Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    not that i read it
    You read it, but sure.
    Anyway it's not surprising that a LFR defender is a whiny child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    I was thinking: what about tier with no set bonuses in LFR? Would keep the raiders out for the most part but would still give the fancy set graphics to LFR folks; if you're not doing normal+ you sure as shit don't need the bonuses anyway.

Don't think it's necessary and I'm sure a subset of the LFR people would hate it, but it could be a decent compromise.
    They would still cry blood. They want the exact same thing raiders have for 0.00025% of the effort.

Normals are a real faceroll and drop better gear, go do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I know this comes as a surprise, but grouping with friends and guilds are the point of MMORPG's. It's co-op content, not scenic content. You know, the type that you actually engage on, rather than tag the boss and afk until the loot drops? Yeah, that thing.
    So the same as Normal and HC right? cause the ONLY real raid is MYTHIC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I would say that ignorant is the pov that thinks that just by grouping up you are automatically a raider.
    No ignorant are the sillies that go full out hate on lfr ignoring that without lfr there would be no normal/hc/mythic...

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Dear god but Rosetta Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So the same as Normal and HC right? cause the ONLY real raid is MYTHIC.

- - - Updated - - -

No ignorant are the sillies that go full out hate on lfr ignoring that without lfr there would be no normal/hc/mythic...
    Categorically untrue.
    If there were no LFR, there would be no archimonde cinematic in HFC, or Illidan cinematic in NH, but that's about it. Raids wouldve existed regardless. They would just have less story tied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Categorically untrue.
    If there were no LFR, there would be no archimonde cinematic in HFC, or Illidan cinematic in NH, but that's about it. Raids wouldve existed regardless. They would just have less story tied to them.
    Blizzard themselves has come out and said that LFR justifies higher difficulty raids:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts

So, this eithers means you would have lower production raids (simpler mechanics, less unique spell effects, etc...) or less bosses per tier. The video team is just one team that creates wow content. This comment implies all content teams for raids would be reduced. It's not just a question of story telling, it's a question of budget to player ratio.

They won't spend a lot of money on something a fraction of people will see. LFR means they can spend more money or raids, because more players would enjoy the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh another example of the instant gratification generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Blizzard themselves has come out and said that LFR justifies higher difficulty raids:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts

So, this eithers means you would have lower production raids (simpler mechanics, less unique spell effects, etc...) or less bosses per tier. The video team is just one team that creates wow content. This comment implies all content teams for raids would be reduced. It's not just a question of story telling, it's a question of budget to player ratio.

They won't spend a lot of money on something a fraction of people will see. LFR means they can spend more money or raids, because more players would enjoy the content.

You're making assumptions and treating them as fact. Also; lower production/cheaper raids? You mean removing things that cost money... like... cinematics?
    Christ yall are stupid.

Yes they won't spend a lot of money on (cinematics and story) that only a fraction will see. LFR means they can spend more money on raids (for cinematics) because more players would enjoy the content.

Notice that after LFR was introduced, a lot of keystone raids had cinematics. DS, ToT, SoO, HFC.

You don't get to call your self a raider if you do only LFR. Just like you don't get to call yourself a mathematician if you can only solve 2+2.

I have nothing against LFR. I do it on alts. I did it in MoP when I took a break from actual raids. I'm fine with it. I'm not fine with pretending it's an actual raid. It's not. It's simply so non raiders can see the content without pesky little things called mechanics getting in the way. There's no sense of accomplishment, no difficulty to overcome, no preparation, no planning, no execution. It's not raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If I can do normal NH, anyone can

It's time to understand that LFR isn't the end all be all, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    You don't get to call your self a raider if you do only LFR. Just like you don't get to call yourself a mathematician if you can only solve 2+2.

