Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Every single person I know who is at least familiar with him/his escapades feels that he is a discredit to not only gays, but also to humanity (granted, as a gay person, many of my friends are also gay, however, not a single one - running the political spectrum, had anything positive to say)
    i'm bi, i like his trolling of the left. i like his sensible ideas on islam.

i honestly think he was bullshitting with this stuff, and took one step over the line.

sad thing is, this'll hurt the image of what happened to him at berkley. a legit silencing of free speech, and now all anyone will focus on is some edgy trolling he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I guess you can say I'm defending him.

I don't know enough about his comments to defend him.

Not that I would ever defend pedophilia.
    I am at a loss for words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    These hypocritical right-wing snowflakes need a safe space from Milo's mean words!
    Safe space... a liberal creation, for the purpose of expressing their misguided liberal view without fear of opposition, is now being used to insult right wing provocateurs? Color me confused.

Its a very long winded version of "No you!"

Milo isn't supporting pedophilia at all. He's implying that the age of consent should be 13. It's currently 16 in some of America, 18 in other parts. This isn't even remotely fire-worthy. He even clearly says in the video "Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody who is 13 years old and sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty, who do not have functioning sex organs yet, who have not gone through puberty."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm bi, i like his trolling of the left. i like his sensible ideas on islam.

i honestly think he was bullshitting with this stuff, and took one step over the line.

sad thing is, this'll hurt the image of what happened to him at berkley. a legit silencing of free speech, and now all anyone will focus on is some edgy trolling he did.
    Genuine question: Do you think it is acceptable to joke, or even troll about the acceptance of adults raping children? Especially on such a public level.
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Genuine question: Do you think it is acceptable to joke, or even troll about the acceptance of adults raping children? Especially on such a public level.
    Ask Sarah Silverman that question

Well, well. The troll's career might have finally met its end. His accent won't save him this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And apparently with the fallout from these video/videos, he lost his book deal with Simon And Schuster.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/simon-s...43157?mod=e2fb
    It had a lot of pre-orders, though. He'll probably find someone who's willing (and morally bankrupt enough) to publish it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Milo isn't supporting pedophilia at all. He's implying that the age of consent should be 13. It's currently 16 in some of America, 18 in other parts. This isn't even remotely fire-worthy. He even clearly says in the video "Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody who is 13 years old and sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty, who do not have functioning sex organs yet, who have not gone through puberty."
    When you're dealing with hardline social conservatives, getting anywhere within a mile of the topic of pedophilia is risky. Even a topic like reducing the age of consent to below 18 is crossing the line for many of these folks.

Facts don't matter, this is very much an emotional issue. This is the risk that comes with being an IRL troll/shock jock to piss off liberals but also trying to deal with hardcore conservatives.

Who the fuck is sarah silverman? How is that even relevant to my question?

Do you think it is acceptable to joke, or even troll about the acceptance of adults raping children? Especially on such a public level.
    If you fired every comedian who made a joke about a Catholic priest and a young boy, you'd have zero comedians left.

Who the fuck is sarah silverman? How is that even relevant to my question?
    What's your thoughts on these famous nevertrumpers? Seems like they allowed to make comments like this and no one cares. Not to mention Lena Dunham comments. Curious about the hypocrisy of it all.

Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-02-22 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    If you fired every comedian who made a joke about a Catholic priest and a young boy, you'd have zero comedians left.
    Except comedians aren't advocating for the rape of children...

Breitbart is the biggest snowflake website around. It's as much "news" as Fox is, which is pretty much none at all. They're just the Republican cheer-leading channel.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's your thoughts on these famous nevertrumpers? Seems like they allowed to make comments like this and no one cares. Not to mention Lena Dunham comments. Curious about the hypocrisy of it all.

You should absolutely start a fresh thread to bring these separate instances forward!

"But Sarah Silverman" is not a serious retort.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    "But Sarah Silverman" is not a serious retort.
    It was relevant because he was asking about telling pedophile jokes.

Now people are making this into a party issue? Is this real? Is this really happening right now?

Let me make this crystal fucking clear:

Anyone, regardless of their party affiliation, that advocates for the rape of children should have the same happen to them as yilo, jared or any other disgusting piece of shit that has happened in the past. This is NOT a partisan issue. This is one man, that is advocating for the raping of goddamn children.

not for me personally. but as long as someone's just joking around, i don't mind. i won't find it funny, cause i don't want anything to do with any of that shit. but if they do, have at it. it's not for me to tell a person what to find funny.

and as others have said, a lot of other comedians have done it. professional comedians. there's also this gem

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...24/902/036.png

which i honestly find disturbing, since she wasn't joking at all.

It was relevant because he was asking about telling pedophile jokes.
    No. It has nothing to do with dark humor. I myself have, and do find dark humor to be humorous.

IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT YILO WAS ADVOCATING FOR PEDOPHILIA.

Apples, to fucking oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    not for me personally. but as long as someone's just joking around, i don't mind. i won't find it funny, cause i don't want anything to do with any of that shit. but if they do, have at it. it's not for me to tell a person what to find funny.

and as others have said, a lot of other comedians have done it. professional comedians. there's also this gem

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...24/902/036.png

which i honestly find disturbing, since she wasn't joking at all.
    I haven't seen the Vagina Monologues, can you provide some context around that quote?