Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

No ignorant are the sillies that go full out hate on lfr ignoring that without lfr there would be no normal/hc/mythic...
    That trope does not stick. Raids existed in the game far before LFR did. Also, 1 month subs don't pay the bills. Maybe thats why they try to extend it to 2 months eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Blizzard does because those people that only do LFR are also the loudest voices
    Right. And those demanding LFR be removed, loot be removed etc are just "reasonable people".

crying "There's nothing to do!"
    Which is true. They do not want to raid. But Blizzard refuse to do anything else.

Easier on them to gate the content bi-weekly that way those people have to stay subbed longer instead of just logging in for a week, burning through the extremely easy content, and then unsubbing by the end of the month.
    Agreed. It is the cheapest option to justify the continuation of their, and yours, precious raids. Forget the others. Raiders are all the matters. Right?

Frankly, I wish they'd do away with the 4 different raid tiers worth of content, take it down to 2 max, and overhaul the LFG tool to make it a bit better. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not willing to put in at least some effort, you don't deserve to see the content. If you just want to see it without actually having to use more than half a brain cell, go watch a youtube video.
    Agreed also. Blizzard should get their heads out of their sands and accept that only a tiny portion actually enjoy the raids. Making multiple raids difficulties and shoehorning everyone into their raids is stupid.

So just give the raiders their raids. And give the non-raiders something else.

Oh, only X% raids? Then only devote X% of the resources into raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That trope does not stick.
    It isn't a trope, its a statement provided by blizzard.

Its almost like things change over time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Indeed things change over time. You keep talking about how LFR is what funds proper raiding, but this is not the case anymore. Blizzard said this way back when normal+ raids had a very low participation rate, before normal mode was changed to be much easier than heroic with less mechanics, and also before the premade groups tool was added.

Participation for normal+ raids is WAY higher now than it was back when blizzard said that LFR is what justifies big raids, so get out of here with that bullshit.

Deleted

I am pretty sure that even if LFR were removed that raids would continue to happen. It's LFR that needs to justify it's existance next to 3 other difficulty levels. Hey... at least its good for gearing alts. It's still a crap experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Indeed things change over time. You keep talking about how LFR is what funds proper raiding, but this is not the case anymore. Blizzard said this way back when normal+ raids had a very low participation rate, before normal mode was changed to be much easier than heroic with less mechanics, and also before the premade groups tool was added.

Participation for normal+ raids is WAY higher now than it was back when blizzard said that LFR is what justifies big raids, so get out of here with that bullshit.
    Doesn't matter if normal+ raids have a higher participation now and also can you prove that they do?

Legion was the perfect time to remove LFR and yet they reverted it back to the MOP style. Actions speak louder then words and blizzards actions have proven nothing has changed since that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I am pretty sure that even if LFR were removed that raids would continue to happen. It's LFR that needs to justify it's existance next to 3 other difficulty levels. Hey... at least its good for gearing alts. It's still a crap experience though.
    LFR is the most popular raid mode and dwarfs all other 3 modes combined even in WOD when it was gutted to death.

Ya you are correct if LFR was removed raids may still continue. The budget and quality on the other hand is a different story.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im an elitist pos and i think 2 weeks between wings is a little much

Just do normal...its easy as fuck even for mega casual players, no disrespect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Doesn't matter if normal+ raids have a higher participation now and also can you prove that they do?

Legion was the perfect time to remove LFR and yet they reverted it back to the MOP style. Actions speak louder then words and blizzards actions have proven nothing has changed since that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR is the most popular raid mode and dwarfs all other 3 modes combined even in WOD when it was gutted to death.

Ya you are correct if LFR was removed raids may still continue. The budget and quality on the other hand is a different story.
    LFR had high participation because it was full of mogoloids like you that like free gear for no work.
    People that get 10% parses with bis legendaries, that sort of player

LFR is easy mode cruise control no skill needed to SEE what the bosses look like. If you wanna fight the bosses join a guild. HEAPS of guild only raid one or two nights a week

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    LFR had high participation because it was full of mogoloids like you that like free gear for no work.
    People that get 10% parses with bis legendaries, that sort of player
    Ya and NM+ has less players because people don't want to deal with asshats like you who insult everyone they can. Ever wonder why a small amount of the player base does NM+, Look in the mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    An extra month of even a few hundred thousand subs is nothing to blizzard if it causes enough backlash from other players. I seriously doubt they do it for that extra month of subs.

