7.2 class mount questions - (colours, specs & availability)

I've been trying to figure out what specs get which colours, and if it's at all possible to use another spec's mount. But all I'm seeing is conflicting information everywhere...

On the PTR I've seen Demonology riding purple mounts, Destruction riding both purple AND green, and nobody at all with the orange one. The mount journal states the orange one can be bought from Calydus, presumably if you've already completed the quest (all other class mounts also list vendors to buy certain colour variations from).

So who actually gets what colour? Can you use another spec's mount? Can you only get one mount, or all of them?

7+ Year Old Account
    All specs gets the green one at first.

In order to buy (with 10k Order Resources) the orange one from Calydus (at Order Hall), you'll need to complete the quest line for the green one, and get an achievement to unlock it.

In case of the purple one, I think you need to also complete the quest line for the green one, and then you can get a drop (I think it's 100% drop rate) by Lord Hel'Nurath at Broken Shore.
    Last edited by Kyoda; 2017-02-21 at 10:58 AM.
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

I thought the mounts were to change color depending on spec, or was that only the mage-disc?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinecleaver View Post
    I thought the mounts were to change color depending on spec, or was that only the mage-disc?
    This is just for some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoda View Post
    Yeah. For some reason (we all know which one) some classes like dk will just get 3 different colors for free, and then a bunch of stuff like pets/toys to unlock for 10k resources. But warlocks and paladins should unlock their mounts colors for unlocking FULL artifact weapon traits. 1 color for fully unlocked spec and I bet that after doing so you will be unable to use destruction spec color for affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Yeah. For some reason (we all know which one) some classes like dk will just get 3 different colors for free, and then a bunch of stuff like pets/toys to unlock for 10k resources. But warlocks and paladins should unlock their mounts colors for unlocking FULL artifact weapon traits. 1 color for fully unlocked spec and I bet that after doing so you will be unable to use destruction spec color for affliction.
    no, you can use each color as any spec you want.

was told that by someone who did it on ptr.

Deleted
    All specs gets the green one at first.

In order to buy (with 10k Order Resources) the orange one from Calydus (at Order Hall), you'll need to complete the quest line for the green one, and get an achievement to unlock it.

In case of the purple one, I think you need to also complete the quest line for the green one, and then you can get a drop (I think it's 100% drop rate) by Lord Hel'Nurath at Broken Shore.
    YESSSS THIS IS THE ONLY FUCKING GOOD NEWS WARLOCK HAVE IN A WHILE. YESS !!!

I can't stand the greenfire one, i'm fed up with "fel" indeed. The other colours are so much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, you can use each color as any spec you want.

was told that by someone who did it on ptr.
    See, this seems a bit suspicious. Death Knights, Mages and pretty much everyone else gets one mount per spec, but Warlocks get all three at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    See, this seems a bit suspicious. Death Knights, Mages and pretty much everyone else gets one mount per spec, but Warlocks get all three at once?
    It varies depending on class. Paladins, rogues, and warlocks get all of them (though the former classes actually have four colours to our three). DHs and monks get only one colouration. Mages, warriors, death knights, and shaman change with spec. I assume priests also change with spec (though am not 100%) and I don't know about hunters and druids.

I dunno why having the superior option is "suspicious", but I'm certainly not going to complain about it myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    YESSSS THIS IS THE ONLY FUCKING GOOD NEWS WARLOCK HAVE IN A WHILE. YESS !!!

I can't stand the greenfire one, i'm fed up with "fel" indeed. The other colours are so much nicer
    Are you going for the purple one? XD

Because the red one is going to take a long time to obtain it, since it's gated to an annoying achievement.

Deleted
    Are you going for the purple one? XD

Because the red one is going to take a long time to obtain it, since it's gated to an annoying achievement.
    wait what ?! why must you broke my dreams ?!! I like both indeed, so it doesn't matter. But the orange one is probably my favorite.
    What's that "annoying" achievement ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    wait what ?! why must you broke my dreams ?!! I like both indeed, so it doesn't matter. But the orange one is probably my favorite.
    What's that "annoying" achievement ?
    I didn't broke your dreams! :/

I also like the orange/red one!

The annoying achievement is this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=11772/power-ascended
    The 'Final Artifact Abillity Obtained' is the annoying part!

Deleted
    I didn't broke your dreams! :/

I also like the orange/red one!

The annoying achievement is this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=11772/power-ascended
    The 'Final Artifact Abillity Obtained' is the annoying part!
    yaaaay more grinding. seems legit. it will be another motivation to farm some AP. I must max all traits if i wanna be competitive in mythic raiding anyway so it's not that "annoying". I can't wait for the mounts, even if they are another demonic horses.