Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    So because you linked a guild were they are literally carrying 3-4 players apparently you are right? What a fucking joke.

All that warcraft logs shows me is 13 DPS players that are all equally good and above 90% carrying 4 weaker players but still not bad players but worse than them, it doesnt prove shit.

The warlock did 60% log of his ilvl, at 560, means he is what? 200? 250K DPS behind?

The Paladin did 40% log of his ilvl, at 600K DPS, he is literally what? You guessed it! Way behind.

The Shaman did 8% log of his ilvl and he is wearing 898.

Too bad i can read logs and evaluate players and your "proof" means jack shit.

Guilds can work however they want, 10 DPS doing 40% more DPS required for the fight can carry 3 DPS doing 5% less required for the fight.

Pugs dont work like that, 1-2 DPS doing 30% more DPS required, cant carry 10 DPS doing 5% less , not on Guldan.
    you are tilted my dude

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    you are tilted my dude
    Nah, i just enjoy being right and disapproving plebs on here when they do selective reading and are also clueless.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Why? its so easy to spot people with fake achi. We just kick them right away.
    No you don't. Unless you go way out of your way to do it, and in that case you deserve to have to spend that extra effort for setting silly requirements. If you want to do that, you're entitled to, but it's not any less stupid.

Generally speaking the players who set obscene requirements aren't very bright and are easily fooled by fake achievements. And if they're willing to go out of their way to ensure that they get carried, they're super hardcore tryhards and that's punishment enough in itself for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No you don't. Unless you go way out of your way to do it, and in that case you deserve to have to spend that extra effort for setting silly requirements. If you want to do that, you're entitled to, but it's not any less stupid.

Generally speaking the players who set obscene requirements aren't very bright and are easily fooled by fake achievements. And if they're willing to go out of their way to ensure that they get carried, they're super hardcore tryhards and that's punishment enough in itself for them.
    Effort? Using addon = effort? :P
    Also, anyone talking about "obscene requirements" is clearly someone who wants to be carried and has NEVER EVER led anything in his life. Ya all stop whining and crying like babies for once, start your own pug and see how it is to actually lead one.

It's simple, heroic gul'dan and to a much lesser extent ellisande are quite difficult to do with pugs and as such people place "high" requirements to avoid trash, if you lack the achievement then maybe you should get it in your guild like everyone else. None is forcing you to only run pugs that require curve but if you don't then be prepared to progress.

Also sure, people with high ilvl and with the achievement can be carried trash/players that bought it but the number of people that are trash that lack high ilvl/achievement is far higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lets put it this way: if people have good dps and dont suck, that will never happen. Infact, ive never had something like that happen in over 14 guldan hc kills (and probably a total of about 30 tries). But of course I only take people with experience and that know what to do, and some classes in p1 can pull way over 1mil and even close to 1.3mil (like some ww, retrs, shadows). This is one of the many reasons why watching videos just doesnt cut it at all, you need experience to min max your shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at 879 you cant expect to kill guldan hc in a pug, period. I know i sound harsh but thats the truth. For example, my guild (5/10M now) did it with an average of 892 few days after NH opened... but thats a guild. In a pug 879 is just not enough unless you get carried and have everyone way higher than you. You need to get a lot more itemlevels for it.
    And that also explains why you dont see guldan hc groups: you are too low to see them on the list probably.

Same goes for elisande anyway... i wouldnt take a 879 for it, I think i wouldnt even take one for astro since it's a decent dps check.
    But I'm raiding normal, I have no interest in heroic.

Fake Achievement linking has been an addon (Or several, including GearScore plugins) since around Wrath, I think... They really haven't ever gone away, and people just abuse the shit out of them. One reason why I hate the LFG-Tool for Pugging, because it is so heavily abused.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    It's easy enough to check on the armory, so it's not really an issue.

