Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Does it matter? You can't criticize people for claiming they're morally superior then turn around and ask them if they find things morally acceptable or not.
    i can if my goal is to understand the logic of why they believe something is or is not moral.

Instigator
    Agitator
    Inflammatory
    Incendiary
    Rabble-rouser
    Troublemaker

Please stop trying to normalize violence. It isn't going to end well for anyone.

Dylan Roof? Hello?
    It's pretty clear from context that @TITAN308 was talking about systemic level since they were talking about them getting power and the like. Which they did in a post addressed to you. One whole post earlier. I guess that tremendous number of posts in the meantime and the eons passed since then easily explains how you were unable to recall that anymore though. This totally isn't disingenuous horseshit. But hey, since that post of theirs didn't happen and they obviously meant things like mass killings, does the case of Elliot Rodgers make it a-OK to assault children of filmmakers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    i can if my goal is to understand the logic of why they believe something is or is not moral.
    Go ahead just know to question someones morals is inherently claiming your morals are more superior. I'm okay with moral superiority arguments I'd just like people to be honest about it.

And I don't understand how you can personally be upset about a nazi getting punched. From my point of view I find it impossible to hold such a stance unless you can sympathize with nazi views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Hate speech. Incitement of violence. Plenty of things to find on Nazis to legally punish them for. They kinda make it extremely easy. And if one wants to go the "the freedom of anti-freedom movements isn't be respected" route mentioned aplenty in this thread, then delegilizing Nazis like half of Europe did seems to be more sensible way to go at things than "lel, it's OK for people to break law in this case, moral highground all ze way!".
    Not sure if that is the best example to use, considering half of Europe was being invaded and people were in concentration camps at that point...

In any case I agree, legal steps should be taken first but my point in that post was that peaceful assembly for protest (which has been what MOST of the anti-Trump protests have been, despite the hysteria from the right) is what should be encouraged, rather than shit on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    And I don't understand how you can personally be upset about a nazi getting punched. From my point of view I find it impossible to hold such a stance unless you can sympathize with nazi views.
    Why would you not get upset over someone committing a violent crime against another? Criminals are scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's pretty clear from context that @TITAN308 was talking about systemic level since they were talking about them getting power and the like. Which they did in a post addressed to you. One whole post earlier. I guess that tremendous number of posts in the meantime and the eons passed since then easily explains how you were unable to recall that anymore though. This totally isn't disingenuous horseshit. But hey, since that post of theirs didn't happen and they obviously meant things like mass killings, does the case of Elliot Rodgers make it a-OK to assault children of filmmakers?
    What in the fuck are you going on about? Elliot Rodgers was scum too. I'm replying to multiple people so please forgive me forum master if I miss a few. What do you want me to address? Pretty sure I talked more about Dylan Roof and white supremacy and their ideals and things they advocate.

Still confused about the elliot rodgers bit. Biggest false equivalency I've seen in a minute.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-02-21 at 10:23 PM.

Go ahead just know to question someones morals is inherently claiming your morals are more superior. I'm okay with moral superiority arguments I'd just like people to be honest about it.
    oh i do think im morally superior to someone who thinks its ok to randomly attack people who pose no actually threat to them. i should have made that clearer. i just don't think that gives me the right to then punch them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You can see the people who after Kristallnacht would have just been telling people to calm, they're only taking care of the Bolshevik threat.
    That totally occurred in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Why would you not get upset over someone committing a violent crime against another? Criminals are scum.
    I find it more strange if you can't understand where the puncher is coming from. I think nazis are scum.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it more strange if you can't understand where the puncher is coming from. I think nazis are scum.
    I can understand where they are coming from, doesn't make it acceptable or any less scummy if you're not defending yourself. If you're the instigator then you are the scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i do think im morally superior to someone who thinks its ok to randomly attack people who pose no actually threat to them. i should have made that clearer. i just don't think that gives me the right to then punch them in the face.
    It doesn't give you the right, that's why we have assault laws. But I'm not going to be shocked or outraged when someone who advocates for race supremacy and genocide is assaulted. Both will pay the price for their actions be it through a banged up face or jail time.

For me, personally, it's less about the "Nazi" and more about the idea that people will become accustomed to punching people they disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    I don't think some people realize that this whole punching people for their abhorrent ideas thing is a two way street. Punches and other violent acts will start being tossed the other way eventually. That and the whole "what if they're poisoning the minds of children!!!" argument that came up earlier....by that logic I should be punching fundamentialist religious folks. Or people who say that tomatoes actually taste good :P
    Thank god someone gets it.

Eventually, since anarchists seem to be pretty liberal in their interpretation of who is a fascist and who's not (wasn't it recently that they threatened to punch libertarians as well?), people are eventually going to start carrying firearms and other weapons to defend themselves...is this really a road we want to go down?

Edited: Actually this was a misquote, disregard.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-02-23 at 02:37 PM.

We are talking about Nazis here. Being able to confront them non-violently and drown them out with free speech is a luxury we can afford because they are a small, despised minority.

If they cease to be small and cease to be despised, that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Because those doing the punching are labeling anyone that doesn't agree with them as nazi's
    How unfair of us to assume a man handing out fliers labelled "American Nazi Party" is a Nazi.

It's political correctness gone mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

because it has a greater impact then just the two people involved, it leads to a normalization of violence as a political tool, it erodes the moral high ground of those on the left that i might otherwise agree with and it may even be counter productive and help spread nazisim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I can understand where they are coming from, doesn't make it acceptable or any less scummy if you're not defending yourself. If you're the instigator then you are the scum.
    Then what is the point of asking. It's a crime, the police will do their job. I'm not going to protest his arrest or demand him get special treatment. I'm not a cop, I have nothing to do with his his crime is handled.

I'm just a guy that sees a video of a nazi getting punched on youtube and goes "deserved it".