Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we need more of that, but less of everything else she's saying.

Edited: Actually this was a misquote, disregard.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-02-23 at 02:36 PM.

Edited: Actually this was a misquote, disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    How do you like your first ladies? Stylefull and respectful to all ways of life (so also yours) or like the cheap toy of a "call horn"?

But America still comes first right!
    Funny how slut-shaming that you people usually rail on so hard is suddenly fine when it's someone with the wrong political leaning.

Repeat after me everyone.
    h y p o c r i t e

I'm perfectly ok with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    That's right.
    Maybe I should have just stayed at home in my space safe.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    What kind of French custom do you compare to that? We are not going to ask a lebanese woman to take off her headscarf..... its the full face shit that's not allowed over here, not the headscarf! And we are not going to ask them to eat saucisson and drink some wine! So what the fuck are you talking about with your "asking to respect her country custom but dont respect others" shit?

Wearing the headscarf is not a lebanese custom, it's muslim custom or rules. Like I said lebanon is a secular country with 50% muslim (half sunni, half chiite) and 50% christian..... at worst (or best) she only didn't bow down to the lebanese muslim autority. That's all.
    She knew where she was going and i'm almost 100% sure she knew in advance they were going to ask her to wear it before she was going to met the mufit... she made a nice stunt, i agree they should not have force her, but it's still a freaking political stunt imo...

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So when I was asked to wear a Kippah at my friends bat mitzvah, was that wrong? Should I have been offended?
    It wasn't wrong of him to ask. If you refused, and he told you to GTFO, well then....

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    not quite. Darwinism does not describe "untold slaughter for the weak." though it may happen. Darwinsm simply state the fact the better an organism can adapt to its enviroment not only to survive but to thrive in it, the higher chance it has to procreate and pass on its genetic advantage to future generation.

It doesn't mean that a weak species can't survive, just that a more fittest species will thrive more. Darwinism is neither dark nor light, neither moral or amoral, it's just the way nature is.
    You are right, but these people talk about Social Darwinism, which is a very poorly named ideology that has pretty much nothing to do with real theories of evolution. Nature doesn't give a fuck if you're ''weak'' or ''strong'' (else the planet would be covered in dinosaurs, mammoths and sabretooth cats), it only cares if you can pass on your genes through reproduction.

And last I checked, the last time someone wanted to apply social darwinism on a nation-wide scale to kill the undesirable lesser races, it didn't end so well...

Deleted
    I stand with what i say.

I understand that for the family and friend of those afflicted by terrorist attacks, it's a tragedy, a life shattering nightmare. And i am not insensitive to their pain, my heart goes to them.

But at the scale of a nation, i maintain this is nothing but a scratch. You won't make a country like France, Germany, UK or the USA crumble and fall by killing a few hundred people a year.

Statistically speaking, i have more chance to get hit by lightning that to die of a terrorist attack (in western countries). I am not paralized by fear, far from it.
    By all means, keep dying a coward's death because you're "not afraid". Why should we let inhuman assmonkeys slay our kin? Because you're not afraid? Because you don't want to care for your fellow man enough to oppose evil when it not only rears its ever-ugly head but also spits in your eye?

We refuse to be cowed by such. So should you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This has given her international fame and celebrity, it will undoubtedly help her campaign and potentially cause her to win. We'll see. I knew the name Le Pen before, but I thought it was a dude.

I have a feeling that pretty soon, she's gonna whip out Le Pen and change Le Laws in France. lol
    Ironically this is a non-story in France. I barely heard about it since it happened. Little article in the press... This is not going to have any impact in the presidency race...... over here we know this is the kind of stuff she's doing. Nothing new for French electors

Nothing wrong with refusing to wear it in Lebanon since it's a personal choice in that country, had it been in a country where the law dictates that you have to cover up then you should do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why is that?

she's an amazing woman. love her. she'll make france great again.
    Nobody is sure because those who claim that do not identify starting point and a clear objective so the progress cannot be verified.

In other words, define the greatness to achieve and how you will make it so.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    She knew where she was going and i'm almost 100% sure she knew in advance they were going to ask her to wear it before she was going to met the mufit... she made a nice stunt, i agree they should not have force her, but it's still a freaking political stunt imo...
    I think, if you want friendly relation, and possibly business partnership with a country, you don't want to go out of your way to offend them. People think it's a sign of weakness to submit to cultural tradition (here, to cover her hair), but i think it's just diplomacy.

When you are a politician who aimed at the presidency, you have to understand that you may represent the interest of a nation, of millions of people.

Sometimes you need to make a stand, like respect of human right (cough*putin*cough), sometimes wearing a scarf to cover your hair really isn't that big of a deal. It even used to be the fashion at some point. Here is a Audrey Hepburn pic

Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-02-22 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Go Marine LePen!!!!!!! 2017 is looking to even outdo 2016, will the left ever get tired of losing???
    Because they know they will have power back. It has always worked that way in democracies. The pendulum of power.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    By all means, keep dying a coward's death because you're "not afraid". Why should we let inhuman assmonkeys slay our kin? Because you're not afraid? Because you don't want to care for your fellow man enough to oppose evil when it not only rears its ever-ugly head but also spits in your eye?

We refuse to be cowed by such. So should you.
    Strong words.

But in real life, what do you really do against "evil"?

Deleted
    Strong words.

But in real life, what do you really do against "evil"?
    A good rule of thumb is if it seeks to kill you it's justified to kill it before it kills you, broski.

Unless, of course, you want to be killed instead. But then I'd recommend doing it yourself instead of forcing it upon others in your nation as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think, if you want friendly relation, and possibly business partnership with a country, you want go out of your way to offend them. People think it's a sign of weakness to submit to cultural tradition (here, to cover her hair), but i think it's just diplomacy.

When you are a politicians who aimed at the presidency, you have to understand that you may represent the interest of a nation, of millions of people.

Sometimes you need to make a stand, like respect of human right (cough*putin*cough), sometimes wearing a scarf in your hear really isn't that big of a deal. It even used to be the fashion at some point. Here is a Audrey Hepburn pic
    I'm not a fan of forcing people to wear religious stuff, but like i said, i think it was just a political stunt, she knew they were gonna ask and she knew refusing would make her look good for her supporter... and people got fooled, marine is a very smart politician, never to be underestimated in her trickery.

she would never have refuse to wear an hat in a church....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzard View Post
    Just a reminder to those who don't believe she'll win because of the polls...

Trump wasn't expected to even nearly be halfway according to most of the polls....

I agree that polls can be misleading. Still, Trump lost the popular vote, which was correctly forecasted. In another electoral system, like in France, he would have lost.
    I don't say she cannot win, but you can't compare the Trump victory to her situation.