HotS Promotion Clarification

Does one require a WoW subscription to gain credit for the 15 matches played and be rewarded the mount? I'm a mount collector, and would like to eventually add this to my collection, but I do not currently have the funds for a full month's subscription in WoW!

Please advise! Thank you! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the promotion without being subbed to WoW so it is possible to get credit for the matches. I reckon once you complete the promotion and re-sub the mount will be in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I reckon once you complete the promotion and re-sub the mount will be in your collection.
    Thank you! If anybody else can confirm, that would be wonderful!

7+ Year Old Account
    no, you dont need to, i have a friend who only plays heros who has now obtained this mount
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    you can play for free till lvl 20 or something, so you can always log in on one of those to make sure you have the mount.

Great! Only 2.5 gigs left to download of HotS... Hope I can play with no 'e' key! >.<' lalalalalala

It is NOT required, I got the mount and I don't a sub right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also log into wow and go on a level 20 char to test out your mount without being subbed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskreator View Post
    Great! Only 2.5 gigs left to download of HotS... Hope I can play with no 'e' key! >.<' lalalalalala
    uhhh no but you can rebind the spell to something else, as it uses

QWER
    ZB and 123 with L being camera lock, so you can change stuff as you wish in hotkeys

Even if you've never installed WoW or created a WoW account - if you complete the quest in HotS, you have the mount added to your battlenet. It'll be waiting fro you just like all your other mounts you have. Rest assured.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

do you HAVE to play it with a bnet friend or can you just play 15 games on your own? i've never played it and no one on my bnet does either or they've already done it

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    do you HAVE to play it with a bnet friend or can you just play 15 games on your own? i've never played it and no one on my bnet does either or they've already done it
    The whole promotion is about playing with a bnet friend, so yes, you have to play with a bnet friend. You can just post in a thread here or on the official forums and ask for a friend though. Plenty of people doing this for just the mount.

In hots when u add a friend ingame it adds to bnet, so its pretty ez making friends...

You don't actually. I have an US/EU account. I got rewarded in both. I am not subbed in US but I also got rewarded, I made level 1 to log in and see.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would help you if you had been here like the first week it was out ( I posted in like every thread about this mount that I would help people. I've helped now 6 friends and 7 people from here... I need a break. The last week its available I will be doing more runs to help people)

You have to be friends, but if you log into HotS and say something like "LF friend for AI games for WoW quest" you'll likely get an invite and friend request almost immediately. At least, I did on the three or four sessions I played to get the mount..

As a Heroes mod, I can confirm that you do not need to be subbed in order to earn this mount. When you have completed the promotion, the mount is automatically added to your mount collection the next time you log in. It even comes in a gift box to unwrap!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just ask in general chat in HotS. Last time I was on I saw a lot of groups forming to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can just ask in general chat in HotS. Last time I was on I saw a lot of groups forming to do it
    We also have a thread going in the Heroes forum where people can share their BattleTags and meet up!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2164858-For-Azeroth!