That being said, it wouldn't be an issue at all if idiots would stop asking for Cutting Edge: Xavius for a +5 Arcway run.
    Armory has had database issues with updating properly, or within reasonable time. (Not all the time, but frequently won't update on logout.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

So because you linked a guild were they are literally carrying 3-4 players apparently you are right? What a fucking joke.

All that warcraft logs shows me is 13 DPS players that are all equally good and above 90% carrying 4 weaker players but still not bad players but worse than them, it doesnt prove shit.

The warlock did 60% log of his ilvl, at 560, means he is what? 200? 250K DPS behind?

The Paladin did 40% log of his ilvl, at 600K DPS, he is literally what? You guessed it! Way behind.

Guilds can work however they want, 10 DPS doing 40% more DPS required for the fight can carry 3 DPS doing 5% less required for the fight.

Pugs dont work like that, 1-2 DPS doing 30% more DPS required, cant carry 10 DPS doing 5% less , not on Guldan.
    How is it to have your nuts in a twist? You sound salty, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If someone is 895 in queue its unlikely hes 875 equipped since usually people with 6-7 legendaries have played for a long time and done a lot of mythic raids over time so they are higher level (im 920/903 equipped like you). But yea, itemlevel needs to be high because usually around 890 its always on average at least 10 levels lower, so if you want real 890s you need to ask for 900+.
    I'm 897/894, with only 3 legendaries. The unequipped one is the slot I have a 915 in.

ilvl parse 2017 LUL, you know some classes have legendarys that gives you 20% more dps EACH and those have the same ilvl as another guy with shepuz and prydaz, also you know something that is called stats weight and stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dionim View Post
    ilvl parse 2017 LUL, you know some classes have legendarys that gives you 20% more dps EACH and those have the same ilvl as another guy with shepuz and prydaz, also you know something that is called stats weight and stuff?
    So because someone ranks like shit AND has awful stat weights it's okay all of a sudden ? Or is it another red flag about a player being just not good ?

Sure, legendaries could be a reason why a 60% player isn't higher, but there's no way this would mean a 200k+ dps difference. I raid with plenty of "casual" players, playing with subpar legendaries out of the whopping 2 or 3 they got, and they still log higher than 60% ilvl. Sure they'll help a ton getting those sweet 90/95% parses, but they're not the reason someone logs 40%.
    And an 8% log player will still log like shit with the bis legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    So because someone ranks like shit AND has awful stat weights it's okay all of a sudden ? Or is it another red flag about a player being just not good ?

Sure, legendaries could be a reason why a 60% player isn't higher, but there's no way this would mean a 200k+ dps difference. I raid with plenty of "casual" players, playing with subpar legendaries out of the whopping 2 or 3 they got, and they still log higher than 60% ilvl. Sure they'll help a ton getting those sweet 90/95% parses, but they're not the reason someone logs 40%.
    And an 8% log player will still log like shit with the bis legendaries.
    Well you're right but logs need to be analyse carefully, I mean heroic logs are generally just inflated beucase of people overgearing content/ignoring mechanics/paddling

I agree to you a guy with 80% parses is good for sure, but a guy with 40% or 60% maybe just had a tought fight where he died/other people died, I much rather for pugs just see achievs and then filter the low dps IF we trully need that dps, because analysing logs for a good conclusion is time consuming.

I'll put myself on the wall and link my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...137750/latest/

Yeah I have some pretty bad logs, specially if you check our Aluriel First kill, I know some pretty good player who got a whopping 8% there, I also have some pretty bad logs on trilliax / guldan just beucase I helped with alot of mechanics, I consider myself better than most players on my raid who got better parses. logs are really good, but not just a "look and judge" tool, IMO.