- - - Updated - - -

And a completely meaningless one in the grand scheme of things. If it pisses off enough people, a few hundred thousand dollars every 6-8 months (when a new raid comes out) probably wouldn't be worth it.
    However, there's no good gameplay reason to do this. I can see them saying "we want the endboss to die on mythic before we release him on LFR" but then... that's been done. So why is it gated if not for a business reason? Honestly, anyone into organized raiding has already seen Guldan die at least on normal.

The only reason they have is business, i.e. subs. From a gameplay perspective, everything should have been released last week.

My sub dies in 4 days and honestly I'm likely to take a break until well after he's in LFR, probably until 7.2. I could tag along on my guild's normal runs but it would be just that - I don't have an interest in regular scheduled raiding so even though my item level (870) is credible... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR "raiders" aren't raiders, just people who play an extremely watered down version of the endgame pve experience for free loot.

Ya and NM+ has less players because people don't want to deal with asshats like you who insult everyone they can. Ever wonder why a small amount of the player base does NM+, Look in the mirror.
    I don't care if a lot of people do normal or not. Less players generally means some vetting + higher skilled individuals.
    Actually, I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with scrubs that don't do damage, makes things a lot easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    No for 4 very important reasons, Warfoging, Titanforging, set pieces and legendaries. Yes LFR was introduced before 3 of those things could be obtained from LFR, and only for 1 expansion were set pieces not available from LFR, but those things are the reason why now more than ever that LFR wings need a staggered release. Even non hardocre guilds expect members to be farming available content each week to make their time in progression as soon as possible.

With LFR having the chance to award gear potentially better than Mythic gear, along with set pieces and legendaries, regular raiders having to worry about full clearing LFR in the first weeks of an instance being available is a lot of extra work. It also creates issues for those hardcore guilds, with RNG from LFR being capable of affecting world first races. By having a staggered release, no one is going to be able to complete a 4 set via LFR in the first couple of weeks and regular raiders don't have to worry about the extra time and pressure that would be required of them if they had to full clear LFR the first couple of weeks of a raid release.

By time Gul'dan is available in LFR, Night Hold will have been out for 7 weeks. Meaning even just Normal and Heroic raiders will have mostly already completed their 4 sets. Removing LFR as a requirement for them. As for the people who only or mostly raid LFR, it prevents them from consuming the content for the tier in the first week or two. That way they aren't sitting around going "This is dumb! Give us the next raid already! I have nothing to do!". All while the majority of players are still progressing through the higher difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Less players generally means some vetting + higher skilled individuals.
    Less players also means harder to replace those who stop doing X content.....

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not convinced. If that's the case, and LFR is what matters, why do we have the other difficulties? And... why are the other difficulties fully unlocked day one but LFR isn't?

This will be a non issue in 2 weeks stop bitching.....until next tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    LFR "raiders" aren't raiders, just people who play an extremely watered down version of the endgame pve experience for free loot.
    So what? That doesn't have a damn thing to do with the reason for delaying it.

DO you people just post shit like this because you're insecure? A kid? No one gives a flying fuck if you dislike LFR.

No its not stupid... it should be the way it used to be, no LFR - need a premade group to do raids.
    LFR is only harmful to the community... many people stopped real raiding because LFR lets them see the bosses anyway, so on realms that were already low pop are now struggling for recruits. I remember the days when the top guilds on realms had loads of applications and most were declined and only few accepted, now its the other way around...
    And its not an excuse to have jobs... many people in my guild too have jobs and they raid well only 3 days a week, top of the connected realm in mythic kills. You dont need to sacrifice real life to raid anymore.

My mythic guild also cant let go of anyone, we cant just kick people because they dont perform well enough... we dont have replacements and only getting like a couple applications a month at best. So have to go with what we have... bosses do eventually die but then theres also some players who are almost always late on raids... yet again, cant kick them because there are not enough recruits.

if LFR went away... it would surely put people back into the raiding mood and they would seek out guilds to raid with.