Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I understand real estate. It takes a huge heaping of willful ignorance to believe that because his son is making the purchasing/selling/branding decisions that Trump, a man who has built an image based upon his way or the highway mentality, his image of micro-managing decisions of his supposed multi-billion dollar business conglomerate, will just divorce himself from it. The more likely legal strategy he is employing is that of obfuscation and using the slow wheels of the judicial system so by the time a strong case against his COIs and ethical violations, he will be out of office, even dead.

A presidential administration that considers the free press the opposition party shows the insecurity and paltry defense of their own actions and policies are.

Personally attacking a federal judge, for at least the second time, again shows how vacuous their own defense of their policies and actions are. Don't cry about the mean man when you can't muster of a legitimate defense of your ideas.
    You mean like Abe Lincoln? Or Thomas Jefferson? Or Bill Clinton? Nearly every president has complained about the press. Obama took his complaints about 100 steps farther in regards to James Rosen. So, until Trump is having people's families followed, and listening to their phone calls, I will just assume he is abusing his power less than Obama, in this regard.

If you think what that judge did, is a defensible legal position to take, you won't be worth discussing this with. The 9th Circus proved yet again that they have no respect for the actual law, and simply put forth their own politics. When you are a lefty judge, and Alan Freaking Dershowitz says you are a hack, then you must be pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Would you agree that the President - any President - has more political power than any other single person? Would you agree that he has a disproportionately large influence on society? Would you agree, therefore, that he should be held to a higher standard than most other people? That if he does accuse the press or the judicial branch of something, those accusations should not be outright lies, such as calling factual reports 'fake news' or claiming that a judge is not authorized to make a decision on one of his Executive Orders when they clearly are?

If Trump disagrees with the press, then he needs to do so in a manner befitting his station and back up his position with facts. Instead, he throws a tantrum and adds more lies to the fire.
    To quote the great Barrack Obama, "If you don't like my use of executive power, I only have one thing to say: Pass a bill."

Look, if you are expecting Trump to magically start speaking in politician speak, you are going to be disappointed. He is 70 years old. He is who he is. We legit chose this guy and he will just be himself the whole time. Just like every other prior president.

As for his complaints about the press, I could not agree more. What goes on, on a daily basis, is so far removed from anything even remotely considered non-partisan, it would be completely unrecognizable to Walter Cronkite.

If your main beef is that Trump is a douche bag ass clown, it's hardly an original thought, and it won't solve anything just saying it over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You mean like Abe Lincoln? Or Thomas Jefferson? Or Bill Clinton? Nearly every president has complained about the press. Obama took his complaints about 100 steps farther in regards to James Rosen. So, until Trump is having people's families followed, and listening to their phone calls, I will just assume he is abusing his power less than Obama, in this regard.

If you think what that judge did, is a defensible legal position to take, you won't be worth discussing this with. The 9th Circus proved yet again that they have no respect for the actual law, and simply put forth their own politics. When you are a lefty judge, and Alan Freaking Dershowitz says you are a hack, then you must be pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

To quote the great Barrack Obama, "If you don't like my use of executive power, I only have one thing to say: Pass a bill."

Look, if you are expecting Trump to magically start speaking in politician speak, you are going to be disappointed. He is 70 years old. He is who he is. We legit chose this guy and he will just be himself the whole time. Just like every other prior president.

As for his complaints about the press, I could not agree more. What goes on, on a daily basis, is so far removed from anything even remotely considered non-partisan, it would be completely unrecognizable to Walter Cronkite.

If your main beef is that Trump is a douche bag ass clown, it's hardly an original thought, and it won't solve anything just saying it over and over again.
    False equivalence, none of those administrations have tried to shut out the press as they have had in the Trump administration. Why was Breitbart the only outlet allowed to ask Trump a direct question in January? Why are they resorting to personal attacks? I know it's easy for the conservative brain-trust to handwave the entire judicial system as a liberal rubber-stamp, but here in reality, they should try to muster up an actual defense, unless you want to hear the Trump Administration whine like a baby because of separation of powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

False equivalence, none of those administrations have tried to shut out the press as they have had in the Trump administration. Why was Breitbart the only outlet allowed to ask Trump a direct question in January? Why are they resorting to personal attacks? I know it's easy for the conservative brain-trust to handwave the entire judicial system as a liberal rubber-stamp, but here in reality, they should try to muster up an actual defense, unless you want to hear the Trump Administration whine like a baby because of separation of powers.
    None of what you say is true. There are daily press briefings, and many MORE outlets get to ask questions than ever before, due to the Skype call questions. Most of January, Trump wasn't even the president. Get serious.