But I agree with what you said for it being a good tool to measure skill, I just dont think you can say the 80% guy is better than the 40-60% just beucase of that number, you gotta dig deeper on the log to see who is trully the better player

The people got that achievement because they actually worked hard for it and probably wiped many hours, its not like they were given it for free.
    As i said, there are A LOT of guldan hc progress pugs out there, if you dont have the kill join one of them and work to learn the fight and eventually get the kill.
    I have never ever seen a pug announced as a "progress grp". Sure, there are guilds looking for a few ppl to fill their guild progress raid, but a full on pug with the intention of progressing on a fight? Nope, played since TBC, never seen or heard of it.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Used a fake achievement for the first time ever this expansion for Gul'dan pugs. At least I actually have a real one now . Only one leader (the first group I signed up for with a fake achieve) spotted me. A few other pugs people noticed I didn't have a the achieve, but they weren't likely to kick their tank .

I always click the achieve imo. Also the best pugs leaders seriously vet on Warcraft logs and what not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I have never ever seen a pug announced as a "progress grp". Sure, there are guilds looking for a few ppl to fill their guild progress raid, but a full on pug with the intention of progressing on a fight? Nope, played since TBC, never seen or heard of it.
    Just typed progress into the LFG tool. I looked at the first 10 groups and 6 of those groups have "guild progress" or "progression, bring patience" or something like it in them and only 4 of them contain "wowprogress". Those "progress" pugs usually don't have ilvl req. Maybe you aren't searching for the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    I usually check everybody when i join and i'm not leader, and call out if somebody has fake achiev, if hes friend w/ the leader or the leader himself i whisper everybody with the achievement to remake a group and steal all their members // or i simply ninja pull to make it disband

If leader doesnt react and doesnt kick on the spot when its explicitly said achievement or no invite i'll do what i mentionned above as well
    So, your answer then is to intentionally cause a wipe, costing the group 1000's of gold in repairs, runes, food and pots.

Real fucking mature there tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dionim View Post
    Yes, blame the legendaries for a 50% dps difference.

That guild just has 3-4 shit players compared to the rest.

Man, these forums get worst every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Welp, I faked my achievement to get the last three bosses I needed in nighthold down. We had a few wipes on Gul'dan and two on Elisande, but otherwise it was easy.

Imagine my surprise when half the raid got the Betrayer's rise achievement at the end. Anyway, hopefully there'll be no need to fake my achievements to get into groups for the rest of this patch! I've proven myself now and the raid team is happy to have me along for next week.

I would never have had this opportunity if not for this add on. I'd still be picking teeth trying to find a group.

Deleted
    Yes, blame the legendaries for a 50% dps difference.

That guild just has 3-4 shit players compared to the rest.

Man, these forums get worst every day.
    Itemization can make a fuckton of difference depending on class yes.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=5&t=3635

You're honestly dumb as a rock if you think the ilvl parse matters very much, it can be fun to look at but doesn't tell much of a story.

Someone can be the same ilvl but have 25 more levels on their weapon and 25 less on their bracer compared to a similar player. Guess who will do significantly more damage even when playing completely identically? Shard of Exodar on it's own adds a good 10% damage on it's own as well compared to any other legendary. Add the fact that an 860 arcanocrystal beats an 885 whispers despite being 2 overall ilvls lower and suddenly you're looking at a huge variance at the same item level.

None of their players are shit, some of them had incredible parses on that pull though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Itemization can make a fuckton of difference depending on class yes.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=5&t=3635

You're honestly dumb as a rock if you think the ilvl parse matters very much, it can be fun to look at but doesn't tell much of a story.

Someone can be the same ilvl but have 25 more levels on their weapon and 25 less on their bracer compared to a similar player. Guess who will do significantly more damage even when playing completely identically? Shard of Exodar on it's own adds a good 10% damage on it's own as well compared to any other legendary. Add the fact that an 860 arcanocrystal beats an 885 whispers despite being 2 overall ilvls lower and suddenly you're looking at a huge variance at the same item level.

None of their players are shit, some of them had incredible parses on that pull though.
    I am not even sure how many times i have to shut you down before you stop, selective reader.

I was done with you when you said "Shadow Priests cant cleave in P1 Guldan" but i humored myself and bothered, i am done with you

PS. I checked their items.

I pity any guild that has to carry you if you think those two had "legendary" problems on Guldan, and apparently you cant do math.