, where the atypical is the normal and vice versa
    Can you elaborate on evolution killing it self? I want to read more...