I agree that it's a false equivalence. Trump hasn't had dudes families followed by spies, and he hasn't listened in on phone calls, and he hasn't slapped a travel ban on ANY REPORTERS. Yet, Obama did all of this to James Rosen, the most timid reporter in Washington.

Deleted
    A presidential administration that considers the free press the opposition party shows the insecurity and paltry defense of their own actions and policies are.
    It would be helpful if all the hysterical anti-Trumpers were to actually comprehended what they read.

Here is Trumps tweet about the "free press":

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @Nytimes, @NBCNews, @abc, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Now, if you can comprehend what is actually written he said that the NY Times, NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN were the enemy of the American People. There is NOTHING about the "free press" in that statement. NOTHING. He qualifies his Fake News organizations as those specific 5. PERIOD.

And he is right. Due to the negative spin that those fucking losers constantly put on every story on Trump, they are nothing but a propaganda machine for the ousted liberals/progressives.

To say he attacked the free press is totally fucking IGNORANT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that press conference man... holy shit. talking out of both sides of your mouth lvl 9000+
    Mr president the russians buzzed one of your destroyers!

"Not good"

Thats not how it works. Your ignorant opinion does not trump the decision of acting judges; their opinion, by definition, matters more than yours. And your accusation of 'lefty judge' is laughable when two of the judges who made decisions on this were appointed by Republicans.

...and? No idea what you're talking about.

Funny, I didn't say a single thing about his confused, rambling, childish way of speaking. I just said he needed to back up his accusations with facts, but I'm guessing you don't share that opinion:

Which is a strange thing for you to say. Trump isn't saying the media is partisan, he's saying they are lying. If it's 'non-partisan' to let Trump slide on provable lies, horrible decisions and possible foreign connections, then fuck yes let's have the media be partisan. If you 'couldn't agree more' with Trump's accusations, then you are lying as much as he is. And Cronkite would fucking eat Trump for breakfast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    It would be helpful if all the hysterical anti-Trumpers were to actually comprehended what they read.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @Nytimes, @NBCNews, @abc, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Now, if you can comprehend what is actually written he said that the NY Times, NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN were the enemy of the American People. There is NOTHING about the "free press" in that statement. NOTHING. He qualifies his Fake News organizations as those specific 5. PERIOD.

And he is right. Due to the negative spin that those fucking losers constantly put on every story on Trump, they are nothing but a propaganda machine for the ousted liberals/progressives.

He isn't right, he has to resort to twitter attacks because neither he nor his administration can't even muster up a legitimate defense of their policies. This isn't showing strength or putting liberals in their place, he's just whining because people are asking him not even hard questions.

- - - Updated - - -

None of what you say is true. There are daily press briefings, and many MORE outlets get to ask questions than ever before, due to the Skype call questions. Most of January, Trump wasn't even the president. Get serious.

I agree that it's a false equivalence. Trump hasn't had dudes families followed by spies, and he hasn't listened in on phone calls, and he hasn't slapped a travel ban on ANY REPORTERS. Yet, Obama did all of this to James Rosen, the most timid reporter in Washington.
    Then why the leaks? If they are so open and actually have truthful answers to their inquiries, why are people in the administration coming to the press?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

So, basically, as long as he doesn't attack the people he agrees with, he isn't attacking the free press. Are you kidding me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Mr president the russians buzzed one of your destroyers!

"Not good"
    No puppet!

Thats not how it works. Your ignorant opinion does not trump the decision of acting judges; their opinion, by definition, matters more than yours. And your accusation of 'lefty judge' is laughable when two of the judges who made decisions on this were appointed by Republicans.

...and? No idea what you're talking about.

