Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We need to start speaking out against this. Video gaming is starting to become a hazard.
    Better be careful, researching this in detail on the internet could kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    what ? the detective answered via discord?!?!! now way, that would be extremely unprofessional. too fishy for me, and the fact that there are so few sources reporting it is strange aswell. lets see what comes out of it, but if that is made up, it is very distasteful
    Why would they just make up the story about someone passing?

The police responded to an IM and then asked the person to call them directly. The police may have been looking for leads, like, When did you last see him online, was anyone else around, Did he complain about chest pains, Did he seem scared? Was he acting eradicate, Did he have anyone that would want to do him harm. Not sure where that is unprofessional.

The discord thing is fishy, you wouldn't think the cops would release details on discord, they would have asked the dude to call them or to go down to his local police station or something. However, i can see this happening. Sitting that long can lead to blood clot's among other problems, just have to be unlucky, even coma patients and the like are moved regularly to prevent issues.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-22 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The discord thing is fishy, you wouldn't think the cops would release details on discord, they would have asked the dude to call them or to go down to his local police station or something. However, i can see this happening. Sitting that long can lead to blood clot's among other problems, just have to be unlucky, even coma patients and the like are moved regularly to prevent issues.
    It's not uncommon for police to answer/reply to messages on a device during an investigation for a ton of reasons. Maybe they are looking for leads, maybe they are looking for a kin.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I read about this, his twitch channel is a memorial channel now as well so I do think the story is true. It's sad to see this, the guy was a good streamer and I hope his family can move forward from this. Sadly drinking/smoking and sitting for long periods of time like this mostly likely contributed to this : / RIP Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sitting 20+ hours is pretty easy. I've done a few 20+hour day gaming sessions. I'm guessing existing medical conditions, and probably drugs (maybe a cocktail of legal ones). Seeing that he was a smoker, isn't a good sign either.
    Doing it occasionally isn't as bad, as say someone doing it CONSTANTLY... Like the Korea kid several years back? Think he was sitting while eating VERY unhealthy for 3 days straight, on top of no sleep if I recall that story correctly?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Doing it occasionally isn't as bad, as say someone doing it CONSTANTLY... Like the Korea kid several years back? Think he was sitting while eating VERY unhealthy for 3 days straight, on top of no sleep if I recall that story correctly?
    Well, there are articles about where sitting is the new smoking, but that is over your lifetime and not something that should kill a person after a couple of years or even 10 years.

There were several stories about Koreans dying at internet cafes playing endless hours of WoW or other games. I might be remembering wrong, but all of them had existing medical conditions. Other stories talked about kids who had a mix of legal OTC drugs to stay awake they also died after 36+ hours. Dying 22 hours in, really seems like a short amount of time. Unless maybe he had been running on 4 hours of sleep for the whole week. Maybe in a couple of days, we'll hear more about the cause.

Well, there are articles about where sitting is the new smoking, but that is over your lifetime and not something that should kill a person after a couple of years or even 10 years.

There were several stories about Koreans dying at internet cafes playing endless hours of WoW or other games. I might be remembering wrong, but all of them had existing medical conditions. Other stories talked about kids who had a mix of legal OTC drugs to stay awake they also died after 36+ hours. Dying 22 hours in, really seems like a short amount of time. Unless maybe he had been running on 4 hours of sleep for the whole week. Maybe in a couple of days, we'll hear more about the cause.
    Even a healthy person with no prior medical conditions can get DVT but people who are unhealthy or have prior conditions have a higher chance.

http://www.webmd.com/dvt/deep-vein-t...e-you-risk-dvt

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We need to start speaking out against this. Video gaming is starting to become a hazard.
    Get right the fuck out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Healthy people don't die from sitting around. Clearly, there were other issues.
    They definitely can.

The entire reason that it's recommended that you not sit down for long periods (4+ hours) is specifically because of that. Blood clots and things like that can happen to perfectly healthy people. You don't need to be a chain smoker or drinker to have a blood clot from sitting too long.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little bit more curious as to why there was a police investigator at his house literally like 12 hours after his death. It's like he went to take a nap and someone called the cops.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a little bit more curious as to why there was a police investigator at his house literally like 12 hours after his death. It's like he went to take a nap and someone called the cops.
    family member or friend may have stopped by, seen him unconscious, called an amberlance.

also, if he gets up to smoke, he may smoke outside the house and someone seen him unconscious

Culling the weak. I'm not going to game for that long, and not take breaks (and fuck the wife/girfriends).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm betting it has something to do with sitting for 20+ hours, you can't do that shit.
    I have been awake for longer than that at time, wether for gaming, studying or partying.
    I don't think i have been sitting for 20+ hours, but is that really life threatening.

the whole story screams pre existing condition.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-02-22 at 07:49 AM.

Yeah sitting for 20+ hours straight is really not healthy, but I dont think this is something that occured just because of this night, this is probably something that has been building up over a long time.
    And not having the most healthy lifestyle either surely didnt help.

I wish he's family all the best.

Reading all these posts about sitting for extended period being dangerous makes me even more thankful to have my dog. No matter what, even when I have a day or two off and nothing to do but game, at the very least, I have to take him out a couple times, go for a walk or two, get him food, etc. Things I probably wouldn't think to do without him around. Helps keep me active even on days I want to do nothing but sit at my desk.

Deleted
    No matter what charity he did it for; the choice to marathon-game for 24 hours was stupid.
    I doubt this was the 1st time he did something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Over time it adds up, you can develop blood clots from long periods of sitting as well as other medial problems.
    Yep, we've all heard of the mass deaths of office workers and secretaries all over the world. Millions of them dying, because they sit up to 8 hours a day and then 6 hours more at home. If only we would recognise the danger of sitting and do something about it!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Sitting 20+ hours is pretty easy. I've done a few 20+hour day gaming sessions. I'm guessing existing medical conditions, and probably drugs (maybe a cocktail of legal ones). Seeing that he was a smoker, isn't a good sign either.
    It's true, but doing it regularly while being a smoker is very very dangerous.
    Having said that, If I suddenly stopped posting here, I have probably died due to the same reasons.

So he didn't die mid-stream but while he left the stream unattended recording an empty room?