Thread: Efi Oladele

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-02-22 at 03:16 AM.

I like her design, but a child? Hrmm not sure how I feel about that if she IS the new hero. As Widowmaker says to D.VA "this is no place for children"

Probably not, but speculating on why they are releasing this now, it seems likely to be a setup for something else. Im sure the interview has some 'arg'

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Probably not, but speculating on why they are releasing this now, it seems likely to be a setup for something else. Im sure the interview has some 'arg'
    "Argh not another arg" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    "Argh not another arg" ?
    or what they're calling for this one "arg for everyone"

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool design and interested to see where this goes but I doubt she's the new hero. Don't think they'd release a character that's a child to go and kill/be killed in Overwatch

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a new robot/omnic type hero that she controls and voices from afar

She might be the Abathur of Overwatch. Augmenting heroes to give them temporary bonuses, while being far away from the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    She might be the Abathur of Overwatch. Augmenting heroes to give them temporary bonuses, while being far away from the battle.
    that shouldve been Sombra since her cinematic and all...

sigh, another support? or I suppose we can use another defensive hero.

7+ Year Old Account
    people, the keywords being "inventor" and "resume of impressive achievements in robotics and artificial intelligence"

age does literally not matter in this case, she may just control a robot while staying behind in spawn, or creates a new AI we get as hero.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    She's more than likely the catalyst for the next hero and not the hero herself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    sigh, another support? or I suppose we can use another defensive hero.
    who says she's a support?

and even if she was, supports and tanks are the one we definitely need more of.

defense and offense can go cry in a corner for now.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Cool design and interested to see where this goes but I doubt she's the new hero. Don't think they'd release a character that's a child to go and kill/be killed in Overwatch

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a new robot/omnic type hero that she controls and voices from afar
    Kinda what I was thinking. If she's the next hero she'll probably be controlling a robot body from afar (so her actual self isn't in the battlefield at all.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Deleted
    I think it's the archival article and currntly she's an adult. That would make sense and it's okay to start New Hero's Sneak Peak with its backstory.

And she also may run with her robot-pet.

Deleted
    African child soldiers in Overwatch? Will Blizzard stop at nothing?

She's going to be the HotS hero Zerg that sits back in base and sends out drones to fight for her team. She'll just be more restricted as she will not be able to leave the spawn point at all so as to avoid killing children. The "interview" mentioned flight and robotics, so will probably be another airborne hero style. Would be interesting if it's a perma flight drone, albeit with height restrictions so as not to range certain heroes and be OP, yet can be somewhere between ground and Pharahs height that will allow some pressure on her a bit. Wishful thinking; but would be an interesting style. Maybe even a flight support style in the vein of Ana that she shoots healing darts or just "crop dusts" heroes for a constant heal she flies over. Think Lucio's constant healing but maybe on a CD for some burst AoE healing or even just on a constant rate like his.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    I like her design, but a child? Hrmm not sure how I feel about that if she IS the new hero. As Widowmaker says to D.VA "this is no place for children"
    They're legally not allowed to use an underage character, come on. They'd lose the T rating if she was in the battlefield. She's related to the new hero in some way at most. Also not sure why you're quoting Widow firing shots at D.va as if it's somehow relevant to an underaged character. (D.va is 19)

I am thinking a rogue AI/omnic of some sort that she has created. I hope its a new tank, that role needs some mixing up.

"I want to create things that make our lives better. And someday, my dream is to build something that can keep us safe, like the new OR15s! I think that would be great."
    Maybe still a tank?

Yeah, a young minor probably isn't the best idea to have in a war, even if they aren't directly in combat itself. Sets a pretty bad message. I'm going to guess she is just going to lead to the next hero but not be involved in it's combat.