Elemental's New Artifact Trait in 7.2

Is anyone else really disappointed by the new artifact trait we're getting in patch 7.2 (Seismic Storm). It's AoE-centric and will see little use outside of very particular scenarios. And it will flat out see zero use in PvP. Thoughts? New traits can be seen HERE.

One of the things that Elemental is good at is AoE damage, so it makes sense to get an AoE trait. Not sure why you think it will see little use, since Earthquake is essential to Elemental's AoE rotation, and ST rotation if you have the right legendary.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    One of the things that Elemental is good at is AoE damage, so it makes sense to get an AoE trait. Not sure why you think it will see little use, since Earthquake is essential to Elemental's AoE rotation, and ST rotation if you have the right legendary.
    I guess I'm viewing it with more of a PvP eye. On that front, it just sucks that it will get no use from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I guess I'm viewing it with more of a PvP eye. On that front, it just sucks that it will get no use from me.
    Considering both the major trait and the T20 set bonus are focused on ST, I think it's an OK perk.

Ele's Aoe is already good. Ele's problem is the lack of single dps.
    If Blizzard does not compensate for a single deal in any way, Ele will be a disgraceful character like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Ok?

We already are amazing at AOE and they're focusing on this instead of improving our single target dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
    Considering both the major trait and the T20 set bonus are focused on ST, I think it's an OK perk.
    I don't use set bonuses in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosorkosm View Post
    Ok?

We already are amazing at AOE and they're focusing on this instead of improving our single target dps?
    Artifacts make sense when they try to empower our strengths. Affliction is already great at AoE but one of traits support their AoE damage. Fury is already great at AoE but they have a trait that empowers their AoE.

If Elemental's single target damage is really weak enough to be worth buffing (they are middle of the pack right now so I doubt it), then they will buff Elemental through a hotfix.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I don't use set bonuses in PvP.
    Then atleast you'll get up to 25% stronger Earth shocks out of the major trait.
    Also, I'm sorry to say, but PvP balance nowadays seems to be more of an afterthought once PvE pass has been completed, so I don't think artifact trait designers always have PvP in mind (except ofcourse the Resto Shaman GW & interrupt = insta-heal ones, which make me cry as PvE-only player)

Quote Originally Posted by Kosorkosm View Post
    Ok?

I wouldn't say amazing.. roughly 2/3s of the specs out AoE us, handily.

Knocking down groups of melee or casters trying to tunnel the same target is pretty clutch, you should try using your abilities sometime instead of acting like a sheep and pretending pvp is just pve on a person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I wouldn't say amazing.. roughly 2/3s of the specs out AoE us, handily.
    They beat us in burst aoe, the problem is unless you are raiding mythic or in mythic 10+ the mobs don't have enough health to live long enough.