Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Aspect of the Beast is amazing

after the hotfix, are you guys also having high sim results using ask mr robot + downloaded simcraft??

its simming over 4k increase over kill cobra, it also helps out on aoe abit more than killer cobra, if you have the legendary bm boots then the talent becomes even better.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    after the hotfix, are you guys also having high sim results using ask mr robot + downloaded simcraft??

its simming over 4k increase over kill cobra, it also helps out on aoe abit more than killer cobra, if you have the legendary bm boots then the talent becomes even better.
    It sims quite a bit lower than Killer Cobra for me (maybe because I have belt). The problem with the Qa'pla boots is you lose a tick when you overwrite the old one. For example: Kill Command->Dire Beast->Kill Command you get 5 Bestial Ferocity ticks when you should have gotten 6 ticks. Same thing can happen during blood lust without the boots due to the cooldown being reduced to well below 6 seconds.

But I agree it's an OK choice for situations where you're using lots of Multi-Shots instead of Cobras.

I wish they'd just let the talent pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    It sims quite a bit lower than Killer Cobra for me (maybe because I have belt). The problem with the Qa'pla boots is you lose a tick when you overwrite the old one. For example: Kill Command->Dire Beast->Kill Command you get 5 Bestial Ferocity ticks when you should have gotten 6 ticks. Same thing can happen during blood lust without the boots due to the cooldown being reduced to well below 6 seconds.

But I agree it's an OK choice for situations where you're using lots of Multi-Shots instead of Cobras.
    It's not as much of a problem if there is more than 1 target to attack. But yes it would probably pay to use a different legendary if you are going to run this talent on single target fight.

Deleted
    Outside of sims I just like KC too much. I don't notice those 5-6% increases, but I do notice my burst gone when I can't spam one KC after another. WotC mitigates this by adding an average of 60k per CS (which doesn't seem much but brings CS crits to half a mil) but then I miss the extra focus when I'm spamming Multi-Shot. I find I have more situations to burst something down than I have to sustain AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That's why you take dire stable if you plan on using multi-shot much in a fight.

What hotfix is the OP talking about though? Didn't think they mad any changes to AotB.
    It couldn't crit previously, now it can.

Before the recent buff, I'm finding aotb equal or slightly ahead of killer Cobra under their respective optimal rotation. I would assume that the differences would be more obvious now.

Aspect is about 30K DPS behind for me on a single target. This is with the Mantle legendary. The only use for it for me personally would be Botanist Heroic, really.

Aspect was equal before 4set or shoulder.

With 4set/shoulder the value of killer cobra jump up far head of aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    Aspect is about 30K DPS behind for me on a single target. This is with the Mantle legendary. The only use for it for me personally would be Botanist Heroic, really.
    I'm going to find out how we have so many people on the forums here with Mantle, its not statistically possible.

Edit : they should also make a new hunter forum just for you people, since regular BM threads basically don't apply anymore.

New 7.15 have very high chancr to drop. Possible 80%+ chance for legendary drop are new 7.15 one.

Most people should have 1 legendary drop since 7.15 and lots of hardcore dude have 2 drop already since 7.15.

Now for forum. Most casual never read forum anyway. They usually go icyvien to get unformation then done.

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    New 7.15 have very high chancr to drop. Possible 80%+ chance for legendary drop are new 7.15 one.

Most people should have 1 legendary drop since 7.15 and lots of hardcore dude have 2 drop already since 7.15.

Now for forum. Most casual never read forum anyway. They usually go icyvien to get unformation then done.
    ...wat?

10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    ...wat?

10char
    He says that new legendaries have higter chance to drop when you get lucky enough to have any drop

When you have the boots and you overlap the dot its not overwriting the last tick as far as Ive seen (I thought it did before also). Some time in the past DOTs were changed to stack if they were reapplied so you'll see higher tick damage. Thats what happens for the last tick, it does twice the damage then goes back to its normal damage for its new application.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    He says that new legendaries have higter chance to drop when you get lucky enough to have any drop
    Which I'm pretty sure is a completely unsubstantiated claim. I know my only legendary in 7.1.5 surely wasn't one of the new ones...fucking shadow Hunter bullshit.

And it does seem like lots of people on these threads do have the shoulders, which just pours more salt in the wound for the have-nots like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Which I'm pretty sure is a completely unsubstantiated claim. I know my only legendary in 7.1.5 surely wasn't one of the new ones...fucking shadow Hunter bullshit.

And it does seem like lots of people on these threads do have the shoulders, which just pours more salt in the wound for the have-nots like myself.
    Personally I think that may be the case. Got shoulder and kj trinket after 7.1.5 went live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post

dont tell that to me Head/Legs useless MM boots and sephus waiting number 5 more than 2 months...
    Atleast i`m not the only unlucky hunter in guild but those who have played BM since start have things like bracers and boots almost every MM hunter from guild also have feet 1 only got BM shoulders so far and no one of us have belt for BM/MM
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-02-21 at 02:59 PM.

Was using shoulders and bracers with cof, then boots dropped a couple days ago so now running with shoulders and boots. AotB is now simming 6k higher than KC. 2111113 build looks pretty legit with this legendary combo. I switched gems and enchants to crit, also using crit food now.

900 serpentrix trinket now also sims slightly higher than 900 cof with this build. Do the serpents spawned by the trinket procs count as pets for WotC?

Quote Originally Posted by Inerras View Post
    Was using shoulders and bracers with cof, then boots dropped a couple days ago so now running with shoulders and boots. AotB is now simming 6k higher than KC.
    The boots+mantle combo actually cause you to clip your AotB dots and therefore losing ticks, unfortunately its not the dream combo at all if your using the benefit of 2 DB charges and boot resets correctly. I'm confident sims are not showing this accurately, in actual practice AotB is a dps loss.
    Boots greatest strength is offering KC resets outside of BW, or fitting in an extra KC at the end of BW when you don't have enough focus for both a Cobra & KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Inerras View Post
    900 serpentrix trinket now also sims slightly higher than 900 cof with this build. Do the serpents spawned by the trinket procs count as pets for WotC?
    I've seen this asked a few times, but I've never seen a solid tested and confirmed answer. The trinket is really strong, although a bit inconsistent, if WotC counts the snakes its potentially an excellent ST trinket.

I do understand that we lose dot ticks with the boots, however the boots also have no synergy with killer cobra. And when using OwtP, I get so many db procs that killer cobra spamming gets interrupted a LOT, which also lessens its value.

Even with the dot clipping, both my dummy testing and raid logs still show bestial ferocity damage equal to 30% of my total kill command + jaws of thunder damage (including hati). I'd have to cast kill command 30% more to do the same amount of damage. Checking recent raid logs, the other bm hunter in my raid using killer cobra (WITH BELT) is casting kill command only 20% more than I do. All the kill command gcd's and focus I saved go toward cobra shots buffed by up to 4 dire beasts at times. And since I don't have the need to burn up my entire focus bar with killer cobra during bw windows, I don't have to delay bw as much when I get those crazy streaks of db procs.

Right now I have to choose between bracers+cof or boots. Boots with this build just gives me better numbers by a significant margin. This all changes of course if I ever get the belt.

Update: I just checked my sims, and simmed bestial ferocity dps shows up as 29.9% of the sum of all my other kill command dps. Looks bang on with my in-game numbers. SimC shows 15% of dots getting clipped, my logs show that I'm clipping 16% of my dots.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-02-24 at 07:16 PM.