Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    If LFR is raiding then using bumpers at the alley is bowling.
    It is bowling. Just like riding a bike with trainers is still riding a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It seems that an actual word to call this behavior is elusive.

Raids, dungeons, and scenarios are all instances. I hope I don't need to go into what an instanced zone is, so let's assume you know why they are called instances. Doing an instance can mean any of those things.

So if LFR is an instance, then we break it down further to see what kind of instance it is.

In World of Warcraft, groups above 5 are considered raids. This is most easily indicated by the group type automatically shifting to Raid when you invite a 6th person.

Since LFR can only be successfully done with groups of more than 5, we can deduce that an LFR group is a raid group. This is further reinforced by the fact that there is no other type of instance that more than 5 people can enter without also simultaneously being in a raid (ie. 5+ man scenarios are also raids).

Thus, while some qualifiers do exist, LFR is definitively a raid.

Sorry.
    i knew it! when i queue random BG i'm raiding!

It's both a raid and raiding. You can queue up right now, in the Looking For Raid tool. When you join, you'll notice you get put into a raid group and you also happen to be in a raid dungeon.

You also need to kill the monsters inside to get rewards.

It's a raid. It's raiding. I'm sorry for your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

You can do a lot of things in Mythic that you can't do in Heroic. And on and on.

It's a raid. Just a different kind.
    What can you do in mythic that you can't do on heroic? I'm curious.
    Also, it's not raiding, you aren't a raider. I know that it hurts but it is what it is.

Just go pug normal and/or heroic, they are both pretty easy to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i knew it! when i queue random BG i'm raiding!
    Er, no, but you are in a raid. Raiding implies there are monsters. But I guess back in the day, we did call Southshore a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    What can you do in mythic that you can't do on heroic? I'm curious.
    Also, it's not raiding, you aren't a raider. I know that it hurts but it is what it is.
    Er, there are entire phases of combat that exist solely in Mythic. I mean, that's part of the point of mythic.

It is, indeed, raiding.

Er, no, but you are in a raid. Raiding implies there are monsters. But I guess back in the day, we did call Southshore a raid.
    so Alterac Valley is raiding, got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, sort of. Sure. AV has widely been criticized as being more about PvE since, well, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Er, there are entire phases of combat that exist solely in Mythic. I mean, that's part of the point of mythic.

It is, indeed, raiding.
    no no no see that's not how it works, you still have complete control over your destiny/path in both heroic/mythic/normal. The number of phases in a fight don't change how a heroic raid works from a mythic raid. You can still kick, invite, do group movement, etc. You can't do that in lfr. It's not a raid. Yes it's a group of more than 5 players, but lfr is less of a raid than random bgs.

So yea, LFR isn't raiding. It's a guided tour for babbies.

Well to be fair even the game calls it a "raid battle"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Normal is easy, but it isn't LFR. There are things that you can do in a raid such as actively invite/remove people, for instance, that are not present. I know lfr players want to feel legit, but they aren't and never will be :/

Another thing a raid can do: choose to do content. You can choose in a raid to do aluriel > tich > krosus, or go straight to elisande, tons of things like that. You can't do that in lfr. Tis not a raid. It's even less of a raid than a random bg group.
    Would you say LFG heroics aren't Dungeons?

Deleted
    It's both a raid and raiding. You can queue up right now, in the Looking For Raid tool. When you join, you'll notice you get put into a raid group and you also happen to be in a raid dungeon.

You also need to kill the monsters inside to get rewards.

It's a raid. It's raiding. I'm sorry for your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a raid instance/group, but it isn't raiding. It's zerging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That trope does not stick. Raids existed in the game far before LFR did. Also, 1 month subs don't pay the bills. Maybe thats why they try to extend it to 2 months eh?
    Yup, Was posted earlier.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...03230542442496
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q:I have read posts that claim you have said LFR saved raiding from bean counters and the chopping block. I cant find this. T/F?
    Watcher:There are no "bean counters" -- just us prioritizing. Can justify larger raids, more art, when it's not just a few seeing it.
    There is a difference between larger raids and the continued existence of raids. Though with pro-raid or die posters like JT it is the same.

On topic. Seems if people really want to know why the gate is longer this time they would start actually asking the dev responsible for it rather than create another shit filled LFR thread. Although, that would be productive and rational.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-02-22 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsub until everything is available? Saves cash and really there isnt a catchup issue.

A whole lot is stupid about this game.

I don't think they care, it keeps their subs higher to spread LFR out since dramatically more people do it other than normal raiding.

It also promotes normal raiding, which I think they encourage people to do.

It is bowling. Just like riding a bike with trainers is still riding a bike.
    Sure. It's bowling. And I'm a 3 headed cow. Call it whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then LFG isn't grouping ether since its random strangers.

Like I said, The mental gymnastics people like you do is fucken amazing.
    It isn't "grouping"

You're essentially solo queueing up with 4 (in the case of dungeons) or 24 (for LFR) random bots of varying skill. They literally don't matter to you at all.

Mechanics in normal are no different than in LFR. Get your ilvl up to a respectable number, and pug that shit. no reason you cant this xpac. Only reason i do lfr is for the tmog variation in the tier set. till then i just do mythic dungeons, and wq's. dont worry, they upped the drop rate on legendaries, itll be easy to gear up for normals

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Sure. It's bowling. And I'm a 3 headed cow. Call it whatever you want.
    This guy you quoted though lol. Riding a bike with trainers isn't "riding a bike" it's "riding a QUAD". The whole definition of "bicycle" is the fact that it's got two wheels. Adding two and you're no longer riding a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Mechanics in normal are no different than in LFR. Get your ilvl up to a respectable number, and pug that shit. no reason you cant this xpac. Only reason i do lfr is for the tmog variation in the tier set. till then i just do mythic dungeons, and wq's. dont worry, they upped the drop rate on legendaries, itll be easy to gear up for normals
    LFR hunter tier is nicer than all of the others imo

Damn shame.... Shame shame shame.