Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Devils Advocate: And a punch will? Or will it you know... fuel their hatred and expand it?
    Well...I'd say that if he's already at the point of preaching extermination of X...I don't really know if a little more hate is really going to make difference.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, force is the only thing that the Nazi's listened to last time. So why not give it another go? : D
    We weren't punching them, we were eliminating them. There is a big difference. Someone can't get more mad or more desperate when they are dead.

So that begs the question, do you approve of neo-nazi homicide when they hand out pamphlets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well...I'd say that if he's already at the point of preaching extermination of X...I don't really know if a little more hate is really going to make difference.
    Meh as others have pointed out, they are probably all talk and no game. That is until possibly at some point the right buttons are pushed. Then we end up with shit faces like Dylan Roof, those desperate enough to enact their perverted cosplay.

I'd say in this case preaching and attempting makes for a monumental difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    If you punch people that are not attacking you or threatening you in any way you become worse than they are.

Muslims are handing out Qurans in vienna and spreading propaganda. I still don't go and punch them even if I think every last one of them deserve even more than punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's still an atrocious example and "what will our great grandchildren think us guilty of" hardly salvages it. German Empire was actively engaging in ethnic cleansing at the time and was in spitting distance of the Third Reich despite of what the coddled elite thought themselves to be. Sure, our great grandchildren will give us shit for destabilizing the Middle East and whatnot. But that is hardly a reply to what you quoted, i.e. "As a society we are so elevated above that I'll downright say its near impossible for Nazis to rise to any sort of power". The difference between things we will be criticized for in the future and Nazis is not even in the same ballpark as the difference between Second and Third Reich. Doesn't mean we're immune. But we're not remotely as close as the German Empire was.
    You're literally reinforcing my point here, which is hubris in our present superiority propped up as some kind of defense of our immunity to totalitarianism. The only advantage we have is that we can see what happened before us.

What do you think it is that makes us really so much more resistant otherwise? Democracy? Institutions?

Wouldnt anything nazi related be hate speech by default, though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying this trend, hope to see it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm interested to hear how you would deal with Muslims.

It's okay, you can lie. Don't anger your masters!
    I'm actually interested to hear about how both sides would deal with the situation if, instead of a Nazi, it was an extremist muslim.
    I mean...if we're going to play "whataboutisms"...lets go for it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Free speech. If you don't believe in the core tenet of Liberalism, then you are in fact, not a Liberal.
    I don't believe in unlimited free speech, no. And if that means I'm not a liberal in your book? No skin off my back.

I'm labeled as a liberal because of my stances on issues; I don't get my stances on the issues from my label.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Wouldnt anything nazi related be hate speech by default, though?
    Quick summary:

"I think everyone named Bob should die"

"I am going to kill everyone named Bob"

There-in lies the difference between protected and unprotected.

It boils down to how its worded.

I'm actually interested to hear about how both sides would deal with the situation if, instead of a Nazi, it was an extremist muslim.
    I mean...if we're going to play "whataboutisms"...lets go for it.
    Can only speak about myself, but I tend to not feel the urge to act violently when I see someone preaching about that, or any religion.

I'm sure some people would though, that's what we usual label as crazies and extremists.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because you make it sound as if it's just a disagreement.
    This are Nazi's.
    This are people who are want Holocausts.
    And...you disagree with wanting holocausts right? I would call that a disagreement :^)

Punching people is wrong, idc if he was a nazi, a muslim, a hindu or pro abortion. People have different opinions and while you or i might not agree, punching them is just something you don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Really enjoying this trend, hope to see it continue.
    It probably will, and I hope you'll be proud of your decisions when someone punches you in the face for your opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool opinion.
    The not engaging in violence, mocking them and arguing is reserved for the 'normal' conservatives.
    So you are saying that non-conservatives are people that are Violent, lack the ability for Humour and can't argue?

Cool opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The laws didn't change and the police, I can assure you, would have stepped in if they were allowed to do so. Bring it up with their superior who made the call to not arrest rioters. Nothing is stopping them from doing so except some harsh twitter words from stupid trolls.
    the point im making is that places like Schools and cities can be held financially liable in those situations where the police were told to stand down and people were injured. I'd rather not have tax money have to be shelled out under those circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    the point im making is that places like Schools and cities can be held financially liable in those situations where the police were told to stand down and people were injured. I'd rather not have tax money have to be shelled out under those circumstances.
    Really not sure what else to say. The city being liable for shit like that is more of a problem with our legal system and the ability to sue others not really a problem with our law enforcement or free speech rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if we are going to advocate violence, then why not just kill them right? Am i the only one that feels that punching them is only going to radicalize them more into their views, and may prompt them and their friends to respond with more violence in the form of shootings? If you ignore, or debate them, they aren't suddenly going to be elected in a Nazi Party and take over congress, they probably won't even be able to get a foot into politics. I disagree with what they believe in, but i disagree with a lot of things other people say, some of which involve violence, but i'm not going to go around hitting them. (Not to mention most on this forum wouldn't either, that is why the term "keyboard warrior" exists)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, this was done by a member of the "black bloc"? Good to know! I hope you're providing the details that you apparently know to the local law enforcement so that they can apprehend and question this individual. Good sleuthing!

On topic - I'm glad to see punching Nazi's in the face is making quite a comeback this year!
    Oh, so you know the identity of the members of black bloc? Good to know! I hope you're also providing this information to authorities!

I can be sarcastic about unrealistic things too.

On topic, I'm glad to know that it's the official position of MMOC moderation that assaulting people who are exercising their free speech is a good thing. Guess we should go take a lead pipe to anyone at BLM rallies right? I mean their message is just as bad and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Oh, so you know the identity of the members of black bloc? Good to know! I hope you're also providing this information to authorities!

I can be sarcastic about unrealistic things too.
    Except I never made any posts indicating I knew anything about the identify of the hero that punched the nazi in the face. If I had, I'd have high fived you for it though : )

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    On topic, I'm glad to know that it's the official position of MMOC moderation that assaulting people who are exercising their free speech is a good thing. Guess we should go take a lead pipe to anyone at BLM rallies right? I mean their message is just as bad and wrong.
    TIL being against nazi's means you're against free speech. Also, this is my position. Not sure why people think mods are some kind of hivemind or something, though that would sure make moderating a whole lot easier!