Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    With the info we got, a perms ban seems too much. (But we don't know if the person has previous strikes).

I agree the char name is awfull, unimaginative and should be banned/changed. That is what he should have done, report the name (I'm pretty sure it is against name policy) and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    My guess would be that it spawned from the cesspool that is twitch chat, just like most other dumb, overused memes.
    That was around long before twitch even existed.

So, if I made fun of your avatar, would you be pissed? OF COURSE!

I don't like some peeps names sometimes, but I don't directly call them cancer. They name what they want to call themselves, no need to care. Also, you got triggered just because he made a thread about legendary points, and decided to attack him for his name? Haha.

Look at who's making a thread now....

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say considering that was the reason for the ban, we have to remember that if it is minor things that they add up, but they won't link to each and every one of your posts that caused a ban. I would say the post by itself isn't enough to warrant a permanent ban, but we should also remember we don't have a context in your forum behaviour, but we can estimate that if you chose to post that you are likely to have done something similar before or after it. Then I also think that the behaviour on the forums have a lower cap for when they ban you than the actual game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    No my friend, it's simply called The Internet since 1998. Simply because you grew up in an over-sheltered don't-trigger me generation environment doesn't mean the rest of us are in any way annoyed, disturbed or in the least phased by seeing people talk this way.

Grow up or use your ignore feature, we like our Internet as it is, and there's plenty of tools in WoW to hide away the bid bad offenders hurting your feelings.
    Well I was a teenager going to school during the "emo outbreak", I remember the trend getting, well, popular, and also eventually dying out. At least in my country, that is. I also remember the LGBT freedom movement getting really popular the last couple years, maybe since the end of the emo trend, again in my country (it's only been a year since the cohabitation agreement for heterosexual couples got approved so you get the idea).

I'm in The Internet for -the considerably short time of- like 10 years or so, and now in my mid 20s I've never again seen such hate and "cool cursing", if you can call it so; not even during the emo guys, or the LGBT communities and the gay friendly parties.

"Cool cursing" is a trend, it's not how The Internet and online communities work. It's happening now and it's happening outside The Internet as well.
    People weren't doing it during the emos or the gays, situations where one can be racist, but they do it now in video games, like the OP. People do it because they think they sound cool, because other popular people do it, etc. It's a trend, and a very bad one.

Just to clarify, I'm usually not the target of such "humor", because I'm not a passionate online gamer and because I don't curse rl friends and in other communities, university etc., either. But that doesn't mean I like it or find it humorous when said friends start cursing like there's no tomorrow or when 14 yr old children talk about other 14 yr old children's mamas and stuff. Of course it's annoying and disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal91j View Post
    see what irks me?
    i'm 25 and have played on different online games for over 10 years so when did this "so and so gave me cancer" etc 'meme'/insult become a thing? i'm sure it's people under 20 that use it, it baffles me
    I think their origins are from 4-chan, and usualy it was like this: This post gave me a cancer.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/that-post-gave-me-cancer
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I think some people here didn't even read through the (very short) text inside the OP. Which is baffling because I wanted to make it as easy as possible to read. As one of the posters said, I never told him that I wish HIM anything. If anything, I wished it upon MYSELF. I did however say that I think his IQ is low, which is hardly something that should warrant a permanent ban as people have said and keep saying much harsher words.

Quote Originally Posted by Caifas View Post
    Deserved. Try to pull that off irl, go to a store, for example, and start insulting the other costumers. See how long you get to stay there. Sometimes I wonder if people are aware that random folk on the internet are still real human beings. In short, dont be an ass.
    You seem to operate under the assumption that I am like most people - silent and sucking it up when someone is being openly retarded. I usually have the habit of not saying stuff to someone online that I would not have repeated to him/her in the face, I don't care if you believe me or not. This argument of "you wouldn't say that to me in the face" is getting really old. You think people are afraid of you or what? Also, I wouldn't just OPENLY start to insult other customers over nothing. They would have to have done something bad to provoke a reaction from me. In the case of mr. Illidandhdh, his stupid self-entitled thread provoked me and his name sounded like the guy is an idiot, so I posted a response which in my mind, is worthy of his post - unconstructive and flamebaity.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    With the info we got, a perms ban seems too much. (But we don't know if the person has previous strikes).

I agree the char name is awfull, unimaginative and should be banned/changed. That is what he should have done, report the name (I'm pretty sure it is against name policy) and forget about it.
    The hell? Why? Cause it's an overused meme? Hush up now, will you? The damned DH can name whatever he pleases.

Allow me to report your avatar then, Geran. See how that feels...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    Hows the saying? People who live in glasshouses...
    You can't have the highest IQ if you fail to see, why you were banned.
    On a sidenote. Why care what people name fictive characters? Does it affect your gamingexperience?
    I swear people are getting dumber and dumber. Must be something in the water.
    Sometimes people get easily offended and its a shame sadly
    I might be weird, but I am limited edition

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, whole official WoWForums are like one big cancer, and blizz cares not for cuting this cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendarke View Post
    Considering what kind of pussy you are I seriously hope your jaw will get shattered by someone... I really, really do.. and I don´t care about ban here, but people like you... fuck, you should get beaten to the ground. I would be doing service for evolution, hopefully you didn´t manage to reproduce yet and that you never will.
    Wow, you have a lot of anger, huh? I too hope that you didn't reproduce yet, and never will. The last thing humanity needs is more aggressive testosteron bombs like yourself. I would suggest finding help, because wishing actual harm on someone when you disagree is not something a sane person would do.