Funny, I didn't say a single thing about his confused, rambling, childish way of speaking. I just said he needed to back up his accusations with facts, but I'm guessing you don't share that opinion:

Which is a strange thing for you to say. Trump isn't saying the media is partisan, he's saying they are lying. If it's 'non-partisan' to let Trump slide on provable lies, horrible decisions and possible foreign connections, then fuck yes let's have the media be partisan. If you 'couldn't agree more' with Trump's accusations, then you are lying as much as he is. And Cronkite would fucking eat Trump for breakfast.
    I gave you the opinion of Alan Dershowitz. If you think YOU know more than he does, that is laughable. But, it doesn't take a legal expert to understand what happened. The judiciary has every right to challenge the legality of a presidential order. What they most certainly DO NOT have, is the right to challenge the WISDOM of the EO. And that is exactly what they did. They did not cite the law that gives him sweeping powers in this arena, they did not cite any law that he or the order was in violation of. What they said was, prove to us why these 7 nations should be chosen over others. They do not have that right, and if Trump takes this case, as is, to the SCOTUS, he will win 8-0, because even though they have their bias, they would never taint their legacy with such a poor decision, that is based in no legal standing.

It was ONE judge, and the one judge was appointed by a Republican....AS A DEAL TO GET PATTY MURRAYS VOTE ON A BILL. Get real already.

The Obama quote is in reference to the notion that the only way to control how a president handles immigration, is via the judiciary. If Congress, or anyone else, wants to remove the SWEEPING powers the president has in regards to immigration, the intended solution by our framers was for Congress to pass a bill.

I'm certainly not saying Trump is anything other than a deplorable record in regards to the truth. What I was saying, is that his complaints about the press are well founded, and the coverage of him is unprecedented, including actual lies. You see, if a person is not a partisan hack, they can accept the fact that even though Trump lies, so does the press. When you stop having a "side", in every matter, you will see the world more clearly, I assure you.

Past reporters would have eaten Trump for breakfast; I could not agree more. But, I'm not sure Cronkite is as good of an example of a driving questioner, as he is of an honest media person. He would not have made up lies. He would have known there is PLENTY of fodder to be critical of Trump over, without just making shit up.

Deleted
    So, basically, as long as he doesn't attack the people he agrees with, he isn't attacking the free press. Are you kidding me?
    Are you kidding ME? Did he list the Washingtion Post, LA Times, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Clevland Plains Dealer, the Chichago tribune, etc?

NO. And they trash him every day.

He was being SPECIFIC to FIVE OUTLETS.

FIVE OUTLETS =/= the entirety of the free press.

Your extreme hatred for Trump causes you to extrapolate on what he says and draw conclusions that are just plain false.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-02-21 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding ME? Did he list the Washingtion Post, LA Times, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Clevland Plains Dealer, the Chichago tribune, etc?

Probably because Twitter only has 140 characters.
    He deleted his old tweet to try an fit in more.

I guess critical thinking must be hard, since we know his ire isn't reserved to those 5.
    There's that Jewish paper that he openly insulted during his Press Conference. And the AA Tribune he was hyper-condescending/casually racist to.
    The list goes on. He just listed the big ones. But don't let facts get in the way of your outrage.

Just to let you know though, not being entirely dishonest in every conversation feels really good. You might want to try it.

I gave you the opinion of Alan Dershowitz. If you think YOU know more than he does, that is laughable. But, it doesn't take a legal expert to understand what happened. The judiciary has every right to challenge the legality of a presidential order. What they most certainly DO NOT have, is the right to challenge the WISDOM of the EO. And that is exactly what they did. They did not cite the law that gives him sweeping powers in this arena, they did not cite any law that he or the order was in violation of. What they said was, prove to us why these 7 nations should be chosen over others. They do not have that right, and if Trump takes this case, as is, to the SCOTUS, he will win 8-0, because even though they have their bias, they would never taint their legacy with such a poor decision, that is based in no legal standing.
    Funny, then, that he's bailing on the EO and making a new one. Guess he's not as confident as you are.

It was ONE judge, and the one judge was appointed by a Republican....AS A DEAL TO GET PATTY MURRAYS VOTE ON A BILL. Get real already.
    Prove it. And TWO judges; the other one was on the 9th Circuit, which I will remind you was a 3-0 ruling.

The Obama quote is in reference to the notion that the only way to control how a president handles immigration, is via the judiciary. If Congress, or anyone else, wants to remove the SWEEPING powers the president has in regards to immigration, the intended solution by our framers was for Congress to pass a bill.
    And my post originally had nothing to do with immigration, so there was no reason to put that under my quote.

