Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    If you had any experiences with trading in this game, you'd hate trading for it being trading btw
    I didn't have but wll, next patch means officially SSF so i'm more than fine with that. I hope it has some decent following and it evolves in a more fleshed out gameplay mode. I'd really like SSF to be a permanent switch and not something people can opt out of, as i can understand GGG doesn't want it to become mandatory at some point, and imho the only way to make it work really good is to completely separate the two parts.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's good... I'm like you I don't trade and mostly play solo so it's good to know that anything/everything is viable. It's just a question of speed, which has never been my primary concern.
    That's exactly what I meant

It's like... I am playing a cast when channel build, that is slow baseline as I have to stand still to kill stuff to start with.
    I could make a queen of the forest character and speedrun instead, but I like what I am playing so who cares about "meta". I find blade flurry an annoying skill and I wouldn't play it even if it's meta like this league.

Play what you like, don't be afraid to swap out some dps for some survival skills and you'll be fine really.
    Rest comes down to game knowledge and being able to avoid crap!
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremin View Post
    This thing about less issue in higher difficulties can be because of more gear, but also because you have access to full array of skills. But I also saw an interview the other day between a developer and ZiggyD, where he the dev talks about how the first acts, act 1 and act 2 are sort of introductionary acts, therefore they got easier monster AI. It is like if you play diablo 3 and you got a rift full of zombies, which is one of the best monster types because they're so easy to kill and their AI is horrendous, this translates to PoE aswell, some monster AIs are just easier than others.
    yeah, that may easily be the thing. Oh well i have cleared the Act4 as much as i needed so i'll never return there if not in dried lake - then run maps all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    yeah, that may easily be the thing. Oh well i have cleared the Act4 as much as i needed so i'll never return there if not in dried lake - then run maps all the time.
    That is what everyone does, just stop after mines (you do want to do mines as the quest gives a skillpoint) - finish quest and just forget about malachai. Merciless malachai isn't a walk in the park either, it's quite a bit harder as most maps despite being "only" level 70
    My DK

That's good... I'm like you I don't trade and mostly play solo so it's good to know that anything/everything is viable. It's just a question of speed, which has never been my primary concern.
    Yeah, it's just putting everything in perspective. The exact same thing happens in D3 to be honest - the problem D3 has is not build diversity (as there are quite a bunch for now) but content diversity and balance. Since everything is about timed runs that increase in difficulty and some builds are literally 100x better than others, people is automatically funneled into the "meta". Also since gearing is fast many people reach a palteau where progresssing becomes boring and uninteresting.

In PoE ladders simply don't invalidate the content you can run. And that makes it up for everything - everyone can run everything if you build your char relatively well, competition lies in other things and everyone knows already that there is only one #1 spot.

WTB game which has the skill/character system of PoE and the combat/gameplay of D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    WTB game which has the skill/character system of PoE and the combat/gameplay of D3.
    I would sell my soul for that game... If I could make my current Sword and Board Juggernaut, but use it in D3.

The glory!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

People complain about meta, say there are only a few "viable" builds

Then steelmage destroys the ladder with fire nova mines

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Then steelmage destroys the ladder with fire nova mines
    Yeah the "meta" has changed like 5 times this league alone. So it's kinda pointless to predict, unless you are the famous streamer that streams said builds. Besides most ladder people (top 5) don't even stream and like I said, dosh has been top 5 last 4 leagues with the same inquisitor sparker, nobody plays it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would sell my soul for that game... If I could make my current Sword and Board Juggernaut, but use it in D3.

The glory!
    Grim Dawn.... but that lacks (proper) multiplayer and has a few of it's own problems
    My DK

Most people whom complain or talk about the meta dominance are not anywhere close to competing at the top end. Or do.

It's an empty concern really. It's like complaining about the quality of the caviar when you are eating salmon roe with a metal spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Most people whom complain or talk about the meta dominance are not anywhere close to competing at the top end. Or do.