OT: As others pointed out, I misread and the OP didn't wish diseases on others, but said he got them himself. That's still a horrible thing to say and I hope he never finds out what it's like to have cancer or ebola. He did of course insult the person's intelligence, making it clear that he believes the person to have an IQ of 49 or lower (or he would not have chosen that name). Still a very much deserved permaban.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So, if I made fun of your avatar, would you be pissed? OF COURSE!

I don't like some peeps names sometimes, but I don't directly call them cancer. They name what they want to call themselves, no need to care. Also, you got triggered just because he made a thread about legendary points, and decided to attack him for his name? Haha.

Look at who's making a thread now....
    Not unless i was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    I think some people here didn't even read through the (very short) text inside the OP. Which is baffling because I wanted to make it as easy as possible to read. As one of the posters said, I never told him that I wish HIM anything. If anything, I wished it upon MYSELF. I did however say that I think his IQ is low, which is hardly something that should warrant a permanent ban as people have said and keep saying much harsher words.

You seem to operate under the assumption that I am like most people - silent and sucking it up when someone is being openly retarded. I usually have the habit of not saying stuff to someone online that I would not have repeated to him/her in the face, I don't care if you believe me or not. This argument of "you wouldn't say that to me in the face" is getting really old. You think people are afraid of you or what? Also, I wouldn't just OPENLY start to insult other customers over nothing. They would have to have done something bad to provoke a reaction from me. In the case of mr. Illidandhdh, his stupid self-entitled thread provoked me and his name sounded like the guy is an idiot, so I posted a response which in my mind, is worthy of his post - unconstructive and flamebaity.
    Do you know what "Constructive arguments" are? Cause, even though you didn't wish something on someone, you still said some random shit like "You have a low IQ". Again, not a constructive argument....

Still, kind of seems too much for the perma. 2 Months seems fine though. Making fun of someone's name/intelligence is a big slap in the face most of the time....

I don't have a problem with it, I don't get offended easily, but I can understand why other people would be offended by that.

Was it worth a perma ban though? Probably not. A temporary ban would be enough.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Any reference to Arthas or Illidan etc. officially fall under Serious Violations :

Include names of World of Warcraft realms, zones, or names of major characters from Warcraft lore.

So yes I do report any and all variations of them.

---

On topic on OP, using diseases etc on the internet as insults, regardless of context is not the best way to deal with situations, especially when they might impact forum users and/or relatives. And in any case that behaviour is 1000x worse then the name in question.
    dunno man, i think thats a bit harsh.

i mean yeah its a shit name, but its not worth a report. Ive seen people refer to NPC names in their character names that have been fairly creative, and quite interesting. I think reporting should be kept for actual serious offences, whether blizz wants to ban people or force change their names when they refer to NPCs or not.
    Last edited by BadguyNotBadGuy; 2017-02-22 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Wow, you have a lot of anger, huh? I too hope that you didn't reproduce yet, and never will. The last thing humanity needs is more aggressive testosteron bombs like yourself. I would suggest finding help, because wishing actual harm on someone when you disagree is not something a sane person would do.

OT: As others pointed out, I misread and the OP didn't wish diseases on others, but said he got them himself. That's still a horrible thing to say and I hope he never finds out what it's like to have cancer or ebola. He did of course insult the person's intelligence, making it clear that he believes the person to have an IQ of 49 or lower (or he would not have chosen that name). Still a very much deserved permaban.
    And, for future reference, I hope this is a new trend in the official forums. Hustle to make this standard, Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Not unless i was 12.
    Either way though, talk shit about someone on a thread, calling their IQ low, and their name old, you face the consequences. Idk if people realize how the "Internet polic" works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    ... now, normally I wouldn't cry because I never thought of that forum as of something constructive where people discuss things, but more as a flame-baiting, toxic and noobish place. However, the reasoning for the ban is something that I never thought would be offensive to the point of permanently banning me from the forums, and also it happened 2 months prior to the ban, from a thread that I had to be linked at to even remember it existed. Also, I haven't been banned before.

Reported post: Indirectly or conditionally insulting people, i.e. trolling/provocation, Please review Battle.net Code of Conduct: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct
    Date: 23-Dec-2016 11:22:41
    The name "Illidandhdh" gave me cancer and ebola combined. I can't believe any person with an IQ of 50 and higher could think it's a good name for a character.

The story is (if I remember correctly), a random DH with the name of "Illidandhdh" made a topic where he asked Blizzard to "remove legendary kill points" (a theory which Blizzard disproved a couple of times) while having done nothing of the content (no LFR, no m+) and having a character name like that.

So again, was I condescending? Yes. Was I disrespectful? Definitely. Is it worthy of a permaban from the forums though, and do you think someone purposely went 2 months back to report something like that?
    and i would add, with an answer like this over a name, challenging your perma ban, you must be the one with an IQ less than 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, I don't get offended easily, but I can understand why other people would be offended by that.

Was it worth a perma ban though? Probably not. A temporary ban would be enough.
    ^

This. As much as I see no problem with it, others do. Sorry if OP didn't get his way, that's how life works.

Should've been either a few weeks, or a 2 month ban though...

the fact is, different people react differently when cancer is used in such ways, it's not a thing that is nice in any possible way
    and when dealing with humans, expect different reactions
    it's not cool or funny to use the meme, can't say the perma ban is undeserved really

I can't believe any person with an IQ of 50 and higher could think it's a sensible thing to post.. heh see how it works