Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The ugly truth behind virtue signaling

Would you house a 8 year old Syrian refuge kid to protect him from Trump's muslim ban and deportation?

Let's see the answers

Deleted
    Same thing with Rowling, someone even offered to personally buy tickets for up to 100 refugees she could house in one of her mansion but it's just been crickets so far from her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Same thing with Rowling, someone even offered to personally buy tickets for up to 100 refugees she could house in one of her mansion but it's just been crickets so far from her.
    I think it's all branding.

These "famous" people with their (fake?) opinions just want to appeal to a certain crowd.
    When it comes down to it, they will not be part of the solution. They simply stir things up.

I spilt my shoko besakit all over my keyboard at 5:20 - the churches are too concerned about the safety of the children to let any refugees near their schools. That "yeah, right" was pure comedy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope nope nope your all racists now for even suggesting something bad about refugees
    #boycottchina

Lol, comedic gold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I always love how those people can come with every excuse possible to not do what they preach.

expect that none asks anyone to literally house refugees

for the record i'm already paying taxes for their well being and i'm cool with it despite my own finances not being good

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I would not. For the same reason I do not actually build the roads the tax money are used for after it is taken from me. That does not mean I do not want the government to take care of it or vote for having roads built, people given rights etc. I would gladly pay taxes or the ones I already pay, to be used to aid people. If my country was involved in that war that created the refugees, even more so.

Also, I do not think myself capable of taking care of a traumatised 8y old, separated from the parents. We have systems and professionals in place for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    ... so if you´re for the death penalty you´re also ok with killing someone yourself.

Am i doing it right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Gotta live internet activism. All of the feel-goods, none of the work. Share some more Dakota pipeline petitions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    No because that's what she (and us) pay taxes for. So the govt does what they are supposed to do.
    It's not that hard to understand really.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

People in western countries pay a shit ton in taxes. One can support the idea of refugees and immigrants, without having to actually house them. Now, if you want to slash the tax rates, then let people donate to such causes on their own. Hell, let refugees and immigrants in, and let them pay their own way. Problem solved.

It's simply just that they think the government's resources should be allocated towards refugee-housing, and not that they want to personally deal with that trouble themselves.

That isn't necessarily being inconsistent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People in western countries pay a shit ton in taxes. One can support the idea of refugees and immigrants, without having to actually house them. Now, if you want to slash the tax rates, then let people donate to such causes on their own. Hell, let refugees and immigrants in, and let them pay their own way. Problem solved.
    Ah what a great idea. Let´s not share the costs of stuff that benefits everyone, let only the ones who actually use or want it pay for it, what could possibly go wrong?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sail into the wind View Post
    I spilt my shoko besakit all over my keyboard at 5:20 - the churches are too concerned about the safety of the children to let any refugees near their schools. That "yeah, right" was pure comedy gold.
    I already lost it at 2:10 - 2:50
    YOU DON'T HAVE SPACE IN YOUR HEART?!
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2017-02-22 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    No because that's what she (and us) pay taxes for. So the govt does what they are supposed to do.
    It's not that hard to understand really.
    Whatever little tax you're paying are going to ship an orange buffoon to mar-a-lago every friday for 3 days rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Would you house a 8 year old Syrian refuge kid to protect him from Trump's muslim ban and deportation?

Let's see the answers

I find this kind of logic flawed.
    Most people will not want to be involved in something like that, but they can still have opinions on the situation.

If I like football that doesn't mean I wanna play football.
    I don't want people to riot, but I'm not gonna go out and try to stop it myself.
    I'm against some things and for other things, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna take them up as a cause. Know what I mean?

In all honesty, a vast majority of people will talk the talk but never walk the walk. Besides, why is the focus on liberals when the conservatives aren't doing anything either? The conservatives don't even wanna let them into the country, so it's a bit weird for conservative voices to complain about how liberals don't wanna let refugees into their homes. You know, pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-02-22 at 12:18 PM.

Is this really what passes for comedy these days? Regardless of what you think about the refugee issue, watching this guy attempting to be funny is seriously cringe worthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I find this kind of logic flawed.
    That´s kind of the thing of this youtuber... using flawed logic or being hypocritical.