Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Wow. Refusing to wear a headscarf. So bold.

Isn't she under investigation for fraud? Whatever happened to that.
    Ah, you don't see the empowerment of a woman in charge refusing to do what a man told her to do, then you bring up a non related story in order to attack her, I had no idea you were so sexist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why is that?

she's an amazing woman. love her. she'll make france great again.
    Not possible. France never ceased to be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ah, you don't see the empowerment of a woman in charge refusing to do what a man told her to do, then you bring up a non related story in order to attack her, I had no idea you were so sexist.
    Jesus Christ zenkai, try harder.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Oh look, the usual suspects sucking up to foreign candidates because they want those countries to be just as shitty as the country they are from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Wilders here is also using it.
    Its the new idiotic slogan from Americans who oppose globalism by taking part in International politics and supporting foreign politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Le Pen ain't perfect, but she does right to stand her ground on this issue.

Jesus Christ zenkai, try harder.
    Why? You made it too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Le Pen ain't perfect, but she does right to stand her ground on this issue.
    That's what we said about Trump.

Le Pen is more of a politician than Trump, I think. Trump is like your uncle the car mechanic who says whatever pops into his brain.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    When in Rome...
    .. you don't have to wear headscarfs but a toga?

I find it funny that people complain when foreigners dress and behave differently, arguing that they should adapt and respect the customs of the country they are in. But when the reverse is true then its suddenly oppression that you have to wear or behave a certain way when visiting another country. You really can't win against these sad people because they will complain about everything. Is it really that hard/offensive for you to respect the customs and traditions of the country you are visiting...

TLDR: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinraye View Post
    I find it funny that people complain when foreigners dress and behave differently, arguing that they should adapt and respect the customs of the country they are in. But when the reverse is true then its suddenly oppression that you have to wear or behave a certain way when visiting another country. You really can't win against these sad people because they will complain about everything. Is it really that hard/offensive for you to respect the customs and traditions of the country you are visiting...

TLDR: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    The Ship has sailed on "respecting other cultures" when their culture seems so hell bent on running ramshod over ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Le Pen will not win the elections. She might do good in the 1st round, but she wont go farther then that.

Also the event was staged for puplicity. She was informed beforehand that she would need to wear a Headscarf if she choose to met the Mufti. Then at the last minute pulled her stunt. It was a puplicity stunt to rally her supporters.
    You probably also were one of those people that said Brittain wouldnt leave the EU, and Trump wouldnt be President of the US. You globalist elitists still havent opened your eyes. I feel sad for you
    Last edited by Orlong; 2017-02-22 at 01:56 PM.

Interesting fact-- I have never seen these pictures of Michelle and Hillary before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's what we said about Trump.

Le Pen is more of a politician than Trump, I think. Trump is like your uncle the car mechanic who says whatever pops into his brain.
    Mm.

I've not seen anything particularly villainous from Le Pen. Her staunch advocacy for the banning of all religious garb in the public sphere seems a little extreme from an Anglosphere perspective, but I gather it's not totally ludicrous when looking at it from a French secularist perspective.

I think she is an utter fool for pledging to scrap gay marriage though. Especially since she had seen a real upsurge in LGBT support before declaring her intentions for gay marriage and adoption law changes.

She's trying too hard to please both new supporters and her father's old guard. Try pleasing everyone and you end up pleasing no one.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Issue"? I fail to see how this qualifies as an "issue".
    Foreign female officials being compelled to wear a headscarf when visiting Muslim-majority countries.

Though they are in the West, headscarves are not optional for a lot of women in Muslim-majority countries and I would say it is a mark of solidarity with women fighting against compulsory dress codes in those countries for our own female leaders not to abide by those compulsions.

You don't get this kind of gender-specific shit from the Vatican.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2017-02-22 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I find nothing wrong with someone wearing hijab as a sign of respect....I neither see anything wrong with someone refusing to wear one.
    Wearing it in this situation is kind of like saying "I respect your idea that women are lesser beings". It's a part of Muslim culture we should definitely never respect or accept. And yeah, Michelle Obama or any other female leader wearing it on such an occasion basically says "I'm not equal to you, even tho I might be acting like it. At best, I'm an interesting oddity".

I would kind of respect Le Pen for this one if it wasn't all just an act. She knew she'd have to do this, so she made sure to get reminded of it at the last second to theatrically refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why? You made it too easy.
    A woman refusing to do what a man says is not always an act of empowerment. No more than a man refusing to do what a woman says. Context is important. Do you understand that?
    Eat yo vegetables

In the last 6 years, France has had to submit it's budget to Berlin for approval. Sad!

Le Pen will end that. (She will)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh look, the usual suspects sucking up to foreign candidates because they want those countries to be just as shitty as the country they are from.

- - - Updated - - -

Wilders here is also using it.
    Its the new idiotic slogan from Americans who oppose globalism by taking part in International politics and supporting foreign politicians.
    You mean the same way that European Countries did all they could to promote Hillary Clinton and try to paint Trump as a piece of shit?

A woman refusing to do what a man says is not always an act of empowerment. No more than a man refusing to do what a woman says. Context is important. Do you understand that?
    Call me crazy but when a man a tries to force a woman to wear something just because she's a woman, I define that as sexist and her refusal to wear it empowering.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, seriously speaking, she has no chance of winning. She's an extremist. She's doing good in polls because this is one way french people expresses their discontent of the current government, like an electrochoc. But it would take an apocalyptic climate of fear and hatred for her to have a chance, and even then, the other political parties would adjust their policies based on the circunstances.

And this is not the case. For all the terror recent attacks in France and Europe, terrorism still is nothing but a minor inconvinience. a few hundred death is nothing when your population is 70 millions.

A single tiny change to the health system of the country might cause 10 times more death due to lack of treatment. A single tiny change in the country economy can lead to social tension and more death than terrorism ever would.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-02-22 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why is that?

she's an amazing woman. love her. she'll make france great again.
    Shes a nazi, they tend to be rather... disgusting.