Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So yesterday Trump alluded to incidents involving the hundreds of thousands of migrants taken in by Sweden, and today the media has come out with dozens of stories saying that there's nothing to see here.

So is Sweden doing as badly as people are claiming? Is the Swedish government really cracking down on anyone who talks about what is going on? Is everything fine in Sweden and this is all a massive hoax in regards to stories of migrant problems?

Now that Trump has talked about it, I hope we can get to the bottom of what is really going on.
    Instead of combating weed plants, and stopping them from spreading, they invite more. Catastrophe is inevitable, unless a strong leader comes with a weed whack plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Not the same thing. You're talking about people from other countries being in our country.
    Those people are swedish citizens, some of them even born here as 2nd gen immigrants(Sverigefinnar). What was claimed is that being a swedish citizen means you're swedish. So, why are finnish people who are citizens or even born here called "finne", "sverigefinnar" or "finnar" by swedish people?

Sverigefinnar are even deemed a national minority group by authorities. Jews are a national minority group too, as are the romani. The sami are an indigenous group.

This does not hold up with what was claimed. We do make a difference based on ethnicity, your particular social group might not(But I doubt that) but you can't have missed that it's pretty widespread and even accepted among authorities.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-02-22 at 11:38 AM.

Find the YouTuber "Angry Foreigner" and he can tell you quite a lot of what's happening in Sweden. It's some very interesting, yet sad stuff.

If you do -- and before you start to yell racism, it's not what you think, and I'd recommend you to keep watching some other of his videos.

Sounds like Sweden is in trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    its clear from thsi topic that there are obviously people who know sweden better than the people who live there because they can compare stuff to other countries.
    I have moved from a small town in Austria to right in Gothenburg, Sweden, so I do have some form of comparison. Subjectively and personally, I don't really feel more unsafe when going out, even when it's late in the evening.
    That said: Of course, will vary more from place to place in a big city compared to an overall very homogenous town. I would bet that small villages in Northern Sweden are quite peaceful too. :p
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-02-22 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post

Not sure if trolling or not.
    *eye roll*

There's a difference between trolling and blatant sarcasm. More than a few posts here keep referring to different contexts and situations concerning entirely separate countries without relevance to Sweden or being able to justify the central premise.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-02-22 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58...b0598627a55e94

Isn't Huffington Post generally a very partisan media platform for the democrats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    That's a really crap argument. Stuff like that is more or less w/o presedent in Scandinavia, which makes it severe.
    I wouldn't say quite like that. Riots aren't unheard of in Sweden; one of the bigger ones took place in 2013. Even without large-scale rioting, there's vandalism and car-burning almost on a daily basis in Sweden's migrant-rich areas. And, of course, the number of sexual crimes has gone through the roof.

But yes, this stuff used to be pretty much unheard of in all of Scandinavia, until Sweden decided to focus on collecting Muslim immigrants. Hundreds of thousands of Finnish, Norwegian and Danish immigrants who migrated during the past decades never caused any serious trouble, so I guess Swedes wanted a little excitement and enrichment in their lives. Now they are starting to harvest the fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58...b0598627a55e94

Isn't Huffington Post generally a very partisan media platform for the democrats?
    I bet the journalists and Huffington herself want to get rid of that label and reach a broader audience. Also being partisan shouldn't make the press "spin" everything they cover.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    I bet the journalists and Huffington herself want to get rid of that label and reach a broader audience. Also being partisan shouldn't make the press "spin" everything they cover.
    You're completely correct but I reckon I am just a bit damaged. Fool me once and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I wouldn't say quite like that. Riots aren't unheard of in Sweden; one of the bigger ones took place in 2013. Even without large-scale rioting, there's vandalism and car-burning almost on a daily basis in Sweden's migrant-rich areas. And, of course, the number of sexual crimes has gone through the roof.

But yes, this stuff used to be pretty much unheard of in all of Scandinavia, until Sweden decided to focus on collecting Muslim immigrants. Hundreds of thousands of Finnish, Norwegian and Danish immigrants who migrated during the past decades never caused any serious trouble, so I guess Swedes wanted a little excitement and enrichment in their lives. Now they are starting to harvest the fruits.
    Crime overall has gone down. While the increase in rape can be mostly explained by other factors (broader legal definition that was implemented some years ago and higher report rates due to gender equality).

Even the over-representation of certain groups of people in crime can be mostly explained by socioeconomic factors.

The real issue is that we do have a big problem with integration. Poor policies and unpreparedness has been a big cause, which has now in more recent years been followed with a growing sentiment of distrust and fear.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    Yeah, we do. Finnish people are called finne or finnar all the time. Norwegians are called norrmän or norrbagge/ar. Danish guy at work is called dansken instead of his name.
    No we dont. And if YOU or your friends call people like that dont it say more about you then the general Swede?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Crime overall has gone down. While the increase in rape can be mostly explained by other factors (broader legal definition that was implemented some years ago and higher report rates due to gender equality).

Even the over-representation of certain groups of people in crime can be mostly explained by socioeconomic factors.

The real issue is that we do have a big problem with integration. Poor policies and unpreparedness has been a big cause, which has now in more recent years been followed with a growing sentiment of distrust and fear.
    Sweden is the most violent nation in Scandinavia now. When children get killed with explosives in attacks, you are more like a African nation than a Scandinavian.
    But sure, keep telling yourself that new definitions of rape and violence explain everything.

People who die from violence have gone down in the long aspect, but not attempts to take life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    No we dont. And if YOU or your friends call people like that dont it say more about you then the general Swede?
    Normal people do not overreact like little tumblerina princesses.

It is Normal for Scandinavians to make jokes of each other, and not just on a national level, but inside nations, people living in the neighboring community.
    We have nickname for just about everyone, and its called having a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    But sure, keep telling yourself that new definitions of rape and violence explain everything.
    I'm not a "feels over reels" kind of guy, so I'll keep referencing actual law, crime statistics and research on crime.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a "feels over reels" kind of guy, so I'll keep referencing actual law, crime statistics and research on crime.
    So, the numbers i linked lied? To me they say that Sweden has alot more problems with crime now than in the 80s

Deleted
    So, the numbers i linked lied? To me they say that Sweden has alot more problems with crime now than in the 80s
    Irrefutably in violent crimes, atleast. However not just that, BRÅ has recorded an increase in reported crime by 22% overall between 2006 and 2015, with a trend towards anv avg increase of 4% per year, onward.

So, the numbers i linked lied? To me they say that Sweden has more probelms with crime now than in the 80s
    You cherry-picked specific types of crimes, I didn't think it was worth addressing that as I did not say those types of reported crimes have not increased. They clearly have, but there are so many more factors (I just mentioned one already, reported vs unrecorded crimes - how that changes) that can explain the rise instead of just "the evil Muslims did it".

- - - Updated - - -

Reported crime has increased as far back as the statistics go, 1950. Must have been Muslims as well.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Reported crime has increased as far back as the statistics go, 1950. Must have been Muslims as well.
    If this is directed at me, I have not mentioned muslims anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account

Expressen though,the newspaper that painted black criminals mugs white, so that people would not get the wrong idea.
    Swedish libaries censoring scientists and authors that disagree with the fucked up view the swedish mediahouses have with the state
    of their country.

A lot of blowjobs