Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Still nothing about this on the BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news

Could OP have fed us..... "fake news"?
    Seems like he misunderstood how parlimentary debates work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you put your politics above your own well being then? Why? Why lower yourself to his level when, it's you that suffers from that stand, not him?
    I can think of no scenario where not letting him come sit with the queen would harm me, or any other British citizen. Any rash decisions he makes would be mutually harmful for both the US and the UK - nothing would happen. He'd still come, it just wouldn't cost us as much, the queen wouldn't have to suffer his company and he'd probably get abuse hurled at him from a mob...

The alleged vote was on a STATE visit. Not regarding the petition to ban him from entering. Banning him from entering would be totally un-necessary, however I don't see why we should throw money at a billionaire and treat him like a king when he's nothing but an imbecile in a job he's under qualified for. His entire presidency is going to be like watching a reality TV show, you think not giving him a state visit would harm us? You guys just voted Trump in, your gonna learn all about bad decisions within the next 4 years.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-02-21 at 07:49 PM.

I've still no idea why people think Trump should be the starting point for taking a stance against leaders of dubious character (well dubious according to some). Have people any idea the long list of war criminals, terrorists, racists, sexists, homophobse and general scum of the earth the UK has sat down with? Oh and it's not just the UK who do this, every nation does.

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Actually every statement I made has factual evidence.
    Show it to us, in that case.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-02-21 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I can think of no scenario where not letting him come sit with the queen would harm me, or any other British citizen. Any rash decisions he makes would be mutually harmful for both the US and the UK - nothing would happen. He'd still come, it just wouldn't cost us as much, the queen wouldn't have to suffer his company and he'd probably get abuse hurled at him from a mob...

The alleged vote was on a STATE visit. Not regarding the petition to ban him from entering. Banning him from entering would be totally un-necessary, however I don't see why we should throw money at a billionaire and treat him like a king when he's nothing but an imbecile in a job he's under qualified for. His entire presidency is going to be like watching a reality TV show, you think not giving him a state visit would harm us? You guys just voted Trump in, your gonna learn all about bad decisions within the next 4 years.
    Your foreign policy is certainly for you to make, not us. However, considering you are more vulnerable, economically, than possibly ever, it just makes little since to provoke the biggest mall in the world, at a time when you want to expand your boutique.

I'm not saying you should get along with Trump because he is so swell. I'm saying tread carefully when dealing with an unstable asshole. Sticking your chin out may feel good but, when he punches you on it, it will not feel very good.

Your foreign policy is certainly for you to make, not us. However, considering you are more vulnerable, economically, than possibly ever, it just makes little since to provoke the biggest mall in the world, at a time when you want to expand your boutique.

I'm not saying you should get along with Trump because he is so swell. I'm saying tread carefully when dealing with an unstable asshole. Sticking your chin out may feel good but, when he punches you on it, it will not feel very good.
    if he is to have a bad reaction over this, I would be concerned if the USA is even still on a map in future. A lesson Trump needs to learn is that, he doesn't rule the world. And he is not the most powerful man in the world either, contrary to belief. He's a spoilt brat that needs to be stepped on. People are going to do things that he may not like, and he can't do much about it without causing chaos.

Deleted
    A lesson Trump needs to learn is that, he doesn't rule the world.
    LOL, yes he does.

And he is not the most powerful man in the world either, contrary to belief.
    LOL, yes he is.

He's a spoilt brat that needs to be stepped on.
    I think the Brits said the same thing about American independence.

So...how did that work out for you?

if he is to have a bad reaction over this, I would be concerned if the USA is even still on a map in future. A lesson Trump needs to learn is that, he doesn't rule the world. And he is not the most powerful man in the world either, contrary to belief. He's a spoilt brat that needs to be stepped on. People are going to do things that he may not like, and he can't do much about it without causing chaos.
    Wait, are you claiming some sort of superior military status? Are...are you serious? Are you legit talking military smack? Bring it on, limey. We will mop the fucking floor with you clowns. With ease.