It's an empty concern really. It's like complaining about the quality of the caviar when you are eating salmon roe with a metal spoon.
    I do have some concerns...I don't care that ES has a bigger health pool than life, it need sit because it's worse than life in every single way. I do care that ES achieves said health pool for half the investment on the skill tree, though. There's also basically no reason to play cold or lightning builds, it's kind of stupid that putting a pyre on any cold spell caster is basically always an improvement. I've currently got a vortex trap build planned for next league with 900% crit multi because why not, but going CI and going fire is obvious, because ignites are free DPS while freeze is impossible to proc on bosses, and you can't get a decent life pool without spending pretty much all of your points on travel and life nodes which leaves little else for crit and damage.

But these are meta concerns, they aren't about specific builds and abilities. Life is still viable for some builds and just because using pyre is obvious for cold spells doesn't mean cold spells are worse than fire spells, plenty of builds are still viable. Even my annoyance with life is less than 'life is bad' and more that there is a tiny amount of life in the top/right hand side of the tree, when making a shadow it feels impossible to go life because there just aren't enough nodes to grab, and witch/shadow is pretty much all I play.

Deleted
    If you don't mind going slow, you can really do any build you want. I started Breach HC as a fucking Juggernaut 1H Ground Slam Endurance Charge on Melee Stun self-cast Discharge, and made it into the 80s before dying of boredom.

Grim Dawn.... but that lacks (proper) multiplayer and has a few of it's own problems
    Passed the 200 hours mark on that - DAIL mod adds tons of replayabilty but combat is still not on the level of D3.

I do have some concerns...I don't care that ES has a bigger health pool than life, it need sit because it's worse than life in every single way. I do care that ES achieves said health pool for half the investment on the skill tree, though. There's also basically no reason to play cold or lightning builds, it's kind of stupid that putting a pyre on any cold spell caster is basically always an improvement. I've currently got a vortex trap build planned for next league with 900% crit multi because why not, but going CI and going fire is obvious, because ignites are free DPS while freeze is impossible to proc on bosses, and you can't get a decent life pool without spending pretty much all of your points on travel and life nodes which leaves little else for crit and damage.

But these are meta concerns, they aren't about specific builds and abilities. Life is still viable for some builds and just because using pyre is obvious for cold spells doesn't mean cold spells are worse than fire spells, plenty of builds are still viable. Even my annoyance with life is less than 'life is bad' and more that there is a tiny amount of life in the top/right hand side of the tree, when making a shadow it feels impossible to go life because there just aren't enough nodes to grab, and witch/shadow is pretty much all I play.
    I totally agree!

I ditched my pyre though haha - it seems avatar of fire + cold to fire was even better
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I looked into that, due to LOVING Titanquest, but I couldn't find a decent SnB tank build that didn't have to totally sacrifice damage in order to get tanky.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Eh, I looked into that, due to LOVING Titanquest, but I couldn't find a decent SnB tank build that didn't have to totally sacrifice damage in order to get tanky.
    Well, i played Demo/Soldier with 1h ranged and shield and i was a freaking steamroller. Point is that dialwield ranged does an awful lot more dmg. Basically the whole game relies a lot on procs hence more attacks = more procs.

My build can be easily swapped to a melee 1h/shield taking out the ragned oriented runes and putting those points into skills like Grenado or Blackwater cocktail.

Retalliation build
    works just fine!
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Retalliation build
    works just fine!
    Could I get a link? Sounds like my kinda build!

Could I get a link? Sounds like my kinda build!
    http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239

Should still be viable, was good fun!
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239

Should still be viable, was good fun!
    Cool, I'll give that a look once I get bored of PoE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just downloaded and started playing today. Seems like a fun game, only got to lvl3 before I had to get ready for work. Playing as a ranger, but my buddy wants to start a new char, so I thought of going for a tanky melee build as he will be going for a ranged witch. Hope this game co-ops nicely.