Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So what? That doesn't have a damn thing to do with the reason for delaying it.

DO you people just post shit like this because you're insecure? A kid? No one gives a flying fuck if you dislike LFR.
    Nor have I any sympathy for those who cry about LFR's staggered release or petty people like you who jump straight to insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then LFG isn't grouping ether since its random strangers.

Like I said, The mental gymnastics people like you do is fucken amazing.
    do you consider getting on a bus a group activity, or are you just commuting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    do you consider getting on a bus a group activity, or are you just commuting?
    Let's go with that metaphor.

I take it you'd call the folks who hold those bus passes that debit directly from your bank account as real bus riders.

People paying with cash to only ride here and there aren't even really riding the bus.

Personally I have to research the gul'dan fight a bit more before i'm ready for it anyway, so i'm ok with this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Let's go with that metaphor.

I take it you'd call the folks who hold those bus passes that debit directly from your bank account as real bus riders.

People paying with cash to only ride here and there aren't even really riding the bus.
    Nope, I'd say that people who carpool are the ones who group to commute, since they put in a tiny bit of effort.
    LFR is like owning a car and taking the bus, because you are too lazy to drive yourself or put in the effort to carpool.

LFR Shouldn't exist.
    Stop whining and actually play the game.
    It's bad enough there's LFR because Blizzard has to cater to those who aren't good.
    Weren't dungeons enough?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'd say that people who carpool are the ones who group to commute, since they put in a tiny bit of effort.
    LFR is like owning a car and taking the bus, because you are too lazy to drive yourself or put in the effort to carpool.
    So, I suppose riding the bus isn't even commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You do know you can go form a group on raid it on all 3 of the difficulties you mentioned right? You know what you are getting when you exclusively raid LFR.
    It's just like not buying the Early Enlister edition of a game or the Season Pass that gives you 1 month early access.

You know ahead of time what you are getting, so stop crying.
    But all the groups I want to join (that have intentions of full clearing) want me to have similar experience, and gear! What am I supposed to do? Actually progress through the content with other people of similar experience? Now that's just crazy!

/sarcasm

So, I suppose riding the bus isn't even commuting.
    It's commuting (doing an instance) but it's not a group activity (raiding)

I.E, in LFR, you are technically in a raid instance (arguable since you have a whole bunch of locked doors that do not exist otherwise), but you aren't actually raiding (guided tour with basically no chance of failure)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's commuting (doing an instance) but it's not a group activity (raiding)

I.E, in LFR, you are technically in a raid instance (arguable since you have a whole bunch of locked doors that do not exist otherwise), but you aren't actually raiding (guided tour with basically no chance of failure)
    Wowzers. So, what are you doing in the raid instance then? What is this action called?

Wowzers. So, what are you doing in the raid instance then? What is this action called?
    Doing an instance.
    PvE-ing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like having content to do keeps people playing...

Some stop at LFR, Some stop at NM and others won't stop until mythic. Its to cater to many play styles, After all there is millions of people playing this game.
    But, LFR is the lion share right? Why cater to the 5% lets say? Don't you think that the development time spent creating more mechanics and balancing for other difficulties that so few people play make little sense and could be used to make more LFR raids? And on the topic of quality, LFR uses less mechanics. Doesn't it actually mean the raid has less quality than other difficulties? How does this make sense if LFR is the important part? Why go the extra mile for those 5%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal. You can do Normal.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing an instance.
    PvE-ing.
    It seems that an actual word to call this behavior is elusive.

Raids, dungeons, and scenarios are all instances. I hope I don't need to go into what an instanced zone is, so let's assume you know why they are called instances. Doing an instance can mean any of those things.

So if LFR is an instance, then we break it down further to see what kind of instance it is.

In World of Warcraft, groups above 5 are considered raids. This is most easily indicated by the group type automatically shifting to Raid when you invite a 6th person.

Since LFR can only be successfully done with groups of more than 5, we can deduce that an LFR group is a raid group. This is further reinforced by the fact that there is no other type of instance that more than 5 people can enter without also simultaneously being in a raid (ie. 5+ man scenarios are also raids).

Thus, while some qualifiers do exist, LFR is definitively a raid.

Sorry.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did find it kind of strange that it wasn't just 1 a week after Mythic opened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    LFR is not raiding.
    What constitutes Raiding for you though, since I see a lot of people say "just do Normal, it's hardly different" so is Normal not Raiding either?

It seems that an actual word to call this behavior is elusive.

Raids, dungeons, and scenarios are all instances. I hope I don't need to go into what an instanced zone is, so let's assume you know why they are called instances. Doing an instance can mean any of those things.

So if LFR is an instance, then we break it down further to see what kind of instance it is.

In World of Warcraft, groups above 5 are considered raids. This is most easily indicated by the group type automatically shifting to Raid when you invite a 6th person.

Since LFR can only be successfully done with groups of more than 5, we can deduce that an LFR group is a raid group. This is further reinforced by the fact that there is no other type of instance that more than 5 people can enter without also simultaneously being in a raid (ie. 5+ man scenarios are also raids).

Thus, while some qualifiers do exist, LFR is definitively a raid.

Sorry.
    Nope.
    It lacks the coordination to be considered as such.
    It's not a raid, it's not raiding.
    It's being forced to hold hands in a watered down version of a raid instance.

I'm sorry that this triggers you so.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR in 2017 :c

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I did find it kind of strange that it wasn't just 1 a week after Mythic opened.

- - - Updated - - -

What constitutes Raiding for you though, since I see a lot of people say "just do Normal, it's hardly different" so is Normal not Raiding either?
    Normal is easy, but it isn't LFR. There are things that you can do in a raid such as actively invite/remove people, for instance, that are not present. I know lfr players want to feel legit, but they aren't and never will be :/

Another thing a raid can do: choose to do content. You can choose in a raid to do aluriel > tich > krosus, or go straight to elisande, tons of things like that. You can't do that in lfr. Tis not a raid. It's even less of a raid than a random bg group.
    Last edited by Effenz; 2017-02-22 at 03:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    It lacks the coordination to be considered as such.
    It's not a raid, it's not raiding.
    It's being forced to hold hands in a watered down version of a raid instance.

I'm sorry that this triggers you so.
    It's both a raid and raiding. You can queue up right now, in the Looking For Raid tool. When you join, you'll notice you get put into a raid group and you also happen to be in a raid dungeon.

You also need to kill the monsters inside to get rewards.

It's a raid. It's raiding. I'm sorry for your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal is easy, but it isn't LFR. There are things that you can do in a raid such as actively invite/remove people, for instance, that are not present. I know lfr players want to feel legit, but they aren't and never will be :/

Another thing a raid can do: choose to do content. You can choose in a raid to do aluriel > tich > krosus, or go straight to elisande, tons of things like that. You can't do that in lfr. Tis not a raid. It's even less of a raid than a random bg group.
    You can do a lot of things in Mythic that you can't do in Heroic. And on and on.

It's a raid. Just a different kind.

If LFR is raiding then using bumpers at the alley is bowling.