Thread: Efi Oladele

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    TEEN
    Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

I think Teen rating covers it.
    Pretty sure it'd go up to M if you could gun down a child.

New thought, the girl in the interview is not the new hero or have anything to do with it other than an obscure name. Rereading it, she mentions wanting to "build something to protect people, like the new 'OR15s.'" I tried to do some digging on yahoo, nothing too extensive, but there's nothing to say what this is. Maybe Bastions model, though I doubt it, as Bastion was made for war, not really protection, but assault.
    So new idea is that the next hero will be another Omnic style hero and will be a tank, probably named Oris.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard rumors that it's an omnic quadraped codenamed "Anchora" filling a similar role to reinhardt. Efi may act as the voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    And get the Media in a frenzy against Blizzard
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    NEWS FLASH! Computer games are not real!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What message? Overwatch is a fucking video game god damn it.
    How many games can you even name that allows you kill minors? You'll notice how that is conveniently left out of games, either by not having kids at all, or making them invincible to everything. And that's for freaking M rated games. Overwatch is rated T, and they probably want to keep it that way.

You'll also notice how kid killing is left out of WoW... so why would you think Blizzard would go back on all of this just because.... "it's a game"?

And you're all missing the greater point here. A small skinny kid in this game? No one is going to have fun hitting that hitbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    How many games can you even name that allows you kill minors? You'll notice how that is conveniently left out of games, either by not having kids at all, or making them invincible to everything. And that's for freaking M rated games. Overwatch is rated T, and they probably want to keep it that way.

You'll also notice how kid killing is left out of WoW... so why would you think Blizzard would go back on all of this just because.... "it's a game"?

And you're all missing the greater point here. A small skinny kid in this game? No one is going to have fun hitting that hitbox.
    Technically you can kill kids in HotS (Li-Li.) But I definitely agree that I don't think this girl will be a playable hero. I think it is far more likely that one of her inventions will become a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Technically you can kill kids in HotS (Li-Li.) But I definitely agree that I don't think this girl will be a playable hero. I think it is far more likely that one of her inventions will become a character.
    Well, damn, that kinda throws my argument. Haha. Maybe they just get around it there because she's a panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is probably the creator of it. It's also a fairly common cyberpunk trope for AIs to possess kids and make them tech prodigies to have them 'build them a body' and generally give them a presence in the physical world. Efi is almost certainly one of these for me. Overwatch is always way deeper and darker than it seems on the surface, and it makes sense as the connection is the Omnium as I noted in Sombra's web on the last page. She says she doesn't know how she does it: it's because it's not her, the God program guides her hand.

Honestly, my guess would be she makes a robot that steals Doomfist's gauntlet, if this is suppose to tie into that rumor of the next short is Lucio's concert.

Or rather, I think that would be the most interesting.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    sigh, another support? or I suppose we can use another defensive hero.
    I'm thinking defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    That's a guy on the pic...
    Looks like a girl to me, reminds me of a cyberpunk Storm.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I wonder what she's holding in her hand, that's strategically cropped out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spidertank could be a fun hero. Especially if we can get some ranged hitscan spidercannon action going on; a tank that has a decent ranged option would be nice (Reinhardt's Fire Blast is cool, but easy as balls to dodge at range).

Not sure what this means for Doomfist, though. I doubt they'd add 2 tanks in a row, and with a name like "doomfist" I doubt he's a healer. We really don't need more offense/defense heroes, at this point, not unless they can patch some major overhauls that encourage a 3-4 offense/defense hero meta (with 1-2 tanks, and 1 healer). Because unless that happens, we have a desperate shortage of tanks and healers.

They MAY get fancy and make Doomfist a flex hero, effectively a triple hero on release, with "tank", "offense", and "support" loadouts. And selecting any one locks out the others, in any "no duplicate hero" systems.

If they're not going to overhaul the 2/2/2 base meta (which only gets shifted to 1/3/2, for the most part), then they need at LEAST 2 more tanks, and 2-3 more healers, before adding any more offense/defense heroes. Right now, tank and healer lack of diversity is what decides team comps.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-22 at 05:03 AM.

Hell, even Rockstar avoid putting children in GTAs... Blizzard won't even risk this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she's going to be the next hero.

This might be reading into it a bit much, but the artwork they're using for her is fairly unfinished... they got a good finish on the face to capture the likeness, but you can see that the rest of her is fairly unrendered.

Heroes go through multiple iterations and multiple renderings and design concepts. I'd imagine that, were she the next hero, they'd have any number of finished concept pieces to utilize for the picture.

...Aaaaaand of course the whole issue of gunning down children.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, damn, that kinda throws my argument. Haha. Maybe they just get around it there because she's a panda.
    You can also kill Annie in LoL, and she's only 8 years old or somesuch.

However, a top-down Moba where a character flops over when they die to sparkly spell abilities is considerably different than straight-up shooting a child in the face accompanied by a burst of blood in first person would be.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    I've heard rumors that it's an omnic quadraped codenamed "Anchora" filling a similar role to reinhardt. Efi may act as the voice.
    This.

I'd personally love an Omnic hero. A contrast to Zennyata would be nice and being a tank would be another plus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I don't think Li Li is a kid and besides it's a different universe and culture. Can't really compare both when it's normal in one to fight when you're young and while it's the opposite for the other.

In the game "the forest" you get to kill babies with weapons.

In wow you get to kill baby deer and small animals and you don't see animal rights activists complaining now do you? so what really is the difference if your smashing a minor in the face or a baby deer in the face its not real its a just a game.

Tracer is a small skinny kid she looks about 10 and have great fun smashing her with reins axe fun is all subjective I guess tho

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    In the game "the forest" you get to kill babies with weapons.

In wow you get to kill baby deer and small animals and you don't see animal rights activists complaining now do you? so what really is the difference if your smashing a minor in the face or a baby deer in the face its not real its a just a game.

Tracer is a small skinny kid she looks about 10 and have great fun smashing her with reins axe fun is all subjective I guess tho
    Animal Rights groups complain about everything, you just aren't paying attention. And I honestly hope you can tell the difference between the two of those.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They're legally not allowed to use an underage character, come on. They'd lose the T rating if she was in the battlefield. She's related to the new hero in some way at most. Also not sure why you're quoting Widow firing shots at D.va as if it's somehow relevant to an underaged character. (D.va is 19)
    It's T for teen because of the cartoon violence also called PG-13 in movies. If they added enough profanity it would get an Adult rating or R-rating. It has nothing to do with the age of the characters present in the game itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It would get a M rating if characters spouted profanity or engaged in sexual situations. Fantasy and Cartoon violence don't bring mature or R ratings. Otherwise Revenge of the Sith and Lord of the Rings would've been rated R. The ratings systems use the same basic criteria.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Animal Rights groups complain about everything, you just aren't paying attention. And I honestly hope you can tell the difference between the two of those.
    Explain to me what the difference is? They are both fictious its NOT REAL

Show me where animal rights activists have complained about killing baby animals In wow show me the link?