Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep everything is a gimmick, breathing is a gimimck, living is a gimmick. That chick standing on the corner down the street gives gimmicks out for $50 a pop.........

Its like talking to a fucken 9 year old. I linked you the definition and explained it to you. You ether don't know basic English or just want to argue for the hell of it.

At this point its offtopic and derailing the thread so I'm done with it. Talking to a wall is boring as fuck anyway.
    You're ignoring my multiple definitions I linked back even giving you examples, while acting like words only ever mean one thing, and there's a differences between "gimmick" and "Business gimmick", and then you call me the wall...?

Just as a heads up, people have found the files for Breath of the Wild and are datamining them.

If you are trying to keep unspoiled, you might want to turn off your internet for a week and half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyaer864 View Post
    Just give me a much higher resolution, no motion gimmicks, and I'll he happier. *snip*
    What is that site supposed to be?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-02-22 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What is that site supposed to be?
    Don't.

It's just a spam bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Don't.

It's just a spam bot.
    I clicked on it like an idiot. Hopefully I don't have a virus now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The case is fine. It has to be large enough to have shelf presence and artwork to satisfy both the collector and the eye shopper. I mean, you could have a case the size just larger than the cartridge itself but that would be ridiculous now wouldn't it.
    The 3ds/psp did fine without such a waste of space, it's ridiculous how big it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    A gimmick is something that's completely pointless/useless and meant just to draw attention.

If motion controls are a feature, then they're not a gimmick.
    Doesn't have to be pointless or useless.

Yes, a normal controller is full of gimmicks:

-Wireless connection
    -Shoulder buttons
    -Trigger buttons
    -Analogue sticks
    -Headset plug
    -Rumble

Promoted features aka gimmicks. Not necessary, but not useless either.
    So when we use the word gimmick from now on, it will mean the same as feature, as long as it's not secret or just unmentioned by the product developers.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    are there any games besides nintendo games and party games that even support multiplayer anymore? even halo doesnt allow local multiplayer anymore
    Racing? Sports? These always used to be popular (not with me though).

Nintendo has done an unboxing ahead of their embargo lift. Classy.

A woman that doesn't understand the love of that new hardware smell? Color me completely unsurprised.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-02-22 at 02:46 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yet again, for a business gimmick, usually the defining trait is that it's pointless or useless. I don't feel like I should have to requote myself when it's a few posts after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, a normal controller is full of gimmicks:

-Wireless connection
    -Shoulder buttons
    -Trigger buttons
    -Analogue sticks
    -Headset plug
    -Rumble

Promoted features aka gimmicks. Not necessary, but not useless either.
    So when we use the word gimmick from now on, it will mean the same as feature, as long as it's not secret or just unmentioned by the product developers.
    Rumble is the only thing on that list I would consider a gimmick though honestly.
    The amount of games that use Rumble as a feature (like Ocarina of Time) can probably be counted on both hands.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The 3ds/psp did fine without such a waste of space, it's ridiculous how big it is.

- - - Updated - - -

what are you smoking? The case is smaller than the PSP

The size is perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    what are you smoking? The case is smaller than the PSP

The size is perfectly fine.

I specifically said waste of space not size, learn to read.

The size is ludicrous. Also you specifically omitted the 3ds because that didn't fit your whole 'the size has to be big to get shelf presence' nonsense.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-02-22 at 10:49 PM.

I don't know if that is their strategy, but with a bigger default case, you can fit more into it, like artwork or trinkets of sorts to go with the game. I don't see a problem with the "wasted space". You've already thrown out your dvds, cds and I don't think a majority of people anymore need more room for books either.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical book sales have been increasing. Nice idea on the trinkets...that'll happen.

I wish they put cool manuals back in the cases, but at the same time they could literally cut the cast in half and there would be enough room.

It's more than likely that they made a case that is different to the 3ds cases so it doesn't have an identity crises all over again.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Looks like GameStop is going to be doing a midnight release and they've gotten extra Switch allotments.

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Looks like GameStop is going to be doing a midnight release and they've gotten extra Switch allotments.
    Good chance they will have extra the fallowing morning as well.

Even if they run out day 1, I don't see it taking long for more to get in stock.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Gamestop always have non preorder allotments. They sell them in forced bundles for $500-600 usually with a crap game and some shit accessories that you don't need.

If you want a Switch on day 1 without a preorder do yourself a favor and lineup at Walmart, Target or Best Buy 2 hours before launch or so. You should be fine and you won't get dicked in the arse by gamestop scalping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    When does the embargo for previews lift? Thought it was 1 hour ago?