Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wait, I thought they changed it so the DK raises the storm dragons instead?
    What did I miss out on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    What did I miss out on ?
    The storm dragons part is for getting the follower, the Red Dragons part comes after when the DK gets their mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    The storm dragons part is for getting the follower, the Red Dragons part comes after when the DK gets their mount.
    Do they kill any named npcs? Or just randoms?

What did I miss out on ?
    Follower campaign: Deathlord raises corpses of Thorignir, slays an ancient vrykul spirit and kills a living Thorignir guardian (named, but we had never seen her before), raising her afterwards. Then they deploy their new undead aerial force on the Broken Shore.

Mount campaign: Deathlord investigates iceberg in the far north where there is the corpse of a long-dead red dragon. To absorb its power and raise it to undeath, they require an item that is kept within the (newly-rebuilt) Ruby Sanctum. At the Sanctum, the player can choose whether to kill the red dragon mobs or not. There's a FoS for doing so.
    Last edited by Ethenil; 2017-02-22 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    There is no such post...there is a post that says they aren't entirely sure about it, but they never really confirmed anything. Until now, it's pretty much up in the air. But ok, think what you want, maybe it turns out that you're right and he is dead.
    No that post flat out says it. This is canon right now, could it change later.... maybe, but they ultimately say it is current canon.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The raid itself has very little green and black in it. Its pretty much the first boss and the last two areas that only do.
    Average WoW player has a pretty big chance of not even stepping into a raid instance (yes, this includes LFR as well). So, the only thing they'll see in 7.2 and 7.3 is two nearly identical zones / questhubs.

I imagine Argus to be more like a mix of Hellfire Peninsula and the Broken Shore in terms of terrain (I know, we have that picture of Argus having some serious dose of fel), with the city of Mac'Aree being preserved in its full Eredar glory under a dome while most of the other settlements are utterly destroyed or deformed by the millennial long corruption.

Do they kill any named npcs? Or just randoms?
    Nobody named, but they are pretty much the last of the Red Dragon whelps. Killing them is optional and how canon the slaughter is remains ambiguous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Nobody named, but they are pretty much the last of the Red Dragon whelps. Killing them is optional and how canon the slaughter is remains ambiguous.
    Really hope it isn't canon tbh, seems kinda retarded and stupid to just kill the red dragon whelps when they probably don't even pose a threat to the DK.
    Also, it seems they just kill off characters / races just for the shock value now which is equally as stupid. Just like they killed Ysera.

Really hope it isn't canon tbh, seems kinda retarded and stupid to just kill the red dragon whelps when they probably don't even pose a threat to the DK.
    Also, it seems they just kill off characters / races just for the shock value now which is equally as stupid. Just like they killed Ysera.
    I dont think that kind of decisions would affect the story at all, just look in the 7.2 regardes if you choose kayn or altrius, but is the girl korvas which take a more active role while out "second in command" don't even appear outside of the hall and for a few class quest

I think it could be real interesting if during the pre-events for the next expansion in 8.0, the DK player returns to his class order from Argus with a few DKs, only to find the Lich King has taken over the Ebon Hold in the player's absence. Revealing Bolvar's slowly been influencing its minds to control the Ebon Blade, even when you were still around.

Even cooler would be if the Hold is besieged by the Silver Hand and others in response, with the Lich King making you fight them, until eventually they break his hold over you once more.

It'll be a nice way to get some resolution and further the story. Also the fight can kill off enough people for Blizz to reduce the importance of the Class Orders again, if they wish those not to have a big role in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    @Veluren

I feel what you're saying I really do. Getting invested in a fantasy world is not uncommon for me, either.

Let me try to help you:
    First, consider the cosmos, the countless worlds the Burning Legion has destroyed, all the civilizations and species lost to the Burning Crusade. And yet here we are on Azeroth vanquishing them time and again. It makes me feel, sometimes, that we are overpowered as characters.
    However, the near-extinction of dragonkind shows us the true horror brought by Sargeras and the Old Gods: from Neltharion's madness to the Ebon Blade. Yes, the Ebon Blade is also a byproduct of the Legion's influence, since the Scourge was their creation. The Helm of Domination is a Nathrezim artifact.
    So think about this when you fight the Legion, think about everything that has died to them, including that which is dear to you, dragonkind.
    I believe this makes the threat of the Legion and our hatred towards them all the more real.