I have nothing against LFR. I do it on alts. I did it in MoP when I took a break from actual raids. I'm fine with it. I'm not fine with pretending it's an actual raid. It's not. It's simply so non raiders can see the content without pesky little things called mechanics getting in the way. There's no sense of accomplishment, no difficulty to overcome, no preparation, no planning, no execution. It's not raiding.
    Damn right. Also no need to schedule your life around it or have your ass planted in a chair for hours upon hours. Not like raiding at all, and im glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Can we at least talk on topic? Because I actually agree with OP, LFR should have all wings open at start, because - why not?
    It is to keep LFR casuals subbed a bit longer. It is soley a business decision.

LFR is the tour group of raiding.
    Blizzard waits for all the guilds to clear out the raid with machetes on Mythic, Heroic, and Normal.
    Once the path is clear and guard rails are set up they bring everyone else through.
    "And to your left you will see Star Augur Etraeus, please no flash photography as it well mess with his projectors, Thank You."

^ This all day, everyday. Twice on Fridays

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    It is not stupid, it is actually very smart. If they can get 2 months subscription fees off of the LFR tour guides instead of one per raid they make double the money off this player base.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is to keep LFR casuals subbed a bit longer. It is soley a business decision.
    this 100%, I said the same thing at the start of the thread but people don't want to hear it. It's all about extending subs, it really is that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 for you good sir, well said.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Because LFR is substandard, and people who only want to see the content on an AFK level are also substandard. And yes, "LFR-only participants" should have to wait. You're literally only interested in doing the content that requires 0% effort, and you're complaining? Wow.

This is a classic poster-boy for the angsty casual. Sucks at the game, puts in no effort, but wants everything NOW and gets miffed when he or she can't have his or her way.
    Project much? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to gate the content.

And gating it was to sate the whining of the allegedly standard raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Mathematician implies some sort of proficiency. "Raider" does not. Sorry, your argument blows.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    who cares if people get crappy tier?
    Blizzard does because those people that only do LFR are also the loudest voices crying "There's nothing to do!" Easier on them to gate the content bi-weekly that way those people have to stay subbed longer instead of just logging in for a week, burning through the extremely easy content, and then unsubbing by the end of the month.

Frankly, I wish they'd do away with the 4 different raid tiers worth of content, take it down to 2 max, and overhaul the LFG tool to make it a bit better. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not willing to put in at least some effort, you don't deserve to see the content. If you just want to see it without actually having to use more than half a brain cell, go watch a youtube video.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Mathematician implies some sort of proficiency. "Raider" does not. Sorry, your argument blows.
    Lol it makes perfect sense to gate it... all about the sub fees. Gating = extra month of sub'd casuals. Its about money. Its all about the money.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You straight up ignore that it is a business decision. 2 months of dollars or one month of dollars. it is an easy one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Project what? It makes perfect sense to me, maybe not to you. Gating of mindless content is good because the people who the raids are designed for get to experience them first. As a casual, which I'm assuming you are, I'd offer that's hard for your mind to grasp. Difficult concepts often escape the mind of the LFR participant. Besides, as others have said, if casuals had access to all four wings at once, you'd be crying about a lack of content.

His argument is great, in comparison to your dismissive one. You literally offer nothing. If you're going to shit-post, at least be interesting.
    See, it's the projecting going on that leads you down the judgmental path you've chosen. Frankly, my opinion isn't dictated by my current raiding status and it'd be absurd to suggest it did. But again, the whole "it's mine, I want it first" attitude is kind of absurd in general, innit.

I am pretty sure nobody who LFRs regularly ever cried about lack of content. Would that they gave a fuck about content enough to complain.

What more explanation do you need for "mathematician implies proficiency"?? The word "raider" does not imply a damn thing other than you participate in raids. It doesn't suggest what your skill level is, regardless of what raids you might claim to participate in, either. What part of this is unclear for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You straight up ignore that it is a business decision. 2 months of dollars or one month of dollars. it is an easy one.
    I'm not ignoring that at all. I think there are also other business decisions one could make to extend the life of content. Blizzard has done quite a few different things to that end. I'm sure we all have opinions about those methods. One opinion, as such, is that gating LFR content is dumb. Oh well.