Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If they plan on actually undoing the universe for the movie Infinity War II...to me that'll highlight everything that has gone wrong with the comics when it went to shit in the 90s.
    Didn't they cancel IW2?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Didn't they cancel IW2?
    Its now un-named Avengers sequel.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

If they plan on actually undoing the universe for the movie Infinity War II...to me that'll highlight everything that has gone wrong with the comics when it went to shit in the 90s.
    What do you mean exactly by "undoing the universe"? Reboot?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is Disney will make Marvel movies till DC becomes a black hole of money to WB. At that point they will try to buy DC and go for a decade or 2 making DC movies before rebooting Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Didn't they cancel IW2?
    It'll still be a direct follow in to Infinity War, but they wanted to avoid making 1 movie in 2 parts, so they'll both be standalones, but tied to the same overarcing plot.

I doubt thats much different to how they originally envisioned it, just sounds neater on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It'll still be a direct follow in to Infinity War, but they wanted to avoid making 1 movie in 2 parts, so they'll both be standalones, but tied to the same overarcing plot.

I doubt thats much different to how they originally envisioned it, just sounds neater on paper.
    That's how I see it. They want to at least give the semblance of the first movie giving some degree of story closure rather than asking people to sit through a 2.5 hour movie then wait another year to see how the story ends. The first one will likely set up the story for the second one just with a new name. Same as how in the comics Infinity Gauntlet led directly into Infinity War which led directly into Infinity Crusade. I'm actually expecting the second one to be called Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    My guess is Disney will make Marvel movies till DC becomes a black hole of money to WB. At that point they will try to buy DC and go for a decade or 2 making DC movies before rebooting Marvel.
    In that case Disney will make Marvel movies till the end of time. No way the DC properties will ever become a "black hole of money". Even if the the live action movies continue disappointing and people stop watching them (although considering Transformers still make bucketloads of money, I find that unlikely), the DC brand will still be worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

that was always their plan. literally the only thing that changed was the name.

theyve said from the beginning that it wasnt a standard part 1 and part 2 that theyd be standalone titles so they changed the name to reflect that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What do you mean exactly by "undoing the universe"? Reboot?
    Pretty much.
    I'm thinking the timeframe will encompass business decisions that'll affect the comics...and I'm hoping they get their collective acts together (Fox + Disney), which in turn will get rid of this Inhuman versus Mutant nonsense and get us the mutants and heroes/villains we all want to see onscreen

Pretty much.
    I'm thinking the timeframe will encompass business decisions that'll affect the comics...and I'm hoping they get their collective acts together (Fox + Disney), which in turn will get rid of this Inhuman versus Mutant nonsense and get us the mutants and heroes/villains we all want to see onscreen
    reboot isnt happening anytime soon, neither is marvel getting their hands on x-men.

fox unlike sony get a percentage of all x-men movie merchandising. theyre already about to begin filming the next x-men movie
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not gonna happen, much as I dislike the DC live-action movies, they'll at the very least break even no matter how bad they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Not gonna happen, much as I dislike the DC live-action movies, they'll at the very least break even no matter how bad they are.
    There actually pretty profitable, MoS had a report budget of $225m and pulled in $668m at the box office, BvS was $250m budget/$873m box office and Suicide Squad was $175m budget/$745m box office.

The issue is that these aren't the smash hits that WB want them to be, financially they consider BvS a failure (and it undoubtably is) because it didn't break the magic 1 billion at the box office, whereas Marvel currently have I believe 4 movies that have hit over a billion (Avengers 1 and 2, Civil War and Iron Man 3). And then there's also the critical aspect to factor in, i'm sure we all like/dislike Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad to varying levels, but the simple fact of the matter is that there is no Marvel movie that has been as critically divisive as those 3 films have been.

Warner Brothers won't give up the rights to DC anytime soon, but I can definately see them rebooting the DCCU, far before Marvel ever decides to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel comics in the 90's gets such a bad rap, I thought X-Men was awesome around this time, the infamous Blue and Gold teams, X-Force and Generation X, as well as storytelling such as "Fatal Attractions, "Phalanx Covenant", "Age of Apocalypse", "Onslaught", "Trial of Gambit" and "Operation: Zero Tolerance".

I preferred marvel comics from the 80's and 90's more than now, there are way too many comics, way to many crossovers, and their big sagas always include hero v hero garbage.

I also feel there are alot of dead weight characters in the x-comics now, there needs to be another 'Childhoods' End', that's all I am saying :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-02-20 at 04:05 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Marvel comics in the 90's gets such a bad rap, I thought X-Men was awesome around this time, the infamous Blue and Gold teams, X-Force and Generation X, as well as storytelling such as "Fatal Attractions, "Phalanx Covenant", "Age of Apocalypse", "Onslaught", "Trial of Gambit" and "Operation: Zero Tolerance".

I preferred marvel comics from the 80's and 90's more than now, there are way too many comics, way to many crossovers, and their big sagas always include hero v hero garbage.

I also feel there are alot of dead weight characters in the x-comics now, there needs to be another 'Childhoods' End', that's all I am saying :P
    I agree all my fav marvel storylines happened during late 90s /early 00s. The onslaught saga was freaking awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    and their big sagas always include hero v hero garbage.
    Well... You're REALLY not going to like the next big event then . Secret Empire starts soon, and is going to basically be the Marvel Universe vs Evil Captain America with added Chitauri, because why the fuck not.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well... You're REALLY not going to like the next big event then . Secret Empire starts soon, and is going to basically be the Marvel Universe vs Evil Captain America with added Chitauri, because why the fuck not.
    Oh I know, if only you can hear the groans I made when I heard about it lol :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know, if only you can hear the groans I made when I heard about it lol :P
    I'm actually pretty hyped for it. The way they introduced it during Civil War: The Oath gave me genuine chills, and kind of made it seem like Civil War II was actually a prelude, leading up to this REAL event.

Like, CWII was just meant to fuck with people, mess up the universe and put Cappy in a position of power, to allow him to set his plan into motion with Secret Empire.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm actually pretty hyped for it. The way they introduced it during Civil War: The Oath gave me genuine chills, and kind of made it seem like Civil War II was actually a prelude, leading up to this REAL event.

Like, CWII was just meant to fuck with people, mess up the universe and put Cappy in a position of power, to allow him to set his plan into motion with Secret Empire.
    I don't even read superhero comics, but that makes CWII seem even more BS than the feedback I've heard, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't even read superhero comics, but that makes CWII seem even more BS than the feedback I've heard, not less.
    It's funny, since I stopped reading comics 20+ years ago because I was tired of one stupid world-shattering event after another, it just wore me out. Seems pointless when the heroes are just treading water for eternity. During the recent resurgence, I went through some wiki's to see what happened to some of the characters I liked, and it just got crazier after I stopped.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's funny, since I stopped reading comics 20+ years ago because I was tired of one stupid world-shattering event after another, it just wore me out. Seems pointless when the heroes are just treading water for eternity. During the recent resurgence, I went through some wiki's to see what happened to some of the characters I liked, and it just got crazier after I stopped.
    its because comic sales are kind of like smart phone games.

they rely on the few people who buy lots of comics, during events people who buy every spider-man comic for example suddenly buy 2 sometimes even 3 times as many comics so that they can stay ontop of the story and their favorite characters. it also allows marvel to crossover lesser characters or jumpstart new ones then those whales who wouldnt pick someone up might like them in the event and pick that book up when it goes to its solo series again.

if more people bought comics we would probably have less events and more focus on individual stories but its gotten to the point where they have to rely on them to remain profitable