You couldn't defeat us with a superior military. What makes you think you can do it against one infinitesimally superior to yours? You don't have the heart, and you don't have the shooting skills of our boys who have been using guns since age 8. Hell, you don't even have a ship big enough to carry jets to our shores.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-02-21 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If a public petitions hits 100,000 signatures the petition must be debated in parliament.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/help

The House of Commons often comes across as a drunken shit show.
    [video=youtube_share;qvIUa47x_Oc]https://youtu.be/qvIUa47x_Oc[/vid
    The guy in the black robe is John Bercow the speaker of the House, much criticised for his disdain at the idea of trump speaking amongst his assemble shitshower.
    I wish U.S. politics were half as entertaining.

Instead, we get Ted Cruz reading Dr.Seuss stories.

Are these those 'alternative facts' I've been hearing about?

Not just for Trumpers anymore! Well, I guess they never were exclusive to the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, are you claiming some sort of superior military status? Are...are you serious? Are you legit talking military smack? Bring it on, limey. We will mop the fucking floor with you clowns. With ease.

You couldn't defeat us with a superior military. What makes you think you can do it against one infinitesimally superior to yours? You don't have the heart, and you don't have the shooting skills of our boys who have been using guns since age 8.
    Don't bother, I don't think he realizes Brexit even happened if he's talking smack about the US. Let him talk shit from his mum's basement (metaphorically, I don't think there are a lot of basements in the UK). England is in no position to harangue anyone about political decisions.

EDIT: I don't want to sound like I'm entirely agreeing with you either. We had a number of British soldiers stationed with us when I was in the service, they were some of the most stand-up men and women I have ever met.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2017-02-21 at 10:28 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think you can do it against one infinitesimally superior to yours?
    You keep using words that you clearly don't understand.

Imagine my surprise
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    You keep using words that you clearly don't understand.

Imagine my surprise
    ROFL

That's obviously an auto correct error. It's a pretty amusing one though, so I will let it stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    You're one of the fukwits 48% to I bet
    Yikes, ease up champ, no reason to get so upset over the objective reality of the situation. The right-wing inbred turnip god-king lost by ~3 MILLION votes. If there was widespread voter fraud it needs to be investigated, but you should know that so far nearly every single case has been right-wingers voting multiple times for your favorite petulant child of a president.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL

That's obviously an auto correct error. It's a pretty amusing one though, so I will let it stand.
    Sure thing Tj
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I found this while looking for a headline on it:

Donald Trump a 'revolting slug' unfit for public office, NSW Parliament decides

New South Wales Parliament has formally branded US presidential candidate Donald Trump a "revolting slug" who is unfit for office.

Greens MP Jeremy Buckhingham tabled a motion on the business paper slamming the Republican, which passed unopposed on Thursday morning.

It said Parliament condemned the "misogynistic, hateful comments made by the Republican candidate for President of the United States of America, Mr Donald Trump, about women and minorities".

It said the taped conversations in which Mr Trump boasted about using his fame to allowed him to grope women "clearly describe sexual assault".

And it said the Parliament "agrees with those who have described Mr Trump as 'a revolting slug' unfit for public office".

Motions on the business paper are routinely passed in the Upper House, unless someone objects.

The motion regarding Mr Trump was passed without dissent, after Upper House president Don Harwin looked into whether the term "revolting slug" amounted to unparliamentary language.

"It is great that all sides of Australian politics, from conservatives to Liberals to Greens, agree that Donald Trump is a revolting slug and completely unfit for public office," Mr Buckingham said after the vote was passed.

US talkshow host Rosie O'Donnell, who has a long-running public feud with Mr Trump, has previously described him as "an orange slug".
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-1...-trump/7929456

LOL. They actually passed a bill for this express reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I found this while looking for a headline on it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-1...-trump/7929456

LOL. They actually passed a bill for this express reason.
    That's an actual real news source and not satire, right?

I can't believe how many people actuall fell for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's an actual real news source and not satire, right?
    It's Australia's equivalent of... PBS? Or maybe that's more like SBS. It's the main government funded news service, it's pretty much the opposite of sensationalist.

Oh, here's the BBC version:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37640336

ABC is literally the Australian equivalent of the BBC. Australian Broadcasting Commission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Still nothing about this on the BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news

Could OP have fed us..... "fake news"?
    I linked a BBC article on this on page 1 or 2, yeah it's fake news.

There's no good reason to deny the US president a state visit. He is a narcissistic buffoon, but that's not a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL, yes he does.

LOL, yes he is.
    LOL...the Judiciary Branch is laughing at you.

One of these days your boy will actually accomplish something beyond threaten an alliance that has withstood for at least a century.