Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes, they are invasive, but that doesn't mean we go all vigilante and start purposely not braking for cats on the road (when we have enough time to stop). That kind of behavior is wrong, and so is expressing that they "should be killed" and "I was just doing my part to help the environment" to others, specifically cat owners.

Don't be shocked when people react negatively to such comments.
    Well we can make thread a bit positive then:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You're missing the point entirely. You don't need to go out and start killing them yourself, particularly in a rather gruesome and inhumane way, which may not even guarantee death, but rather painful sufferering, or even a slow and painful death. That's wrong.
    I agree, at that point it becomes murder. And I it should be treated as such. If the OP honestly tried to stop and couldn't, that's one thing. But ignoring the situation and saying it's "just a cat" is wrong. The OP should be run over by someone who says "eh, it's just a human" if that's the case.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-02-22 at 12:57 PM.

tbh if someone deliberately ran over a cat then they deserve to be abused, if you are able to stop without putting yourself or others in harms way then stop...if its rural than chances are it was someones pet and chances are your not moving at 500 thousand miles a second so unless it runs in front of your car at the last second then your just being a prick

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was given the choice of running over 1 puppy, or 100 kittens, I'd run over the kittens.

Reason? I like dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Secondly in my country Ausyralia feral/stray cats reek havoc on native animals and I was doing my bit to help the environment.
    Not true, you weren't trying to help the environment, you're trying to justify your actions.

Why don't cat owners understand that if you cat is out of an enclosed area they should be killed?
    This makes you a horrible person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    tbh if someone deliberately ran over a cat then they deserve to be abused, if you are able to stop without putting yourself or others in harms way then stop...if its rural than chances are it was someones pet and chances are your not moving at 500 thousand miles a second so unless it runs in front of your car at the last second then your just being a prick
    I think they deserve a lot more than to just be abused. Now granted, my cats don't ever go outside. But I will just say hurt my cats at your own risk and leave it at that. They are family members and are treated as such.

If the cats did not want to be ran over, they should have come up with the invention of the motorized vehicle sooner than we did.
    -Darwin

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Not true, you weren't trying to help the environment, you're trying to justify your actions.

This makes you a horrible person.
    It makes them a psychopath actually.

So last night I ran over a cat in the rural area and someone saw it and preceded to abuse me. Now i think i did the right thing for a few reasons.

Firstly swerving around or hard braking for animals on the road is dangerous and if they do damage your car the owner pays as opposed to you for crashing into a tree etc.. instead of the animal.

Secondly in my country Ausyralia feral/stray cats reek havoc on native animals and I was doing my bit to help the environment.

Why don't cat owners understand that if you cat is out of an enclosed area they should be killed?
    I think your username says it all

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Why don't you do like a sane person would do. Run over whoever ask you to make such a choice, but guess it's cooler to pretend your some robot taking commands from superior beings.
    But I can't run myself over......

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    There's a lot of problem-animals in here.
    And they all look to be human.

So last night I ran over a cat in the rural area and someone saw it and preceded to abuse me. Now i think i did the right thing for a few reasons.

Firstly swerving around or hard braking for animals on the road is dangerous and if they do damage your car the owner pays as opposed to you for crashing into a tree etc.. instead of the animal.

Should be? Fuck off.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Meh you didn't swerve and aim at the cat trying to hit it. Crap happens ya know.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Your name is unhinged and you think it's ok to just run over cats.

/end thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    But I can't run myself over......
    Need some tips from the yanks on that one

Kek...
    The things people feel they must share on a gaming. Next thing we know people will be posting photos of their food.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because he can't even spell it?

That said, 0/10. If this isn't a troll attempt, no, killing the cat isn't "the right thing" or "helping the environment". You're basically just looking for people to make you feel better about killing an animal and being berated for doing so.
    "To help the environment" is not an argument I want to take on, as I have no idea the pro's and cons is. My argument however is that sometimes for road safety it's better to hit a small animal than swerve to miss it. By all means try not to hit it, but I rather kill a cat then slam on my breaks causing a rear end collision or swerve into oncoming traffic or off the road and hit a pedestrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I only swerve to miss animals that are big enough to damage my car if I hit them. The smaller ones? Too dmn bad. Evolution in action. Shouldn't be stupid and get in a human's way.
    When the trolls make threads, the real assholes always show up.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    My driver instructor taught me to just drive over small animals if i can endanger myself or other drivers.

Why is this a troll thread, my english skills arent the best, maybe i missed some hidden meaning..

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Why would you run over it? Couldn't you have driven over it?