I'm certainly not saying Trump is anything other than a deplorable record in regards to the truth. What I was saying, is that his complaints about the press are well founded, and the coverage of him is unprecedented, including actual lies. You see, if a person is not a partisan hack, they can accept the fact that even though Trump lies, so does the press. When you stop having a "side", in every matter, you will see the world more clearly, I assure you.
    Yeah, you're woke AF. So go ahead, point out all these lies. These alternative facts. These facts the White House can disagree with. The leaks are real, but the news is fake, and all that. And make sure that they're outright lies rather than mistakes. Let's tally them up.

He isn't right, he has to resort to twitter attacks because neither he nor his administration can't even muster up a legitimate defense of their policies. This isn't showing strength or putting liberals in their place, he's just whining because people are asking him not even hard questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why the leaks? If they are so open and actually have truthful answers to their inquiries, why are people in the administration coming to the press?????????
    I don't follow your point. The leaks are clearly from people who do not support the president. Why is there an assumption of patriotism, instead of political bias??

Your extreme hatred for Trump causes you to extrapolate on what he says and draw conclusions that are just plain false.
    Your extreme love for Trump causes you to blindly ignore facts.

Here's how it works. If Trump, as President, tries to diminish or shut down any media organization, it's an attack on the free press as a whole. It doesn't matter if it's the school newspaper from Podunk, NJ. Free speech means everyone is exempt from governmental control over their message. Trump can defend himself - if he can - from specific accusations, but as soon as he starts calling news organizations 'fake news' categorically, he's attacking the free press.

Funny, then, that he's bailing on the EO and making a new one. Guess he's not as confident as you are.

Prove it. And TWO judges; the other one was on the 9th Circuit, which I will remind you was a 3-0 ruling.

And my post originally had nothing to do with immigration, so there was no reason to put that under my quote.

Yeah, you're woke AF. So go ahead, point out all these lies. These alternative facts. These facts the White House can disagree with. The leaks are real, but the news is fake, and all that. And make sure that they're outright lies rather than mistakes. Let's tally them up.
    I did not say the EO was without issue, only that the basis for the challenge was nonsense. Because the judicial decision is so poor, yes Trump can just issue a new order that puts the clarity proved at a later date (that EO does not apply to visas or prior visitors), in to the actual EO, thereby negating the issues raised by the judiciary.

If you are propping up the 9th Circus, as anything more than the most liberal, most fanatical, most over turned district court, you are doing yourself a disservice.

I'm sorry but, if you think the press is 100% honest and 100% unbiased, you are just living in a fantasy world. Humans lie. Humans with big megaphones are not immune to this phenomena, by virtue of having a louder voice.

If you are propping up the 9th Circus, as anything more than the most liberal, most fanatical, most over turned district court, you are doing yourself a disservice.
    This doesn't say, nor does it have quite the bite, as you think it does.

I did not say the EO was without issue, only that the basis for the challenge was nonsense. Because the judicial decision is so poor, yes Trump can just issue a new order that puts the clarity proved at a later date (that EO does not apply to visas or prior visitors), in to the actual EO, thereby negating the issues raised by the judiciary.

I'm sorry but, if you think the press is 100% honest and 100% unbiased, you are just living in a fantasy world. Humans lie. Humans with big megaphones are not immune to this phenomena, by virtue of having a louder voice.
    I'm sorry that you haven't learned to read yet, Tijuana. I guess it's easier to accuse me of idolizing the press than actually backing up what you're saying. Another thing you have in common with Trump.

As for the 9th 'Circus' (what a witty unforseen jibe that is)... most overturned? No. But the SC doesn't even address the vast majority of the cases they get from the lower circuits, so the difference of overturned cases at that level is less than 1% in any case. Most liberal? No. Apparently they've gotten more centrist with Obama's appointees. As for 'fanatic', that's a pretty useless term without some data to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    This doesn't say, nor does it have quite the bite, as you think it does.
    There is no intended bite. Just a statement of generally accepted truth.

There is no intended bite. Just a statement of generally accepted truth.
    You mean generally accepted bullshit. The general acceptance of the bullshit among a specific group of people does not negate the actual bullshit of it.

Woops.