And trust that Blizzard will let death knights be accountable for what they've done eventually - blast them with tweets, if need be.

And secondly, remember that they are not yet extinct - none of the dragonflights are, for that matter. Wrathion and Ebyssian will yet have a role to play for the black dragonflight, possibly interacting with the black dragons that may yet live in Outland.
    The green dragonflight, although having lost its leader, is still in large number as they live in the Dream and on Azeroth. Furthermore, due to the nature of the Dream, even the slain such as Ysera can still be reached.
    The Blues are in small number but still active. Remember, we successfully saved Senegos. As long as the leylines of Azsuna remain undisturbed, he will remain alive. Plus, there are a fair number of dragons around him. Kalecgos, for one, has a very active role in the world. Azuregos protects the Nexus.
    As for the bronze, I would argue that they are the strongest of them all at this point. The Caverns of Time stand strong, and Nozdormu is still well. We do not know the nature of his future fall, or when will it happen.
    And we can see the red dragonflight will have a role to play in the neat future.

If the murderous version is the Canon one, will Alexstrasza in her wrath tear down Acherus from the sky? Perhaps. Even though death knights need a class hall in Legion, they probably don't for the next expansions.

And furthermore, there are yet Thorignir in great numbers.
    I kinda doubt that Alexstrasza might got enough power to tear down Acherus by herself, unless some red dragons may acompany her. Remember she is no longer aspect, so she lost most of her powers.

But now when i think about it. Why i got feeling, Alexstrasza may end like Sapphiron?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I kinda doubt that Alexstrasza might got enough power to tear down Acherus by herself, unless some red dragons may acompany her. Remember she is no longer aspect, so she lost most of her powers.

But now when i think about it. Why i got feeling, Alexstrasza may end like Sapphiron?
    Shhhhhhhhh don't give them any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

I would have liked that idea, actually. Make Aleystrasza your class mount simply because Bolvar wants to repay his skin modelling done by the red Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I don't know, I guess it just doesn't bother me as much.
    I do agree to a certain degree though. They have a boner to only make DKs, Warlocks and Forsaken do questionable things cuz 'class and race fantasy'.
    Paladins and Priests never do anything questionable, and it makes class lore boring.
    *coughs* yeah a Paladin prince wiping out an entire city full of his civilians so the plague doesn't get to them and they don't turn into zombies , yeah that's not questionable at all. Or the head of the priest order using a piece of an old god and constantly listening to its whispers >.>

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    *coughs* yeah a Paladin prince wiping out an entire city full of his civilians so the plague doesn't get to them and they don't turn into zombies , yeah that's not questionable at all. Or the head of the priest order using a piece of an old god and constantly listening to its whispers >.>
    Was waiting for a nitpicky smartass to remind me of the exception not the rule >.>
    If not Paladins and Priests, then Hunters, Warriors, Mages, Shaman etc.

Was waiting for a nitpicky smartass to remind me of the exception not the rule >.>
    Or questionable druids, so we can roleplay a druid that hunts animals for fun and chops down trees for profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Ahaha your profile pic goes perfect with the comment I'm just saying that there are exceptions out there , so they aren't quite as perfect as they seem - but generally yes, paladins and priests fit the 'super good guy' shoes best.This makes sense though , with them being warriors of light and all. Druids fit into this role as well.
    There's definitely been a lot of questionable shit done by hunter, mages and warriors though. They come off pretty grey to me in general, with each character having their own morals.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

I know people don't like Day of the Dragon but I always liked how in that book the Paladins are huge dicks to every mage, because using magic causes you to lose your soul in their minds.

Always gave the bright and just knights a kinda shadowy feeling.

You can't say that for mages either; from the Highborne to the Nightborne to mages that became necromancers, there are a plethora of evil magi.

Deleted
    Now Nymhrod points out factions that branched of from what we consider the core of most our classes.

Do I need to write out every little detail?

When I say that certain classes don't do anything questionable, I'm obviously refering to the player and their direct allies.
    I've never seen a druid player do questionable stuff, nor a shaman player. This was the whole point from the beginning. I agreed with the person whom I responded to that DK and Warlock players get all the edgelord stuff whilst for example Warriors spend their days proving their worth to Odyn over and over how honorable they are.

I swear to God, inb4 the next guy swoops in and says 'herpdurp sjemuns tit deu kwestjinabul stuv laik helpn Smolderawn come tjo powuh'.
    RULE/EXCEPTION.