Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Says the guy who uses phrases like "cuck tears".
    Maybe I should sugar coat it for you like "Feminized men tears"...better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you fucked up and broke there Code of conduct so be a man and stop bitching about it
    I might be weird, but I am limited edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Just blizzard cuck mods cucking. Nothing new.
    EU is still pretty ok compared to US reports of permabans for using "stupid/idiot" in Hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I named my DH Felbent, I wonder what ailments that will bestow upon you?

eh perma ban for that is harsh but I guess blizz is cracking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post

I can't believe any person with an IQ of 50 and higher could think it's a good name for a character.
    Hows the saying? People who live in glasshouses...
    You can't have the highest IQ if you fail to see, why you were banned.
    On a sidenote. Why care what people name fictive characters? Does it affect your gamingexperience?
    I swear people are getting dumber and dumber. Must be something in the water.

Have fun posting here.

While I agree that his name is terrible, you can't escape that fact that you did insult him to some degree.

What you wrote added nothing to the discussion in the thread (the thread itself was terrible aswell, I'll ackowledge that), and was completely pointless.

In situations like that, when you stumble upon ridiculous threads by ridiculous people, it's best to just ignore it and move on. What you did serves absolutely nobody, and I'd say the ban is justified yes.

As a side note. Using silly meme words and terms like cancer (along with others like kappa and cringe), is a great way of making sure you won't be taken seriously by most people above the age of 18.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-02-22 at 12:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes indeed that name is fucking retarded, but it's their board, their decision and you did not lose anything with that ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    ... now, normally I wouldn't cry because I never thought of that forum as of something constructive where people discuss things, but more as a flame-baiting, toxic and noobish place. However, the reasoning for the ban is something that I never thought would be offensive to the point of permanently banning me from the forums, and also it happened 2 months prior to the ban, from a thread that I had to be linked at to even remember it existed. Also, I haven't been banned before.

Reported post: Indirectly or conditionally insulting people, i.e. trolling/provocation, Please review Battle.net Code of Conduct: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct
    Date: 23-Dec-2016 11:22:41
    The name "Illidandhdh" gave me cancer and ebola combined. I can't believe any person with an IQ of 50 and higher could think it's a good name for a character.

The story is (if I remember correctly), a random DH with the name of "Illidandhdh" made a topic where he asked Blizzard to "remove legendary kill points" (a theory which Blizzard disproved a couple of times) while having done nothing of the content (no LFR, no m+) and having a character name like that.

So again, was I condescending? Yes. Was I disrespectful? Definitely. Is it worthy of a permaban from the forums though, and do you think someone purposely went 2 months back to report something like that?
    I got perma banned from their forum (ages ago) for posting a macro that proved that you could insta-kick someone from PvP even if he's participating.

They really do not like being caught in a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Sorry friend, you're posting in the feefee zone, most people are going to tell you that you deserved it. I on the other hand agree with you. A small temp ban maybe, but perm? No. There's been much worse said and not even a day ban given.
    the moral of the story is if he wanted to keep his posting privileges he should have STFU and moved on, what did that statement accomplish exactly other than to berate the dude for his choice of names.

as much as i understand the meme about names like iildun illllllideen sefphirooth etc etc etc etc etc..... there is a boundary that doesn't need to be crossed. blizzard have to be impartial and even the dudes with poor choice in names get defended.

could ppl come up with more unique names, sure, i'm not the best at naming chars thats why my char is named what it is. still doesn't give ppl the right to publicly flame someone for a character name.

i'm probably the least sjw out of anyone, but if you troll someone you get banned that pretty much forums 101.

I got "perma" banned back in 2011 because i made an angry post about shamans being able to roll on strength 2 handers. Didn't insult anyone, no bad words since u can't post them on the official forums anyways. Simply voicing my displeasure over the stupidity of allowing shamans roll on strength weps.

The fact of the matter is, the ban was not lifted until late 2014. Good luck...

And to Illidandhdh, you and your name both suck...

I've seen much, much worse character names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    I swear people are getting dumber and dumber.
    qed

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    If you insulted him in your language, you probaly wouldt be banned. Unless you hit on a slavic language modelator .

Most of mods will think you are just bad at english. You cant report someone for being bad at it.

For example: I would totaly gift you irl. (gift in german means poision)
    I would totaly kiss you (kiss in sweden means piss)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I got perma banned for asking why we can't downvote blue posts so as to show whether the community agrees or disagrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidandhdh is not as bad as the old classics: Legolas and Arthasdk variations

see what irks me?
    i'm 25 and have played on different online games for over 10 years so when did this "so and so gave me cancer" etc 'meme'/insult become a thing? i'm sure it's people under 20 that use it, it baffles me

Quote Originally Posted by brutal91j View Post
    see what irks me?
    i'm 25 and have played on different online games for over 10 years so when did this "so and so gave me cancer" etc 'meme'/insult become a thing? i'm sure it's people under 20 that use it, it baffles me
    My guess would be that it spawned from the cesspool that is twitch chat, just like most other dumb, overused memes.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    not even that bad a name.
    Any reference to Arthas or Illidan etc. officially fall under Serious Violations :

Include names of World of Warcraft realms, zones, or names of major characters from Warcraft lore.

So yes I do report any and all variations of them.

---

On topic on OP, using diseases etc on the internet as insults, regardless of context is not the best way to deal with situations, especially when they might impact forum users and/or relatives. And in any case that behaviour is 1000x worse then the name in question.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-22 at 12:26 PM.